Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

I genuinely don't think they are concerned by us as title challengers. They just want to recoup some money and get him off the wage bill.

correct imo.  we sold Jesus and Zinchenko to Arsenal who were title rivals and we sold Sterling to Chelsea.

Odds on KP’s next club… I can only presume Palace are willing to buy him too because at 7 mill for 17 games I’d be expecting him to guarantee a champions league spot for Palace who are currently 19 points adrift of Arsenal who occupy fourth :lol:   Would the 7 mill come off any transfer fee? 

FWIW I think if he’s still at Man City around 28th January and we’re his preferred move we might get him…Man City might drop the fee a bit and let him go without the obligation 🤷🏻‍♂️

IMG_3601.jpeg

As a fan I want us to sign a player this window, but I can see why they’re so hesitant. We will likely have a good profit this annual period, with the new sponsors, sale of ASM, and CL money - then next year we will have the adidas deal etc. So there’s a risk of throwing good money at a bad situation if we were to dip into the January market. They likely hope we turn our form around, have a strong finish with what we have and an FA cup run. 

Then we go into next season with at least one decent FFP year in the bank, and a ton of players back. 

• Like 7

It does depend though, I think winning the Europa League nets about €20m - fail to reach the final and you’d get just over half that - Kalvin Phillips alone would be over half that between fee and wages all hitting this year. There’d also still be a large chance we missed out with him. 

1.If Notts Forest are fucked then I'd have Morgan Gibbs White off them. 

2.Given how how little room for manoeuvre we have with FFP, Tonali costing £60mil and getting banned for a season has been a catastrophic transfer in hindsight 

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

1.If Notts Forest are fucked then I'd have Morgan Gibbs White off them. 

2.Given how how little room for manoeuvre we have with FFP, Tonali costing £60mil and getting banned for a season has been a catastrophic transfer in hindsight 

And Barnes. He was supposed to be out for 6–9 weeks. How long has it been now? He’s nowhere near playing by the sound of it 

11 hours ago, Dazzler said:

We've already covered this man :lol:

You can't be considered exceptional at something if you injure yourself everytime you do it.  Dummett remains the king of the slide, and even better he's* often** able to pull off the elusive legal slide tackle reducer.

* - he's = he was

** - often based of per minute of play

38 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

And Barnes. He was supposed to be out for 6–9 weeks. How long has it been now? He’s nowhere near playing by the sound of it 

Yeah the two of them together have pretty much fucked us. Barnes was supposed to be fit by Christmas and he's only just running by the sounds of it. 

9 hours ago, Chaser said:

Yeah the two of them together have pretty much fucked us. Barnes was supposed to be fit by Christmas and he's only just running by the sounds of it. 

Is his injury not similar to Targett's weird one from last season? His was also a seemingly vague and non-serious foot injury and yet barely made the bench the rest of the season. It's a weird one.

13 hours ago, Howay said:

It does depend though, I think winning the Europa League nets about €20m - fail to reach the final and you’d get just over half that - Kalvin Phillips alone would be over half that between fee and wages all hitting this year. There’d also still be a large chance we missed out with him. 

It's not just about the prize money though. Being in European competitions regularly makes us way, way more attractive to commercial sponsors. So while we might bomb out in the 1/4s and pull in £10m, we could sign commercial deals that eclipse that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

It's not just about the prize money though. Being in European competitions regularly makes us way, way more attractive to commercial sponsors. So while we might bomb out in the 1/4s and pull in £10m, we could sign commercial deals that eclipse that.

Also will make sponsorship from Saudi more palatable to premier league rules 

Will titles be stripped if you're found guilty?

If not we should just blow 10bn on players in the summer. Win the league then CL.....then take a relegation or 2.

Edited by Holden McGroin

I reckon even if they were stripped of the titles officially I doubt their fans would give a shit. They still have the memories. 

So, even if we blow billions in the summer, win the league and then the CL only to be stripped of them and relegated to the Conference North I'd still remember the successes even if they aren't officially recognised. Also, imagine how fucking good Joelinton would be in the conference man. He'd smash them all to bits.

• Haha 3

The PL are preparing a fudge on Man City, guilty on some not guilty on others so a points deduction for the season they eventually present their defence and a heavy fine. Can’t see them being stripped of their titles, that would make the PL look utterly fuckin incompetent :cuppa:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The PL are preparing a fudge on Man City, guilty on some not guilty on others so a points deduction for the season they eventually present their defence and a heavy fine. Can’t see them being stripped of their titles, that would make the PL look utterly fuckin incompetent :cuppa:

I want them to avoid a points deduction, purely and utterly to see the reaction of the Everton fans. It's already funny seeing them hold up their shitty little "corrupt" signs, it would be even funnier if those signs were dotted with the tears of the blue mackems.

That said, for consistency Man City should really have the book thrown at them with at least a 10 point deduction - they won't, but they should.

• Haha 2

Seems Everton and Forest are guilty and have admitted as such and its the punishment that is being debated.

The key thing is are we guilty or innocent?

This from a good city source "Prestwich_Blue" on our forum sums it up nicely....

It's actually two offences when you break it all down.

1. We used artificially inflated sponsorship agreements to overstate our revenue, which led to us knowingly filing incorrect accounts.
  2. We didn't declare payments made to Mancini, via the Al Jazira contract, and to players, via the Fordham image rights arrangements.

That's it. The rest is just window dressing

You'd think that point 1 would be quite easy to prove/disprove. Obviously City can only provide City's paperwork but can't force a Sponsor to provide anything. Still that should be enough? Remember it's up to the Premier league to prove their case first and foremost. CAS looked at some of that for the UEFA case and said there was nothing suspicious.

The Mancini payments whilst suspicious as they were between him for a couple of million with an Abu Dhabi club for consultancy pre joining City. Nothing techinically wrong but i guess we'll see.

The Fordham image rights payments i have no idea about.

As far as i'm aware there is no damning evidence out in the public domain. So not quite sure why the court of public opinion has us guilty.

For any thinking that CAS still left a non-cooperation fine on City, it's simple; we cooperated fully up until UEFA leaked confidential information about our business and then we stopped cooperating.

41 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

They probably will get away because of lapse of time for those charges they are found guilty of.

Man City haven't been found guilty of anything as yet. Many think that their is no time limit on the charges. Although Clubs have to operate under English Law so if the PL ignore that it gives us the opportunity to take it to the courts. Also the PL haven't suggested fraud (i know you didnt either) as that would imply a criminal offence and again give us recourse to the courts..

We won't challenge FFP itself (imo). But we will defend ourselves by putting our "army of lawyers" up against the PL's "army of lawyers". Both sides can afford the very best btw, not just us.