Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

19 hours ago, Howay said:

Nickson was in Italy scouting Ederson at Atalanta this week apparently. 

He won't be cheap. 

what's the fucking point in scouting him then? 

unless.....

does anyone get the feeling there's a lot of brinkmanship going on?

we've pleaded poverty in pretty much every transfer window so far and yet we've always found a way to sign a player.

we're clearly under ffp pressure, but maybe there is more wriggle room than they're letting on, given all the new corporate deals will show up in next year's accounts. 

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

what's the fucking point in scouting him then? 

unless.....

does anyone get the feeling there's a lot of brinkmanship going on?

we've pleaded poverty in pretty much every transfer window so far and yet we've always found a way to sign a player.

we're clearly under ffp pressure, but maybe there is more wriggle room than they're letting on, given all the new corporate deals will show up in next year's accounts. 

Kieran Maguire reckons we could spend £30m on a player and it 'wouldn't even touch the sides'. I don't doubt that this window, just like all the others since the takeover, we'll have money to spend. I think pleading poverty is just gamesmanship, mentioning FFP, talking about having to sell players, and then trotting off and spending £30m, and bringing in a few loan options. 

One thing I was thinking about is Hall, could we be holding off on playing him or signing him, so that we can make more domestic loan deals?

if you're interested in FFP, bluemoons projectriver / stefan on talksport around 11. very knowledgeable on FFP and the city case. think he's a KC but that might be a different bluemoon member

rick parry on talksport right now.

1 minute ago, LondonBlue said:

if you're interested in FFP, bluemoons projectriver / stefan on talksport around 11. very knowledgeable on FFP and the city case. think he's a KC but that might be a different bluemoon member

rick parry on talksport right now.

What if like me, you're interested in FFP but wouldn't listen to talksport even if it was the only avenue to nirvana?

Just now, The Fish said:

What if like me, you're interested in FFP but wouldn't listen to talksport even if it was the only avenue to nirvana?

i do have the deepest sympathy for you. i've long stopped listening to it too. but i saw on our forum that stefan will supposedly be "schooling" simon jordan around 11. more relevant for me of course.

thought i'd spread it just in case someone wants to listen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonBlue said:

i do have the deepest sympathy for you. i've long stopped listening to it too. but i saw on our forum that stefan will supposedly be "schooling" simon jordan around 11. more relevant for me of course.

Reckon I'll just wait for some kindly soul to upload the most relevant/interesting clip. Like you. You could do that couldn't you? Come on be a pal.

10 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

@wykikitoon

Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

🙂 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I didn't even know they played music Fish. 

• Haha 9

Just now, trophyshy said:

I didn't even know they played music Fish. 

They could play canasta for all I care.

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

yeh yeh yeh, I am listening.

This bloke is really good btw,

Everton are FUCKED by the sounds of it.

hopefully he sounds chirpier when he gets on to us

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’m yet to see any evidence proving that Jordan and Katie Hopkins aren’t the same bloke. 

You've somehow managed to achieve the impossible by making me have some semblance of sympathy for Simon Jordan with that comparison

shame on you GIF by cerecdoctors

• Haha 3