Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

13 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Lately I don't have much time to watch football and evaluate players.

I know that Inacio is the defender that Real Madrid has had in mind for a couple of years. He looks like he's going to be very good and I think we could say that he is a similar player to Botman. I have seen him play in other years and with Portugal Youth and he looks very good.

I have never seen the other one because he arrived at Sporting a few months ago.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I know Holden has mentioned this guy and others.  

Warning Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Window fast approaching. Good window for me would be something like

In:

Tosin

Morgan Gibbs White

A right winger

A young striker 

Out:

Longstaff

Almiron

Targett

Ritchie

Dummett

Karius or Dubravka

Hendrick

Lewis

Fraser

Hayden

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

In:

Tosin

Morgan Gibbs White

A right winger

A young striker 

Out:

Longstaff

Almiron

Targett

Ritchie

Dummett

Karius or Dubravka

Hendrick

Lewis

Fraser

Hayden

I agree with most of this. But I'd only sell Longstaff and Almiron if we got big bids for them. 

They have value as squad players that would be expensive to replace. Take Almiron for example, how much would we need to spend on a PL quality right winger? Barnes and Gordon were both c£40m.

There's no guarantee that Minteh is ready for the PL, especially at the level we are aiming for. And playing Barnes or Gordon on the right is playing them out of position. I'd want Silly Saudi money for him.

Speaking of sales, everyone is saying that if need to sell it'll be Bruno or Isak. But, what about Barnes or Gordon? We'd get big money for either of them and we've got the other as a ready replacement. 

• Like 1

Every day I like Nico Williams more. It is true that he preferably plays on the left, but he can also play on the right and looks like he is going to get better every year. I think he would adapt perfectly to the Premier League and Newcastle style. (The shame is that the rumors linked us to his brother)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I agree with most of this. But I'd only sell Longstaff and Almiron if we got big bids for them. 

They have value as squad players that would be expensive to replace. Take Almiron for example, how much would we need to spend on a PL quality right winger? Barnes and Gordon were both c£40m.

Aye, but when fit;

Tonali

Bruno

Gibbs White

Joelinton

Willock

Anderson

Miley

would all be ahead of Longstaff for me.

Likewise with Almiron;

Murphy

New RW

Barnes

Gordon

Minteh

could all do a job on the RW. f we can get £15mil each id take it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

In:

Tosin

Morgan Gibbs White

A right winger

A young striker 

Out:

Longstaff

Almiron

Targett

Ritchie

Dummett

Karius or Dubravka

Hendrick

Lewis

Fraser

Hayden

Surely we need a left back, we dont even have an actual first choice one now

13 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Surely we need a left back, we dont even have an actual first choice one now

We are dropping £28mil on Hall. Tino, Burn and Trippier are all better there than Targett imo

We should be accepting any bid over 20M for Miggy, Longstaff or Wilson. In fact we should be looking for these deals as they are the main saleable non starting assets we've got.

List of ins in order of priority:

1. Quality CB (cover for Botman and then be a better 3rd choice than Lascelles, eventually take over from Schar?)

2. Forward (Wilson is a crock, cant chase the top 4 or silverware with one striker ffs)

3. RW/versatile winger midfielder/Gibbs White - overdue Miggy upgrade

4.  Covering CB due to injuries  - Kelly mould

5. Young and upcoming striker if Wilson goes- You need at least 3 forwards imo

6.  Left back - lower down the list because Tino has shown he can do a great job there and hopefully Hall has developed a bit

I'd actually put Dubravka high up the replacement list if our injury and FFP situation wasn't so shite, he is utter horseshite even as a backup keeper.

I know some would say we need a 6 and that old debate about pushing Bruno forward. I just don't know how Eddie plans to setup with Tonali fit again and him, Joe and Bruno starting together. We'll let him sort it out.

Also we'll most probably learn we're unable to spend due to FFP so this discussion will be redundant :lol: 

Andy Murray Lol GIF by Tennis TV

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If we sneak any kind of Europe I don’t think Longstaff will go, we still need to hit the homegrown quota. Only have Longstaff, Anderson and Miley unless I’m missing someone. 

Also think Longstaff has been playing injured for the second half of the season, because we are so low on numbers. 

A good young goalkeeper is a must for me, Pope isn’t getting any younger. Gillespie isn’t good enough/used as a training keeper, Karius is going back to Italy and Dubravka should leave.

• Like 2

Was thinking of where Isak sits in the "best strikers in the world" list. Kane, Mbappe and Haaland aside, I can't think of anyone I'd swap him with? 

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Was thinking of where Isak sits in the "best strikers in the world" list. Kane, Mbappe and Haaland aside, I can't think of anyone I'd swap him with? 

Jobe Bellingham

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, strawb said:

If we sneak any kind of Europe I don’t think Longstaff will go, we still need to hit the homegrown quota. Only have Longstaff, Anderson and Miley unless I’m missing someone.

How could you forget Dummet?

• Haha 1