Transfers, 2023-24 season

trophyshy

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Meanwhile Edwards gut feeling says no and Graves says yes 😂🤣

i don't want to hear what noises are coming from chicken and wine gut 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 1

The Athletic are saying that Pope is agreed in principle and he should have a medical this week.  I do kind of think he's a bit overrated and helped by how Burnley play, but if it's the £10m or so fee that's been mentioned earlier, I'd be more than happy that he'd be an excellent addition to the squad.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

His agent is a right bellend :lol: Obviously sees the money train being backed up to this kid

I’d love us to say “sounds good, we can’t compete with them at this stage so the offer we made is our final offer and we will be looking at other options, let us know within the next week as we plan to be in advanced stages with others”.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

The Athletic are saying that Pope is agreed in principle and he should have a medical this week.  I do kind of think he's a bit overrated and helped by how Burnley play, but if it's the £10m or so fee that's been mentioned earlier, I'd be more than happy that he'd be an excellent addition to the squad.

That would piss all over chicken shaggers theory of no signings to pre season. Another ITK fuck all wanker. 

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I am not sure if it is an old story resurfacing or how much is in it. There were strong rumours about it a couple of weeks ago.

Ekitike going to Bayern would make sense though with Nagelsmann happy to work with young players. Lewandowski leaving would make room for an emerging talent, too. I do hope that that is not why the deal is getting deliberately delayed.

46 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I am not sure if it is an old story resurfacing or how much is in it. There were strong rumours about it a couple of weeks ago.

Ekitike going to Bayern would make sense though with Nagelsmann happy to work with young players. Lewandowski leaving would make room for an emerging talent, too. I do hope that that is not why the deal is getting deliberately delayed.

I can't see them wanting to make a CL push with Ekitike as Lewandowskis replacement, surely him leaving wouldn't be that big a component in signing a "one for the future" forward.

• Like 1

“@hekitike9 Hugo is fine. I assure you! No injury! So it's ok to score even more next season. But where ? I asked the question if he would go to Newcastle. He smiled at me!”

This is doing the rounds on Twitter. The smiling at the question could mean fuck all, but it seems like the cutting his holiday short story was right as the blokes other tweets say this was in Reims.

Edited by Howay

At this rate botman and ekitike (or their entourages) are going to talk themselves out of the biggest moves theyre ever going to get.

we want botman off the back of performances that won lille the league in 20/21 and ekitike off one season of "breakout" quality.

Both those clubs finished midtable in france this season. Cant imagine ekitike would be as fancied next summer if he doesnt manage to reproduce this seasons form, as happens plenty with breakout youngsters and another mediocre finish for lille and the world will have moved on from midtable french league defender botman to the next big thing.

ive never really given a shit about whether we get ekitike in particular, I'm starting to like the idea of moving on, let him learn not to let his advisors take the piss with his talent. 

• Like 4

Going by January, Botman was keen but Lille were twats - sounds like that's sort of the same with some interference from Milan. 

However in both windows it looks like Ekitike is reluctant to come so I'd shed fuck all tears if we move on - I know it's more complicated in the modern game but there has to be some desire somewhere or you just end up with another fucking Owen. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, NJS said:

Going by January, Botman was keen but Lille were twats - sounds like that's sort of the same with some interference from Milan. 

However in both windows it looks like Ekitike is reluctant to come so I'd shed fuck all tears if we move on - I know it's more complicated in the modern game but there has to be some desire somewhere or you just end up with another fucking Owen. 

To be honest I can see why any young player would be cautious about the move to Newcastle United right now. Ekitike is getting  a fuck ton of attention, someone is associating him with some legitimately huge clubs and right now, we're not one of those top top top top top top top teams. 

Sounds to me like his agent is wanting the best possible deal for his client at the biggest possible club. Well, fine, that's his job. I don't believe that Ekitike is sufficiently mature/aware to make this decision himself and will be leaning on advice from his agent, his teammates, his family. Right now, we've only a few things in our favour for a kid like him; We're a PL team, we can pay a lot of money and he's more likely to get game time. The other clubs mentioned are CL clubs, they won't be paying a pittance and they will convince him that if he's good enough, he'll play.

It's different with Botman, he'll have a better idea of his level in the game, he'll see the trajectory this club is on and he'll know that if he shines in the Premier League for a season or two, a massive club will come calling. Even if he isn't in the CL.

• Like 2

Ekitike’s agent is clearly throwing names like Madrid and Bayern around so we throw some more scratch his way IMO. Like I said, he sees the gravy train on this kid and he’s trying to chance a payday. If he does sign for us, the first thing I’d be getting Ekitike to do is fuck that agent off

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

I still think we get both. Trust the process eh 😉🤣

pretty much this. 

one is agent related, he knows pretty much he can get in to our team the other is the player thinking he'll make a difference at Milan, when they probably can't afford him. both are upgrades, both worth a short wait for. 

I honestly think the club are keeping their cards closer to their chests than in Jan. Yes they cannot control agents so Bartman and Ekitike have mouthed off trying to get more interest. 

There was some noise about Pope but not a lot and then boom he's here (almost) 

Whether the likes of chicken shagger et al have been told by the club to keep things under wraps until things are signed I don't know. But it's apparent chicken shagger knows as much as us. I.e fuck all. 

• Like 2

• Meenzer changed the title to Transfers, 2023-24 season