Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

15 minutes ago, MrBass said:

So you're okay with relegation so long as we win a cup? :slap:

>> Safety wink :wink2: as I know you're not <<

we won't be relegated, but i'd be happy if our league form dipped and we finished outside the european places this season, if we have a couple of good cup runs and finally bring a trophy home 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

we won't be relegated, but i'd be happy if our league form dipped and we finished outside the european places this season, if we have a couple of good cup runs and finally bring a trophy home 

Youre Wrong John C Mcginley GIF

7 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think the reason there isn’t more hype around him is he isn’t a flashy player. Doesn’t have Grealish’s skill on the ball or Saka’s ability to beat his man. Can’t argue with his numbers mind.

For all of ASM’s skill, which was a joy to watch when he was on song, his numbers weren’t good enough, simply not comparable to the players listed on that tweet, and his injury record made him expendable 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I want to win a trophy. World domination can wait 

I know that 90% of this board probably only have about ten years left to see us win a trophy but for us young 'uns we've plenty of time to wait. Missing out on Europe would be a massive set back in our development and inevitably lead to the breaking up of some of the side.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

I want to win a trophy. World domination can wait 

With world domination comes trophies.

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

I know that 90% of this board probably only have about ten years left to see us win a trophy but for us young 'uns we've plenty of time to wait. Missing out on Europe would be a massive set back in our development and inevitably lead to the breaking up of some of the side.

For those to whom that applies

Fuck Off Star Trek GIF

• Haha 2

Reports saying that Darlow will leave the US tour if talks keep progressing with Bournemouth. Hull and Leeds didn't want to pay the 5m we were looking for. If we can get 5m for Darlow who's 32, even if that's not that old for a keeper, it will represent some decent business. 

• Like 2

Yeah that's decent business for him. Shifting the deadwood is important. Hope we can move some of the other ones to championship sides, or even on loans that can pay a decent chunck of their wages. 

Loans with an obligation to buy could be interesting. You might end up having to pay more for a player in the long run, but being able to push the payments into next season would obviously be desirable from an FFP standpoint. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Howay said:

Steinberg hasn't mentioned it on his twitter page as far as I can see, so unless he mentioned it on a podcast, or something behind a paywall, it appears to be made up.  

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Steinberg hasn't mentioned it on his twitter page as far as I can see, so unless he mentioned it on a podcast, or something behind a paywall, it appears to be made up.  

Thats huge money for a kid off the back of a big injury. Tripper to move to LB?

Edited by Kid Dynamite

I'm still not convinced Livramento will play LB, and that we won't still need someone to play ahead of Burn down that side. Livramento still makes a lot of sense given his potential, his and Trippier's respective ages, and the need for quality cover all over the pitch. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I'm still not convinced Livramento will play LB, and that we won't still need someone to play ahead of Burn down that side. Livramento still makes a lot of sense given his potential, his and Trippier's respective ages, and the need for quality cover all over the pitch. 

Leighton Baines still playing? He could still do a job I reckon.

• Haha 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season