Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

As much as it pains me to say it, getting rid of Tripper at his age is probably smart business if it frees up the FFP headroom so we can get someone else like Kimmich in. 

But you can't underestimate what he has brought to the club - both on and off the field. We're lucky that we have Tino coming through but I'm pretty sure Howe would rather we didn't sell him. I don't want to see him sold, I saw him joining Eddie's backroom staff and potentially being groomed as a future manager - is FFP really constraining us to this extent? So much of our play still goes through him down our right side and he's been our de facto captain since arriving. 

Tino being at the club isn’t luck it’s very good recruitment :cuppa:

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Munich after Trippier apparently

Is he cup tied for the champions league?… if not it makes sense for him and Bayern. 
And sadly us…unless he wants to try and win the FA cup? 🤷🏻‍♂️

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tino being at the club isn’t luck it’s very good recruitment :cuppa:

Is he cup tied for the champions league?… if not it makes sense for him and Bayern. 
And sadly us…unless he wants to try and win the FA cup? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Doesn’t make sense regarding ffp. He only cost £12 million and has been here since 2022, unless we sell him for a decent profit I suppose.

Apropos of nothing I hate transfer windows, another modern football invention invented for sky so they can keep people glued to sky sports fucking news on a loop by making shit up. See also, know nowt print journalists

• Like 7

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

Three cheers for the second best commercial team in the business!

Hopefully it's legit sponsorship deals and not Man City sponsorship deals. We really need to keep things by the book.

tosh.0 wink GIF

22 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Duke Luke’em strikes again! 😃

I called this :lol:

tbf I'd take him even if it means going against my only code of honour - helping out Everton in any way, including financially. That said, they are still fucked even with this money so losing him and not being able to replace him will cause them a lot of problems which I am fully on board with.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Duke Luke’em strikes again! 😃

They bought him for €35m last season, he's played almost every game for them, I can't see them selling, especially not for a price we can afford.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Hopefully it's legit sponsorship deals and not Man City sponsorship deals. We really need to keep things by the book.

tosh.0 wink GIF

Perhaps they've decided to take on the related party sponsorship rules rather than FFP. 

22 hours ago, The Fish said:

They bought him for €35m last season, he's played almost every game for them, I can't see them selling, especially not for a price we can afford.

Set against this is the fact that they can't meet their monthly running costs atm. 

1 hour ago, RobElliott said:

More likely to sell someone like Branthwaite as Im sure he cost a pittance from Carlisle and would be a much better profit?

I'd take him.  But think he may end up elsewhere. 

Sounds increasingly like Trippier could be on his way to Bayern. Genuinely gutted about this one. I know there's no room for sentiment if you want to be a top club etc but he's been the key player since the takeover. I hope those in charge know what they'e doing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rumours that he's been playing away, so would make sense that his wife wants a move away from the city. Would be a huge loss though 

Wasnt that last seasons 'news'?

In the last 5 minutes apparently he's been pumping one of our Women;s team and Botman has been shagging his wife :lol: 

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Wasnt that last seasons 'news'?

In the last 5 minutes apparently he's been pumping one of our Women;s team and Botman has been shagging his wife :lol: 

could be some truth in the last bit, might explain why trippier's corners fail to make the near post or sail harmlessly beyond the other side of the penalty area.

• Haha 4