Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

:lol: 

yeah. fuck him, the otter-faced loser 

He looks like Ricky Gervais following 6 months of chemo.  

• Haha 10

3 hours ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Chinless, gutless, greedy skinny twat. 

As insults go, this is pretty poor. I could do with one less chin, would love to lose my gut and be skinny again. Greedy? Meh, I'll take that too. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, trophyshy said:

He looks like Ricky Gervais following 6 months of chemo.  

That sweet spot just before you tip over to emancipated "gonna die" look? 

bbc GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

THIS IS WHEN WE STRIKE GET IN THERE ASHWORTH 😀

IMG_2199.jpeg

Go for it. 

City always walk away if bidding/demands go above our valuation on a player. City don't do bidding wars and it usually turns out alright.

Walked away from Kalidou Koulibaly and got Dias,

Walked away from Fred and got Rodri

Refused to enter bidding wars for Alexis Sanchez, Harry Maguire, Cucurella, Harry Kane - wonder how much silverware those guys ended up with? Answer, less than Julian Alvarez got this season alone i bet.

Rice is a good player but i think our £90 bid was a reasonable max.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Go for it. 

City always walk away if bidding/demands go above our valuation on a player. City don't do bidding wars and it usually turns out alright.

Refused to enter bidding wars for Alexis Sanchez, Harry Maguire, Cucurella, Harry Kane - wonder how much silverware those guys ended up with? Answer, less than Julian Alvarez got this season alone i bet.

Sounds like we're following a similar tactic, Maddison bid goes too high? Walk away. Did the same with Diego Carlos who ended up at Villa. 

I guess when the owners have ambitions that lie beyond the next season or two it makes no sense to break your budget on one player or another. We've still spent big, but you always get the sense that we've never gone over our valuation. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sounds like we're following a similar tactic, Maddison bid goes too high? Walk away. Did the same with Diego Carlos who ended up at Villa. 

I guess when the owners have ambitions that lie beyond the next season or two it makes no sense to break your budget on one player or another. We've still spent big, but you always get the sense that we've never gone over our valuation. 

We had a splurge to get us to the top table. Now we're reaping those rewards. Spending at the right time. It's ultra competitive but i'm sure you'll get your days in the sun soon enough. The smile on my face will take quite a downturn in fortunes to remove :) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

We had a splurge to get us to the top table. Now we're reaping those rewards. Spending at the right time. It's ultra competitive but i'm sure you'll get your days in the sun soon enough. The smile on my face will take quite a downturn in fortunes to remove :) 

Honestly think we're trying to avoid the pupae stage of the evolution. No Jo's or Roque Santa Cruz's for us, thank you very much. We look like we've learned from your mistakes. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They can add him to Salah, Gakpo, Diaz and Jota as wide men to provide Nunez with chances to miss

He’s used the same phrase as as Edwards did re this lad ie “any deal will be difficult to do”…. Is that because the club wants to keep him but his agents are plainly touting him around other clubs? :unsure:

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Honestly think we're trying to avoid the pupae stage of the evolution. No Jo's or Roque Santa Cruz's for us, thank you very much. We look like we've learned from your mistakes. 

Another tip for you. Delete all emails once sent.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Go for it. 

Especially as he’s got 12 months left in his contract 

Have you guys heard anything about PIF being involved in Clearlake?

One of Todd Boehlys financial backers.

It's interesting given PIF are also involved with a number of Saudi clubs buying Chelsea players.

Still i'm sure there's nothing to see there.

3 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Have you guys heard anything about PIF being involved in Clearlake?

One of Todd Boehlys financial backers.

It's interesting given PIF are also involved with a number of Saudi clubs buying Chelsea players.

Still i'm sure there's nothing to see there.

Well, yeah PIF are in business Clearlake, in much the same as they're involved with Disney. 

Maybe Disney can make a film adaptation of Cinderella about a footballer who doesn’t fit into his shoes and is stumbling around…

Cucurella

The plot could also involve a gay manager falling in love with him, just to piss off DeSantis

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He’s used the same phrase as as Edwards did re this lad ie “any deal will be difficult to do”…. Is that because the club wants to keep him but his agents are plainly touting him around other clubs? :unsure:

Aye I don’t think Leipzig would want to sell, they’ve sold Nkuku and likely Gvardiol this window which nets them a huge sum. Think it’ll be a case of a team either paying the €70m up front in full or he stays there. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I feel for the lass. She's clueless and a bit of a knob by all accounts. But Merson and the likes spout equally as much shite and get away with it because they're not female or black 

• Like 4

That Exile fucker off the SMB reckons Maddison went to Spurs because he doesn't want to play for murderers. 

I'm guessing Maddison is as blissfully ignorant of geopolitics as Exile was before we were bought. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season