Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

This Endo lad apparently has the lowest bookings to fouls committed ratio in Europe. If he thinks he's doing well on that stat at the minute, he's gonna be fucking smashing it when he signs for ref's favourite Liverpool.

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Endo has zero experience of the premier league 

Tonali has played 1 game in the premier league 

Jeff Hendrick has played 149 games in the premier league 

Endo might be hopeless but it’s unlikely to be due to his premier league experience or lack of it  :cuppa:

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Endo has zero experience of the premier league 

And? Plenty of players come in and do we'll straight away, Tonali being a prime example, albeit it's only one game, or at least don't take that long to settle. It doesn't always take a long time for players to acclimatise. Whether he'll be one of the players that don't need a lot of time to settle, only time will tell. 

18 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

They've let an outstanding young talent go to a team they're trying to overtake and deferred the payment so they can navigate FFP?

Still don't agree but perfectly willing to acknowledge that I have no idea. Just seems unlikely to me with our lot in charge. 

43 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

This has us owing Chelsea a favour written all over it. Doesn't sit well with me but you have to trust the decision makers know what they're doing.

Mind you, given the extent to which Saudi Arabia saved their bacon this window, maybe this is them owing us ;)

• Like 2

It’s been a class window. I’m feeling very positive abut Tonalini and Barnes after their debuts - two players for today - and the two young lads have massive potential.

We’re a RCB away from it being an A+ but we have Dan Burn and Lascelles - surely as good as anyone else’s third and fourth choice CBs in the league?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Mind you, given the extent to which Saudi Arabia saved their bacon this window, maybe this is them owing us ;)

Hmm aye, could well be that Poch got an invite to the Embassy marra.

40 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

They've let an outstanding young talent go to a team they're trying to overtake and deferred the payment so they can navigate FFP?

They've been forced into selling a promising player because their future years' accounts have huge holes in them. They're committed to spending over a £100m a season on players already at Chelsea, that hole has to be plugged with player sales, especially as the competition for lucrative CL spots just got even more fierce. With this deal, they've now got £28m guaranteed for next years accounts.

Doing us a favour? Fuck that, they owe us.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

It’s been a class window. I’m feeling very positive abut Tonalini and Barnes after their debuts - two players for today - and the two young lads have massive potential.

We’re a RCB away from it being an A+ but we have Dan Burn and Lascelles - surely as good as anyone else’s third and fourth choice CBs in the league?

Reported

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

With the best will in the world Endo (for all his reported ability) is 30yr old, so he's a stop gap signing at best. 

Found this interesting on him.

Endo seems like a great player to me. I have always liked him. But I'm not sure that his football and pace is ideal for the Premier League and seeing that he's not just a defensive midfielder, I don't know if he'll only be able to sustain what Klopp wants by playing with players in the midfield like Gakpo, Mac Allister or Szobozslai. with zero defensive intentions.

Yes indeed. The 16M price of him seems like a bargain to me. As a squad player he seems great to me. But I don't know if he's exactly the savior they need or if they're not going to burn him too soon.

PS: In a few months my book on Japanese soccer stories will be out. So I hope Endo will play well at the beginning and give me a good publicity.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

PS: In a few months my book on Japanese soccer stories will be out. So I hope Endo will play well at the beginning and give me a good publicity.

Just another reminder who the king is @The Fish

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer
  • Haha 3

Isn't it fucking lovely to support a club that buys quality players before their prime with the right mentality to succeed.

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Tonali, Livramento, Barnes, Hall. Long term signings with attitudes and ambition in line with the club, who will help to cultivate our identity and be rewarded with the opportunity to reach their potential whilst enjoying our richly passionate supporter base.

• Like 7

47 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I agree. We've signed 5 players (including Hall) for approx $130m and given the squad genuine depth and options from the bench for the first time in years. Fucking brilliant! 

Not bad considering we only had the money to sign 2 average players from relegated clubs according to a certain Mr L. Edwards.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

Endo seems like a great player to me. I have always liked him. But I'm not sure that his football and pace is ideal for the Premier League and seeing that he's not just a defensive midfielder, I don't know if he'll only be able to sustain what Klopp wants by playing with players in the midfield like Gakpo, Mac Allister or Szobozslai. with zero defensive intentions.

Yes indeed. The 16M price of him seems like a bargain to me. As a squad player he seems great to me. But I don't know if he's exactly the savior they need or if they're not going to burn him too soon.

Going off that video and other stuff, it does seem to me like Endo is closer to a number 8 profile, than a number 6. He may be a pressing number 8, but he's not a player around which you can pivot play. I know they've got Trent moving into midfield, but where they had Fabinho and Henderson who were happy to sit in there and be that jumping off point, I'm not sure Endo or Trent provides that. 

7 minutes ago, OTF said:

Isn't it fucking lovely to support a club that buys quality players before their prime with the right mentality to succeed.

Bruno, Isak, Botman, Gordon, Tonali, Livramento, Barnes, Hall. Long term signings with attitudes and ambition in line with the club, who will help to cultivate our identity and be rewarded with the opportunity to reach their potential whilst enjoying our richly passionate supporter base.

Indeed :lol: It's like a fever dream in comparison to the Ashley era

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

It's fucking mint. I watch every press conference of Howe's, re-watch highlights of matches repeatedly, take interest in everything they're doing. Last time I felt this engaged Bobby was manager; we're entering a golden period in our history. My only comcern is young, reactionary fans on Twitter whose version of hardship is their mam refusing to pay their phone bill kicking off cos we drew against Wolves or someone after a CL match.

Hopefully older cunts can rein them in without going into Four Yorkshiremen mode when the inevitable happens.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Going off that video and other stuff, it does seem to me like Endo is closer to a number 8 profile, than a number 6. He may be a pressing number 8, but he's not a player around which you can pivot play. I know they've got Trent moving into midfield, but where they had Fabinho and Henderson who were happy to sit in there and be that jumping off point, I'm not sure Endo or Trent provides that. 

I do believe that Endo can contribute. At least with the national team he does. Anyway, I think Endo and Trent can be joined by Mac Allister, who might do better than them.

11 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

How many can be on the bench for a champions league game. It would be lovely for Matt Ritchie to get some game time.

12 I believe, 5 can be used (6 in knockout stage)

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season