Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

33 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I can't see any way him leaving doesn’t weaken the team. 

I'll be fucking gutted

what about malcolm brown?

if it wasn't for an unfortunate injury which made him miss the entire 83/84 keegan promotion season then I'm sure he would've been an absolute legend for us.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's an echo in here 😉

Soz, missed that bit. I may be slightly tipsy ;) 

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

Get a fucking grip, you absolute fannies. You’re middle aged men, ffs. If he leaves he’s been a massive part of this team’s transformation to take us from being absolute shite nobodies to PL ‘playas’.  So fair play and thanks a lot. But he came here for the money and cause it suited his career. Even if his weekly wage was lower his contract was bigger. If he wants to go, fine. It’s business. He’s towards the end of his career and we’re at the start of being so big we’ll need three wheelbarrows for each testicle. It’s not like the owners are going to pocket the money and not re-invest it

You're being generous to quite a few on here...

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

I don’t think he’s going anywhere …and just for the record, Craig Hope is a…..image.gif.0d87c930d9c84deb6e9e225ae7bd191f.gif

Seems that he has verbally agreed with Bayern already which only leaves negotiations between clubs left.

We’ve let him speak to them so looks like a deal could be struck. 

I heard Bayern Munich were alerted to his brilliance after the best winger in Europe was shackled by him at the stadium of light a couple of weeks back 

• Haha 10

To be fair to Clarke, hes not the first mackem winger who doesn't enjoy dealing with experienced opposition.

Edited by toonotl
  • Haha 4

If we had any depth I would say that’s a good time to get money for players on the wrong side if 30. Unfortunately we don’t have enough players unless we get other players in immediately.

• Like 1

Maybe we have a Sissoko/Gouffran type 5/6 list (but better obviously) lined up if FFP room becomes available with 2 or 3 exits. 

Of all the players on the "list" of saleable assets I think Tripps and Wilson are the right type. The right balance of ability and age to get good transfer fees, lower the wage bill meaningfully, and avoid losing players with capacity to improve and lose players before they decline and their sale value evaporates.

It's still quite novel to be able to rationalise and see the logic to our transfer activity. Agree or disagree, at least it makes sense.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Hope is now saying that Atletico are in for Wilson

That would be a fucking mental transfer. He'd do well for them, but fuck me if you'd told me a few years ago that Wilson would get relegated with Bournemouth and end up knocking in goals for Athletico I'd have laughed in your face.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Would rather Trips and Wilson went over Isak, Bruno or Botman 

I’d rather Targett, Hendrick, Krafh, Dummett, Murphy, Burn, Karius, Lascelles, Dubrakva, Gillespie, Hall,Longstaff,  Fraser and Hayden were sold before Trips and Wilson. 

The Sandlot Kiss GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I’d rather Targett, Hendrick, Krafh, Dummett, Murphy, Burn, Karius, Lascelles, Dubrakva, Gillespie, Hall,Longstaff,  Fraser and Hayden were sold before Trips and Wilson. 

It kind goes without saying that if it were as simple as selling who we wanted to sell for a price that made sense then most of that lot would already be gone.

• Like 3