Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

35 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Ah well if Burnsie is reporting it then it's not happening. Just another Casey him, plus he was on the telly chasing aliens which I don't recall Casey doing.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Ah well if Burnsie is reporting it then it's not happening. Just another Casey him, plus he was on the telly chasing aliens which I don't recall Casey doing.

Well no, you wouldn't

will smith mib GIF

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Joe is good, but he's not "I want to be paid more than Bruno" level of good 

Perhaps he's asked for parity with Bruno. It could be argued he's worthy of being on similar/same wage.

If we have to sell him because he's making mental demands then surely we're talking Rice/Caicedo money or pretty fucking close to it mind you which would help with the old FFP.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

We can, will and must sell anything to buy a trophy before the ketamine crystals of doom exert their inevitable authority. 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Unless they are offering stupid money, which they won't be given he is out of contract at the end of the season, we simply can't let him go.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i hope he's on the wind up.

billing a replacement for joe???

They haven't got a clue, they just throw names out there and because Howe managed Bournemouth they are basically linking us with all of their players. Remember when it was Lloyd Kelly for a while, still waiting for that one to materialise.

4 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

They seemingly want every one this winter - Kimmich can play RB as back up to Tino, so straight swap. 

It’s full on silly season at the minute. How much would Bayern pay for a 33 year old fullback? Not worth our time.

As much as it pains me to say it, getting rid of Tripper at his age is probably smart business if it frees up the FFP headroom so we can get someone else like Kimmich in. 

But you can't underestimate what he has brought to the club - both on and off the field. We're lucky that we have Tino coming through but I'm pretty sure Howe would rather we didn't sell him. I don't want to see him sold, I saw him joining Eddie's backroom staff and potentially being groomed as a future manager - is FFP really constraining us to this extent? So much of our play still goes through him down our right side and he's been our de facto captain since arriving.