Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

19 hours ago, tinofbeans said:

about 4 years past his best. but will be as good as their other no 9. i.e. post head trauma, not very good. 

If we look at his history, he will probably be unable to play 2 full games in a row for Wolves. It's reality.

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

If we look at his history, he will probably be unable to play 2 full games in a row for Wolves. It's reality.

They could get him and Andy Carroll as a tag team and together they could probably manage to play every other every other game or part thereof. Premier league historians would be all over it.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Costa has played 19 games in the last 19 months, only 12 of which were starts. Average of 52 minutes, and he hasn't played a single minute in 2022. 

All signs point to this being a disaster. 

Thankfully he's just there to walk the team mascots.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I bet The Fish knows who he is.

Sure Garang Kuol is a professional footballer who plays as a forward for Central Coast Mariners.[1] He made his professional debut on 21 December 2021 in an FFA Cup Quarter final match against APIA Leichhardt.

Kuol signed a deal with the Central Coast Mariners Academy in January 2021.[2]

Kuol made his debut for the Mariners' senior side as a substitute in their 6–0 win against APIA Leichhardt in the 2021 FFA Cup on 21 December 2021 and scored seven minutes after coming on.[3]

On 5 April 2022, Kuol made his A-League Men debut and scored a goal in the Mariners' 5–0 win over Wellington Phoenix.[4] Kuol went on to score four goals in his first seven A-League Men appearances.[5]

Kuol was one of two "Commissioner's picks" chosen to play in the 2022 A-Leagues All Stars Game against Barcelona.[6]

• Haha 2

Well for starters Central Coast is the Sunderlund of Australia's Newcastle, admittedly last season was more spewa Kev's Sunderlund than 2021/22 but no less.

Garang looks okay, he's not played a lot to be fair but he's young and very slight. From the games I've seen him play, which is 2 or 3, I wouldn't have figured he'd make it to the highest level of football, maybe 2nd or 3rd tier.

But I'm not Dan Ashworth and his lot must see something in Kuol. There is definitely an opportunity for a profit to be made on the lad as they will get him for a few hundred thousand at most and should be able to sell him on for a couple of million but here's hoping he turns out to be the next Drogba.

• Like 1

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season