Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

A 'poor window'.

Of all the twatty things CT has come out with over the years, and fuck me there has been many, this one is going to team some beating. 

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

That's the point, President Pissypants, there's a week to go. The club hasn't said "Our business is done", we're still seeing rumours for long term targets like Paqueta, short term targets like Joao Pedro and brand new targets like this Terrier.

:lol:  :lol:  As I said

4D23FDBA-9F07-42ED-A76F-4BEF04EE8D3D.thumb.jpeg.717ca13b38f0bf3be718278eb4530e7d.jpeg

Edited by Christmas Tree

7 minutes ago, Craig said:

A 'poor window'.

Of all the twatty things CT has come out with over the years, and fuck me there has been many, this one is going to team some beating. 

I can't fathom anything that could ever surpass the Mike Ashley getting the hang of this footballing lark comment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Craig said:

A 'poor window'.

:lol: Dear me. Grow up man.

At the end of the last season did you expect to see improvements in the front 6?

Will you consider it a good window “IF” we don’t improve the front 6?

Honestly :lol: 

2 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

I think possibly poor was the wrong choice of word.

as it stands and should it remain the case when the window closes then I think it's reasonable to say that a failure to add to the attack would be disappointing.

Fair enough. Poor, disappointing, anticlimax.

We all mean the same 👍

44 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol:  :lol:  As I said

4D23FDBA-9F07-42ED-A76F-4BEF04EE8D3D.thumb.jpeg.717ca13b38f0bf3be718278eb4530e7d.jpeg

Two things: 

1. what the fuck do you think you were watching on Sunday? 

2.  You personally are entitled to hold that opinion but you don’t set targets aims or ambitions for NUFC, we now have highly skilled professionals to do that . That renders your opinion as null, void and fairly worthless. Have some faith. 

actually…

3. ITS NOT FUCKIN FOOTBALL MANAGER 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Bllocks man :lol: 

We are a totally different club. I honestly can’t believe that anyone on here thought that with a week to go, we wouldn’t have improved the front 6.

i still think we will improve the front six. I’ve thought for a while it will go to the wire.

It’s obvious what they’re trying to do. Clearly they have the means to spend £70m on Maddison tomorrow. But they want to establish a hard-nosed reputation so selling clubs don’t take the piss out of them in the future.

I have no doubt we will still get a couple of attacking players in but they may compromise options - a couple of loans instead of testing FFP limits by signing the big marquee forwards most of us crave. 

If we end up signing Pedro and we get Pulisic, Broja or Gallagher on loan, it’s been a good window. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

:lol: Dear me. Grow up man.

At the end of the last season did you expect to see improvements in the front 6?

Will you consider it a good window “IF” we don’t improve the front 6?

Honestly :lol: 

Dealing with the points in turn. 

• The irony of being told to 'grow up' by the man who's having a paddy because the toys we've been bought are not good enough for him is, quite frankly, staggering! :lol:
  • I expected to see development in the football club. That meant strengthening on and off the pitch. This has been achieved. I didn't have specific expectations of positions. I'm knowledgeable enough to know it's not that straight forward.
  • Yes, I would still consider it a good window.

'Poor' implies that club haven't performed as they should. It's a ridiculous choice of word that even when pulled up about it, you not only stood by it, you emphasised it in bold. 

You're one of the most illogical people on here. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Bllocks man :lol: 

We are a totally different club. I honestly can’t believe that anyone on here thought that with a week to go, we wouldn’t have improved the front 6.

Confucius say wise man only judge window once window closed. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fair enough. Poor, disappointing, anticlimax.

We all mean the same 👍

Poor doesn’t mean the same as anticlimactic.
we flew out of the blocks and made three signings which, when added to Trippier and Burn, have sorted out our leaky defence. 

You have to put it in perspective. Anticlimactic maybe, if we don’t sign anyone else, after the start we made, but still one of the best windows in recent years. But failing to sign attackers seems highly unlikely given how many we’ve been linked with. 

6 minutes ago, Craig said:

Dealing with the points in turn. 

• The irony of being told to 'grow up' by the man who's having a paddy because the toys we've been bought are not good enough for him is, quite frankly, staggering! :lol:
  • I expected to see development in the football club. That meant strengthening on and off the pitch. This has been achieved. I didn't have specific expectations of positions. I'm knowledgeable enough to know it's not that straight forward.
  • Yes, I would still consider it a good window.

'Poor' implies that club haven't performed as they should. It's a ridiculous choice of word that even when pulled up about it, you not only stood by it, you emphasised it in bold. 

You're one of the most illogical people on here. 

What a load of shite :lol: 

You must be the ONLY fan who didn’t expect to see improvements in the front 6. :lol: 

You must be the ONLY fan who expected improvements in the front 6 to be an absolute guarantee. :lol:

As I said, completely fucking illogical.

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We need a right winger, a striker and for me, an improvement on Willock.

More want than need with the latter, surely. I do get where you’re coming from but I was about to more or less  post the same as Gemmill re the window  not being closed. A lot of things happen near the end of the window too when a big deal leads to another etc. Plus clubs want a replacement lined up before selling goal scorers. Even if we didn’t get anyone else though we’re still light years ahead of where we were pre-takeover. It hasn’t even been a year yet 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Craig said:

You must be the ONLY fan who expected improvements in the front 6 to be an absolute guarantee. :lol:

As I said, completely fucking illogical.

Aye, I’m the only one who thought it was a must.

AA38588B-13C1-44C9-A06D-7C8F7F194CC1.thumb.jpeg.fa82ba9b3c6b0e6fee8b29541f975d13.jpeg

62F2F8AA-5B16-4AED-AFF6-D6C24FD459EF.thumb.jpeg.fcb0ec15228f23324ea74a86eea12304.jpeg

43C13C05-63FF-4F1D-90A1-E9ACADC02DB3.thumb.jpeg.b896156882ee833244cd2358ded616aa.jpeg

C1033E3E-674B-41A1-804F-40211BB7A38D.thumb.jpeg.bb94887385f72fab793b0f89e1de5611.jpeg

But yes Craig, you had no expectations :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

We need a right winger, a striker and for me, an improvement on Willock.

Improvements in all those areas would be great. But the only area we really urgently “need” reinforcements is CF

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

More want than need with the latter, surely. I do get where you’re coming from but I was about to more or less  post the same as Gemmill re the window  not being closed. A lot of things happen near the end of the window too when a big deal leads to another etc. Plus clubs want a replacement lined up before selling goal scorers. Even if we didn’t get anyone else though we’re still light years ahead of where we were pre-takeover. It hasn’t even been a year yet 

I did say if nothing happens in the last week.

The club is fantastically different to September last year and I love everything about it. 

But you can tell from Eddies interviews and our failed bids that we have been geared up to improve the front 6.

If we don’t then it’s disappointing, given what most of us were expecting at the start of this thread.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season