Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

56 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Southampton may want £50 million for a 20 year old full back but I can guarantee they will not get it :lol: 

£50m for some cunt I hadn’t heard of before we were linked with him. Nah

• Haha 3

Chelsea have landed on their feet this window mind!

Khoulibaly

Kante

Kovacic

Bakayoko

Mount

Havertz

Aubamayang

Loftus Cheek

Pulisic

Lukaku

Felix

all gone or going, for £200+ mil.

Edited by Kid Dynamite

40m? Either Maddison really didn't want to move to the North East, or perhaps more accurately his missus didn't, or we genuinely just moved on to a different target. I suppose there is a third option of his wage demands potentially blowing up our structure. 

Edit. It does say add ons though, so perhaps the add ons wanted by Leicester take it above what we valued him at. 

Edited by Polarboy

26 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

40m? Either Maddison really didn't want to move to the North East, or perhaps more accurately his missus didn't, or we genuinely just moved on to a different target. I suppose there is a third option of his wage demands potentially blowing up our structure. 

Edit. It does say add ons though, so perhaps the add ons wanted by Leicester take it above what we valued him at. 

I suspect we just outgrew a deal for Maddison. He'll be good for Spurs, though.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Hard to believe we couldn't/wouldn't have agreed a 40 million fee if we had wanted to. This seems like a more voluntary move to other targets on our part, especially with Tonali confirmed already.

Shame 'cause he's a good player, but if Kane is off to Bayern as seems possible at the moment then I don't see Spurs really pushing for Champions League qualification for a while, more likely drifting back to what they were before Poch and Kane

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Chelsea have landed on their feet this window mind!

Khoulibaly

Kante

Kovacic

Bakayoko

Mount

Havertz

Aubamayang

Loftus Cheek

Pulisic

Lukaku

Felix

all gone or going, for £200+ mil.

This one is a weird one as I thought Milan were at their non-EU player limit once they signed Loftus-Cheek. 

The Chelsea situation is weird, this all no doubt helps balance the books but their team is looking pretty weak in parts especially with Kante and Kovacic leaving CM. Hope this striker they’re signing is a flop and things go from bad to worse at that wretched fucking club. 

11 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I’m ignoring all itks and any links. We seem to decide on someone prepare quietly and then make a bid.

Agreed.  Waiting for Jimbo's telly announcements.

5 hours ago, MMXXVIII said:

I suspect we just outgrew a deal for Maddison. He'll be good for Spurs, though.

More likely that we just decided to fuck it off to look at others and now Leicester have had to accept £40m because their grand plan for a bidding war backfired. Diddums

• Like 2

I’m disappointed. Thought he’d be ours for a while. Can only presume we have better targets in mind. Probably ones the ITKs and press haven’t got a clue about which will be concluded 24-48 hours after we first hear about them. That’s how this lot usually roll

I don’t know the source but I saw somewhere that Spurs were offering close to £200k pw which would have broken our wage structure. He would have been nice to have but I just don’t think his position was a priority for us.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I don’t know the source but I saw somewhere that Spurs were offering close to £200k pw which would have broken our wage structure. He would have been nice to have but I just don’t think his position was a priority for us.

that’s the other thing. We’d probably have to change our system to accommodate him. He’s a “number 10” and I’m not sure if he has the lungs to play the “number 8” role in. Howe’s system or whether he’d be wasted out wide. 

Hopefully he massively flops at spurs and our decision is vindicated. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To me it’s more Interesting to see if Kane stays now…if he leaves and Levy does his usual shit of spending a fortune on some second tier foreign player who few have heard of to replace him then it’s fairly certain Maddison has gone for the money /to keep his Insta friendly missus happy. If you’re serious about football the first question you’d  ask Levy is “Is Kane staying??” … you might not ask that if you’re hoping to attend the opening of several envelopes in the near future :cuppa:

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

To me it’s more Interesting to see if Kane stays now…if he leaves and Levy does his usual shit of spending a fortune on some second tier foreign player who few have heard of to replace him then it’s fairly certain Maddison has gone for the money /to keep his Insta friendly missus happy. If you’re serious about football the first question you’d  ask Levy is “Is Kane staying??” … you might not ask that if you’re hoping to attend the opening of several envelopes in the near future :cuppa:

:smile:

I don't think signing Livramento spells the end of Harrison Ashby. How many games are we going to play this season? Trippier can't play them all and given Livramento's versatility I'd expect all 3 get a satisfying amount of game time. Even if that means Ashby goes out on loan for half the season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I don't think signing Livramento spells the end of Harrison Ashby. How many games are we going to play this season? Trippier can't play them all and given Livramento's versatility I'd expect all 3 get a satisfying amount of game time. Even if that means Ashby goes out on loan for half the season.

I reckon Ashby is nailed on for a loan out, if we'd had deeper cover last season reckon he'd already have been out on loan back then.

4 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m disappointed. Thought he’d be ours for a while. Can only presume we have better targets in mind. Probably ones the ITKs and press haven’t got a clue about which will be concluded 24-48 hours after we first hear about them. That’s how this lot usually roll

Chinless, gutless, greedy skinny twat. Dodged a bullet

• Haha 7

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season