Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

3 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Still dishing out these long contracts :lol: More surprised players are signing them to be honest:lol:

Its really weird, for ffp the max length is 5 already, those extra three arent doing anything for them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Its really weird, for ffp the max length is 5 already, those extra three arent doing anything for them.

Is that the new rule the 5 year rule? Maybe that's what I read. 

57 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Is that the new rule the 5 year rule? Maybe that's what I read. 

No I think thats about overall max contract length, as far as I know the FFP limit is already 5 years. So the fee split down by contract length thing that FFP does will only count up to 5 years, the extra three aren't lowering their outlay at all.

Its sort of broken down through a lens of what we can spend here;

• Like 3

Chicken Nonce reckons we are in advanced talks for Livramento from Southampton.

Not sure where we are going to get the money from since we blew our budget on Tonali.

Seemingly one proposal on the table is cash plus Maxi, who is free to leave this summer ;) 

Strange position to strengthen when we've got Tripper, Krafth, Manquillo and Ashby in the squad? Unless we are following the Chelsea approach of filling the squad and loaning half of them out...

Edited by Kid Dynamite

As people have said it does seem odd that we'd put 15 to 20m of our supposedly limited budget on a back up to Trippier. I'll be more than happy if we do sign Livramento though of course. He's an extremely promising player. 

Send Ashby out on loan while Livramento eases the burden on Trippier would be my guess. With the idea that Livramento is the future first choice once Trippier winds down. It’s something that Ashworth did at Brighton where you sign your star players replacement while they’re still there

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Aye was just going to say Ashby must be shite if we're signing another up and coming RB. Or can he cover LB too? Thought he was primarily a right back.

Ashby was a signing to bolster the reserves I reckon. Also a low risk gamble given the fee. Obviously Ashworth will have see something in him. We’re not just bringing in bodies for the sake of it. But I think there’ll be a policy of bringing in young prospects and looking to develop them. Then even if they don’t become first team players you can sell them on. 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

If you think about a Livramento deal, assuming the fee is around 15m that's only 3m per year of the contract if I'm understanding this FFP craic. Although his contract might end up longer than that, not that it matters as people have said FFP only takes up to five years of a contract into consideration. And I can't imagine Livramento will be on ridiculous wages either. Very good bit of business potentially. 

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Strange position to strengthen when we've got Tripper, Krafth, Manquillo and Ashby in the squad? Unless we are following the Chelsea approach of filling the squad and loaning half of them out...

agreed. Bit of a weird one. I was expecting attacking mid/winger, centre back or left back next 

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season