Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

19 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Seems Everton and Forest are guilty and have admitted as such and its the punishment that is being debated.

The key thing is are we guilty or innocent?

This from a good city source "Prestwich_Blue" on our forum sums it up nicely....

It's actually two offences when you break it all down.

1. We used artificially inflated sponsorship agreements to overstate our revenue, which led to us knowingly filing incorrect accounts.
  2. We didn't declare payments made to Mancini, via the Al Jazira contract, and to players, via the Fordham image rights arrangements.

That's it. The rest is just window dressing

You'd think that point 1 would be quite easy to prove/disprove. Obviously City can only provide City's paperwork but can't force a Sponsor to provide anything. Still that should be enough? Remember it's up to the Premier league to prove their case first and foremost. CAS looked at some of that for the UEFA case and said there was nothing suspicious.

The Mancini payments whilst suspicious as they were between him for a couple of million with an Abu Dhabi club for consultancy pre joining City. Nothing techinically wrong but i guess we'll see.

The Fordham image rights payments i have no idea about.

As far as i'm aware there is no damning evidence out in the public domain. So not quite sure why the court of public opinion has us guilty.

For any thinking that CAS still left a non-cooperation fine on City, it's simple; we cooperated fully up until UEFA leaked confidential information about our business and then we stopped cooperating.

It seems pretty simple when breaking it down like that, so what's the hold up? 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

They are trying to figure out a way for Man City to get a slap on the wrist whilst also protecting themselves from a dry bumming, legally speaking, from Everton.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

115 different charges that take time.

9 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

115 different charges that take time.

There were leaks before Christmas that it would be November 2024. 

No idea if thats correct though tbf.

So can't remember who, think it might have been Shay Given, that made the point a natural outcome of FFP is that clubs will have to sell their home grown talent, which I guess is true. How does that fit into clubs representing their local communities? 

59 minutes ago, Renton said:

So can't remember who, think it might have been Shay Given, that made the point a natural outcome of FFP is that clubs will have to sell their home grown talent, which I guess is true. How does that fit into clubs representing their local communities? 

You can also do what Man City and Chelsea do, which is buy talented youngsters from overseas that cost buttons. Develop them knowing they are unlikely to ever play for the club and then sell them on for inflated fees because you have the best youth set ups so everyone just assumes the kids are class.

I think the profit is the key measure (stand to be corrected) - So selling Longstaff for £20m would be more favourable than selling Isak for say £75m as it is pure profit of £20m and we'd only get £15m of profit selling Isak for £75m since we paid £60m for him.

That's my limited understanding of it like and it could be wrong.

16 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

You can also do what Man City and Chelsea do, which is buy talented youngsters from overseas that cost buttons. Develop them knowing they are unlikely to ever play for the club and then sell them on for inflated fees because you have the best youth set ups so everyone just assumes the kids are class.

I think the profit is the key measure (stand to be corrected) - So selling Longstaff for £20m would be more favourable than selling Isak for say £75m as it is pure profit of £20m and we'd only get £15m of profit selling Isak for £75m since we paid £60m for him.

Arent you accountant? 

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Arent you accountant? 

Aye but not for a fucking footy club :lol: and I don't have the patience or inclination to start looking at the ins and outs of FFP - I have limited storage space in my head and I am getting dangerously close to forgetting how to fasten shoelaces if I start fucking about with a new skill.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

So not quite sure why the court of public opinion has us guilty.

Surely it's simply that you're successful? Nobody gives a shit about Reading's dodgy owners because who gives a fuck about Reading? People care about our sponsorship deals because we're a threat. The top 6 don't want another force to deal with, the chasing pack don't want another valuable European spot sewn up, and the rest don't want another pair of fixtures written off before a ball is kicked.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Pretty much, Kane and Rice counted as pure profit as there is no fee to amortise. In FFP terms they cost nothing. 

So say we had two bids of €50m, one for Bruno, one for Barnes. The Bruno deal would be better in FFP terms than the Harvey Barnes one. 

45 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Like I said 

Didn't Casey claim Phillips was a done deal not so long ago? :lol: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The other 14 should join forces against the “big 6”  and vote down the P&S rules.

And they’re not happy, let them go and create a breakaway European league if they’re threatened by rich owners who want to invest in their club.

Let their fans travel around Europe every season and the rest of us can focus on domestic/uefa competitions. They can take sky with them. 

1 minute ago, Dazzler said:

The bloke is shameless. I don’t know how he continues to take himself seriously after revealing Paqueta had registered his kid in a school in Newcastle 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

The other 14 should join forces against the “big 6”  and vote down the P&S rules.

And they’re not happy, let them go and create a breakaway European league if they’re threatened by rich owners who want to invest in their club.

Let their fans travel around Europe every season and the rest of us can focus on domestic/uefa competitions. They can take sky with them. 

Which big 6 are you talking about?  of the current top 6 City and Villa both voted against the introduction of FFP and presumeably still would even though it probably benefits us now.

We were the last to join the superleague and the first to actually withdraw (chelsea said they would first, meanwhile we acted). Supposedly we didn't want to but joined out of FOMO.

I suspect we'd be allies.

19 minutes ago, LondonBlue said:

Which big 6 are you talking about?  of the current top 6 City and Villa both voted against the introduction of FFP and presumeably still would even though it probably benefits us now.

We were the last to join the superleague and the first to actually withdraw (chelsea said they would first, meanwhile we acted). Supposedly we didn't want to but joined out of FOMO.

I suspect we'd be allies.

I’m talking about the clubs who voted for the first breakaway ESL. You might be right that your lot might end up siding with us in that scenario. 

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’m talking about the clubs who voted for the first breakaway ESL. You might be right that your lot might end up siding with us in that scenario. 

Ah sorry you mentioned FFP so i got confused.

The ESL 6 were of course the 2 manchester clubs, liverpool, chelsea, arsenal and for some unknown reason spurs.

The 6 clubs who voted against FFP were Fulham, West Brom, Manchester City, Aston Villa, Swansea and Southampton. In a darkly funny twist, everton voted for FFP. I'm unsure if forest were in the PL at the time.

Everton were also amongst the 5 original clubs to breakaway from the league and form the premier league along with spurs, man u, liverpool and arsenal.

1 hour ago, Dazzler said:

Yes. Hes utterly full of shit. He said it was a done deal then belatedly the other night said  “unless someone else came in offering more money” :lol: 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

What a thoroughly tedious affair FFP is. Absolutely stifling any kind of joy in football discussion 

Its the off field VAR. Absolute shambles but great for the established big boys.