Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

50 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Id much rather Pulisic. I think Hudson-Odoi could be hit or miss.

i'd rather both. greedy. but Hudson Odoi offers more flexibility, Pulisic is better in one position and hides when he gets a kicking. both inconsistent. 

We've obviously been busy in this window, but it sounds like we onto page 2 or 3 of our targets at this point.

They must be tempted to stick with what we've got and try again for the likes of Harrison, Maddison, Diaby, Ramos in January rather than drop £25mil on a French Chris Wood 

Edited by Kid Dynamite
  • Haha 1

Just the way it goes though isn't it. Page 1 is probably stuff where we're not quite there yet as an attraction or as a spending force, but you go for them and hope for the best. 

It'll not be long before page 1 targets are arriving and we're having to upgrade page 1.

Right I'm sick of talking about pages now. 

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Just the way it goes though isn't it. Page 1 is probably stuff where we're not quite there yet as an attraction or as a spending force, but you go for them and hope for the best. 

It'll not be long before page 1 targets are arriving and we're having to upgrade page 1.

Right I'm sick of talking about pages now. 

On 08/03/2022 at 09:35, Christmas Tree said:

So is 433 likely to be our go to formation next year? If so, this is currently our best 11 (imo).

This is where, after 14 years,  it’s hard to get your head around massive investment, rebuilding and accepting that a good few of these will be bench / squad players next season.

My first preference would be to replace Wilson, Fraser, Willock, Dubravka.

But won’t we still have plenty of cash leftover :lol: 

Mind boggling. 

8E4CFD1E-9986-4408-8293-CD6249A9D013.jpeg

So 5000 posts later and we are basically looking at the same team apart from Pope.

Yes we have Botman, but Burn and Schar were excellent last season so that was less of a priority for me.

We need a good last week or it’s a poor window imo.

Some of you need to get past this. Ever other club still expects us to pay over the odds for players, every agent expects us to throw over the odds money at their clients. It's not going to happen. Isn't helped when Forest are paying £40m for Gibbs-White, when Chelsea are happy to pay £60m for Godfrey. But the Botman, Burn, Guimaraes, Pope, Targett, and Trippier deals show that we're not going to show our arse every time we want a player.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

So 5000 posts later and we are basically looking at the same team apart from Pope.

Yes we have Botman, but Burn and Schar were excellent last season so that was less of a priority for me.

A poor window?

Fuck off man.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

SACK THE BORED!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

8 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Jesus fucking wept! 

7 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

I wouldn’t say poor. Anticlimactic maybe. 

I still expect at least a couple more attacking players to arrive. Even if they are page 4 loan types on deadline day.

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

A poor window?

Fuck off man.

:lol:

yeah, whenever those thoughts get anywhere close just think back to this time last year and our failure to find the £2m to get Hamza Choudhury over the line 

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol:

yeah, whenever those thoughts get anywhere close just think back to this time last year and our failure to find the £2m to get Hamza Choudhury over the line 

Bllocks man :lol: 

We are a totally different club. I honestly can’t believe that anyone on here thought that with a week to go, we wouldn’t have improved the front 6.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, toonotl said:

I bet you were an expert at those "joint the dots" puzzles as a kid.

"It's an elephant!"

"Polar, you can't just draw a trunk on the horsey because you like elephants."

"Diaby is signing next week!"

"Eat your pizza."

Thanks for the contribution Eddie Izzard but with better tits 😉 

Edited by Polarboy

25 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

How’s it going for you :lol: 

A0D0404A-BA03-4727-B255-18B0BAF20A67.thumb.jpeg.f58e4fcb698d23ce62916744be7f585c.jpeg

Our defence has been poor for fucking years, either in terms of personnel or organisation. Now we have England internationals at Right back and in goal. One of the most highly rated young centrebacks in the world and an ultra-relaible midtable Premier League left back and big Dan Burn too.   No longer are we fielding a Championship defence, hoping that hardwork and honesty will be enough to hold back the opposition. Our defence isn't just the last line anymore, it's the first step we take in attack too. If the window ends without an attack, the team is still far stronger than it was last season. 

For what it's worth I don't believe the window is over. 

Those players I mentioned are still good, and they'd still improve us, but I'm not pissing my sheets because we didn't sign Marcus Rashford, or that Darwin Nunez chose the title challenging Liverpool over us. Paqueta still might sign. 

You're just a spoiled brat.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Bllocks man :lol: 

We are a totally different club. I honestly can’t believe that anyone on here thought that with a week to go, we wouldn’t have improved the front 6.

That's the point, President Pissypants, there's a week to go. The club hasn't said "Our business is done", we're still seeing rumours for long term targets like Paqueta, short term targets like Joao Pedro and brand new targets like this Terrier.

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season