Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

Interesting thread on this Hancko guy. Apparently he predominantly plays left back for Slovakia, so he's more adept there than it might at first glance appear, or indeed has merely filled in, in that position out of necessity. He certainly seems more comfortable there, and supposedly has greater attacking threat and athleticism than Burn. A more defence minded full back than a Trippier, but who can still get forward to decent affect is likely what Howe is looking for. If you factor in that we likely already have good relations with Feyenoord since doing the Minteh loan deal, and this could be a goer.  

Edited by Polarboy

A few years ago, I followed Hancko a bit because I had heard so much about him. He signed him to Fiorentina (a team he sympathized with a lot) although he barely played there.

Honestly, I really liked it. I almost always saw him play as a left back and never as a center back. He was on loan at Sparta Praha and it was seen that he was too good for that League. I really don't know why he never had the option to prove himself better and stay at Fiorentina.

I must admit that I haven't seen him play for a couple of years, but they have told me that he has made a lot of progress and that he almost always plays center back.

He would only sign him if he was going to give us a quality leap as a winger, not as a centre-back.

PS: Another great quality of his is that his wife is the tennis player Kristina Pliskova.

• Like 4

Evening Standard saying we're after Robinson the LB off Fulham. It's a few days old story at this stage. If 35m is the price I wouldn't that keen, especially seeing as he's in the final year of his contract. There's surely LB's who offer more going forward for the same price. 

https://www.footballfancast.com/newcastle-premier-league-antonee-robinson-transfer-news-updates/

Just read that Robinson is actually in the top 20% in Europe for his position for successful take ons and progressive carries up the pitch per 90. So while he may not consistently make the final pass before a goal, he's still heavily involved in getting the ball into an area when other players can make that pass. 

• Like 2

I'd have him here because he's a good player. But £45mil is a great offer for someone with 12months on their contract so they can piss off if they're asking for more. 

I'm honestly not sure where he would play in our setup now we've signed Tonali and will be pushing Bruno further up the pitch (on the wing isn't really Maddison's position).

CAD51662-E04E-4B2F-8551-8E2B47607195.jpeg.8da0be305fd8356f855d393d78bde361.jpeg

44 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aren't they trying to pass a rule for 6 year max deal? 

It wouldn’t be applied retrospectively anyway though 

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season