Jump to content

Transfers, 2023-24 season


trophyshy
 Share

Recommended Posts

I had no idea this would prove such a controversial shout :lol:

 

We need a  left back. He’s a 27 year old England international coming to the end of his contract. Hardly an outrageous call in a game of fantasy manager. 


Okay, he’s built like Micky Quinn and looks more bricklayer than pro footballer but I think he’d be good. Experienced but a good age, capable of overlapping and putting balls in. The main issue is Man U seemingly not wanting to sell to us. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I had no idea this would prove such a controversial shout :lol:

 

We need a  left back. He’s a 27 year old England international coming to the end of his contract. Hardly an outrageous call in a game of fantasy manager. 


Okay, he’s built like Micky Quinn and looks more bricklayer than pro footballer but I think he’d be good. Experienced but a good age, capable of overlapping and putting balls in. The main issue is Man U seemingly not wanting to sell to us. 

:lol:

 

This season has probably been his best tbf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

No one in the top 5/6 sides in England are going to want to sell to us I wouldn’t have thought….. we’ll be buying from abroad iyam :cuppa:

 

I think you're right.

But Pep might,  Although usually when he does,, its the right time to sell I.e Sterling. Although Zinchenko and Jesus (pre injury) looked decent for Arsenal this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

 

I think you're right.

But Pep might,  Although usually when he does,, its the right time to sell I.e Sterling. Although Zinchenko and Jesus (pre injury) looked decent for Arsenal this season.

I would take Sterling in a heartbeat. Look at the state of Chelsea btw. Potter playing him wing back etc 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

I would take Sterling in a heartbeat. Look at the state of Chelsea btw. Potter playing him wing back etc 

I would too.  But for Pep's team pushing in the CL I don't think he's for them.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If the right player is available for the right price, we’ll be in for them. We aren’t going to buy just potential but we’ll obviously avoid players coming for a final pay day because we don’t need to even consider them. Like the last few  seasons pre-Ashley. But we’ll definitely get better value abroad. And I agree the scouting network will be light years ahead of what we’ve been used to. Even with likes of Pope and Bruno they were established players, even if they had their best years ahead of them. But apart from those to build up the academy, I reckon most of those coming in from now on will be upgrades on the first team. Age will obviously be a consideration but we’re not going to pass on another Trippier purely because they’re the wrong side of 30. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

the final pay day age bracket is risky, and we've signed enough of them over the years who only turned up for the money, but experienced players with the right attitude can be massive. trippier is a great example. casemiro another. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Who'd you love to have as a CAM if Maddison doesn't happen for whatever reason (signs an extension etc), I cant think of anyone 

We've not really played with a central attacking midfielder and I imagine he would have been played as an 8 (or box to box (Or Mezzala if you're felling froggy)). 

 

in terms of 8s, there's a few like Milinkovic-Savic, Dani Olmo from Leipzig or bring Mikel Merino home.

or CAM I like Atlanta United's Thiago Almada, or Pulisic?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Outside of:

 

Pope

Tripps - we signed his heir apparent in Jan.

Botman

Bruno

Big Joe

Isak

Wilson (pre-world cup version)

Gordon 

 

Everyone else presently here is at a level that could/should be ousted by an upgrade. There's some who you'd like to think remain and become squad players (Willock, Ciggy, Miggy, Schar, BDB, Murphy - yeah I like him as a  squad player) Haven't seen enough of Anderson to judge anything.

 

ASM either gets with the programme remainder of season or gets peddled (but can't see him being a happy squad player - would keep him if he would)

 

And we need a #6 we haven't got even one. I think we'll sign one and Bruno will play more advanced and I don't think we'll sign Maddison.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

No one in the top 5/6 sides in England are going to want to sell to us I wouldn’t have thought….. we’ll be buying from abroad iyam :cuppa:


and a few superstars from down the road.  Marra. 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, trophyshy said:


and a few superstars from down the road.  Marra. 

 

We're not at the level yet where we can poach players from Barcelona mate.

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Outside of:

 

Pope

Tripps - we signed his heir apparent in Jan.

Botman

Bruno

Big Joe

Isak

Wilson (pre-world cup version)

Gordon 

 

Everyone else presently here is at a level that could/should be ousted by an upgrade. There's some who you'd like to think remain and become squad players (Willock, Ciggy, Miggy, BDB, Murphy - yeah I like him as a  squad player) Haven't seen enough of Anderson to judge anything.

 

ASM either gets with the programme remainder of season or gets peddled (but can't see him being a happy squad player - would keep him if he would)

 

And we need a #6 we haven't got even one. I think we'll sign one and Bruno will play more advanced and I don't think we'll sign Maddison.

 

Pope - Keep

Dubravka - Sell 

Karius - Keep

Gillespie -Sell 

 

Trippier - Keep

Dummett - Sell 

Botman - Keep

Schar -Keep

Lascelles - Sell

Lewis - Sell

Targett - Keep?

Krafth - Sell

Manquillo - Sell

Ashby - Keep

Burn - Keep

 

Joelinton - Keep

Gordon - Keep

ASM - Keep?

Ritchie - Sell

Fraser - Sell

Almiron - Keep

M.Longstaff - Sell

Willock - Keep

Anderson - Keep

S.Longstaff - Keep

Bruno - Keep

 

Wilson - Keep

Isak - Keep

 

Darlow - Sell (dunno if his loan deal comes with an obligation)

Clark - Sell (same as above)

Hayden - Sell (Ditto)

Hendrick - Sell (Ditto)

Kuol - Keep

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Alex said:

If the right player is available for the right price, we’ll be in for them. We aren’t going to buy just potential but we’ll obviously avoid players coming for a final pay day because we don’t need to even consider them. Like the last few  seasons pre-Ashley. But we’ll definitely get better value abroad. And I agree the scouting network will be light years ahead of what we’ve been used to. Even with likes of Pope and Bruno they were established players, even if they had their best years ahead of them. But apart from those to build up the academy, I reckon most of those coming in from now on will be upgrades on the first team. Age will obviously be a consideration but we’re not going to pass on another Trippier purely because they’re the wrong side of 30. 


You just have to look at Arsenal in January. Trossard and Jorginho probably won’t be there for long but it might just be the injection of quality in the right areas that they need to win the title. We might need players of that ilk to help us Bridge the gap in the short term since they’ll have the nous that a Longstaff or Almiron (just as examples) that don’t 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

jorginho would have been perfect fit for us in january. he wouldn't have been a long term fix, but a replacement and upgrade on shelvey, allowing bruno to play further forwards. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Sell is an ambitious label for some of those tbh.

 

+ Murphy - Keep.

 

Aye but considering we shipped Wood off for $15M plus loan fee, I'm confident Ashworth can convince someone to take Lascelles if we pay them $5M. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Alex said:

I would take Sterling in a heartbeat. Look at the state of Chelsea btw. Potter playing him wing back etc 

Nope, he carries next to no threat. Pep got ri of him because he’s a middle distance runner rather than a footballer. See also Theo Walcott.

 

bot absurdly bad decision makers…..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.