Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Good luck to him. I'm sure he won't be one of the thousands of youth players who go to Chelsea and spend half their lives out on loan never to be heard of again.

• Like 3

The question is, is it looking like ASM will be sold because he'll be surplus to requirements, is our budget really actually that tight, or is it a bit of both. I suppose it's possible that we have enough to sign players for the other two or three positions needed, but we needed to trade ASM in order to also bring in Barnes. 

I'm not particularly sad to see ASM go. He was huffy, perma crocked and went missing in games.

I can understand him being sold to fund a bigger overhaul of the squad. Replacements or backups for Almiron/Schar/Burn etc. But if this is literally the cash being raised to purchase Barnes then it's a bit of an anti-climax 

• Like 1

If we sell ASM for £40m and pay the equivalent for Barnes then it's seems to be a strange bit of business to me. Perhaps we're concerned that ASM is likely to miss large chunks of the season through injury so are cutting our losses?

2 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

I'm ice cool. 

What happened to Pedro, Maddison, sozslarasxai?

Romano knows nothing

:lol:

season 10 friends GIF

• Haha 4

Players get bought and sold. We haven't done much selling so probably need some money in and he's an asset we could probably afford to let go. I don't think it'll be a straight swap of him out and Barnes in if it happens. We need more in and this will help facilitate it. We're playing with a deck dealt to us by clubs* that don't want their place taken by us. We'll see what happens, time will get us there but if he has to go and it's for the greater good then bon chance, Maxi, and hopefully the club will drive on to bigger and better things you talented but frustrating person, you. You were needed then, now maybe not so much? See David Kelly/Peter Beardsley for how this should work. (Kelly was even more vital to the club in his time than Maxi by some distance in my opinion). 

*And Ashley's fucking amazing commercial acumen when it came to NUFC that we're still trying to fix.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Starter LW in CL team or go to saudi?

ASM going nowhere 

“Hi Alan, we’ve  agreed a fee of 40 mill with Al-Allahabad Athletic for you , you’re free to speak to them” 

“I want to stay!” 

“Alan, we’ve agreed a fee of 40 mill with Al-Allahabad Athletic for you, you’re free to speak to them” 

:cuppa:

• Haha 4

At least we're not selling him to a PL team because you know damn well that if we ever did, his 2 games of being unstoppable every year would be against us.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MrBass said:

If we sell ASM for £40m and pay the equivalent for Barnes then it's seems to be a strange bit of business to me. Perhaps we're concerned that ASM is likely to miss large chunks of the season through injury so are cutting our losses?

Would make sense 

• Like 7

I'd honestly like to see him have a great career wherever he goes, but have a feeling that it will fizzle out. Performances on the pitch just dont match up to his social media bravado. 

• Like 1
  • Jaysus... 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season