Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Chicken nonce has backed up Hope's comments about Leicester being interested in Dubravka. Perhaps he was just referencing Hope, but it could also be the case that he's heard the rumour independently. On the other hand Rogers is on record as saying that the keepers currently at the club will fight it out for Kasper's place. When he said that it could have been a case of giving those guys confidence and a needs must situation, as opposed to him really thinking he'd be in a position to turn down the chance to get Dubravka if offered. He'd be worth what, 7-10m if we're lucky? It would still knock a nice chunk off the Maddison fee. 

Edited by Polarboy

I’d be wary of offering Dubravka considering if Pope drops, you’re left with Darlow who is pretty shite. If we think there’s a deal to be done, Leicester must be hinting at a positive resolution to it all, just need to work toward a compromise. You’ll be able to talk them down once the window ticks down and Maddison starts getting antsy

Well, in my limited experience of watching Pope, I think Dubravka is better. Pope has that England goalkeeper twitch in him that makes silly mistakes every 4 or 5 games. 

Also, Wood aint no Donkey either. Hopefully he'll settle this year and maybe ASM will learn how to put a high ball in, rather than a square ball when he's ran out of options on the touchline with 3 men on him.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scoobos said:

Well, in my limited experience of watching Pope, I think Dubravka is better. Pope has that England goalkeeper twitch in him that makes silly mistakes every 4 or 5 games. 

Also, Wood aint no Donkey either. Hopefully he'll settle this year and maybe ASM will learn how to put a high ball in, rather than a square ball when he's ran out of options on the touchline with 3 men on him.

Wood just looks so slow.....the amount of times last season a cross came in for him and his headers were powderpuff

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

£52.5m Cucurella to Chelsea. Hard to argue Maddison isn't worth north of 50 when a full back with one season in the PL is going for that much. 

Chelsea have overpaid though. Citeh valued him at 40m which is why they pulled the plug. Brighton done very well to capitalise on Chelsea's desperation after they got knocked back on a couple of their targets for defence. 

Edited by Polarboy

3 hours ago, scoobos said:

In the Premier League Dubravka has made nearly twice as many errors leading to goals as Pope.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Winston said:

Anyone who thinks we shouldn't be signing Maddison needs their head fuckin checked. 

5 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is anyone saying that?

I'm saying it. (I mean, I'd happily take him but I could probably do with my head getting checked to be fair).

• Haha 3

He'd probably be one for the future, or at least somebody that would be bedded in very slowly if we are actually interested and get him. 20 years old, only joined Rennes last season from a Danish top tier team, and only made 11 starts for them. Then again I suppose Ekitike wasn't far off being that raw as well. 

So how did these negotiations go...

NEW: We're interesting in taking Maddison off your hands...

LEI: He's not for sale

NEW: So, £40mil then?

NEW: Oh, a counter offer. Okay, £50mil, final offer

Makes absolutely zero sense.  We wouldn't have wasted our time with two bids and a rumoured third and final bid today if we didn't think we had a chance of getting him.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season