World Cup 2022

8 hours ago, Meenzer said:

A few little free-to-view tasters for the nostalgists among us (some of which may need to be watched externally on YouTube rather than embedded here):

Never mind the fact the two Argentine goals would have been disallowed by VAR, the 'how did Lineker not score that one?' should definitely have been a penalty. 2-0 England I reckon :lol:

May be an image of 7 people, people standing, outdoors and text that says "Betting America"

38 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye but then again you thought people could neck beers and walk round half naked in Qatar.

31 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Did I? :lol: 

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You also thought Dubai was the best holiday ever but now you’d ‘be in no rush back’.

MV5BNTE1ODU3NTM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTk0

10 hours ago, Meenzer said:

This is part of my logic behind watching the World Cup with a clear conscience. I've already watched athletics from Doha and the like for years anyway; it's not like I can do anything to affect the decisions that are made at the top level of fundamentally corrupt sports; but primarily, if the whole thing's going to be the magnificent shitshow it looks like being, why would I not want to watch it?

See? :lol:

• Haha 6

16 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

South Africa 2010: Vuvuzela's

Went to three games in South Africa, including Australia getting punished by Germany. Honestly the vuvulzela's weren't that bad at the ground once you get used to them (that's what you have to tell yourself so you don't go completely mad at the stupid fucking things). By the third game I brought my own to the game to add to the atmosphere....

9 hours ago, Craig said:

Never mind the fact the two Argentine goals would have been disallowed by VAR, the 'how did Lineker not score that one?' should definitely have been a penalty. 2-0 England I reckon :lol:

May be an image of 7 people, people standing, outdoors and text that says "Betting America"

Every time I watch that I think he must score. 

11 hours ago, Meenzer said:

I suspect that's one of the reasons I like 94 so much. :lol:

But seriously, Stoichkov, Hagi, Brolin and co at their peak, what's not to like?

(As long as you're not German or English, anyway)

I think England not being there (whilst disappointing after their performance four years earlier( meant you could just enjoy the tournament. Being at university and watching the matches on bong might’ve helped 

10 hours ago, Craig said:

So why would Maradonna’s second goal be ruled out by VAR? 🤔

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So why would Maradonna’s second goal be ruled out by VAR? 🤔

The foul on Hoddle in the build up is horrendous.

Edited by Craig
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Craig said:

The foul on Hoddle in the build up is horrendous.

Looks like Hoddle saw Batista coming towards him and fuckin bricked it :lol: 

Definitely a foul but there’s no guarantee that’s ruled out today, it’s still people making a judgement call, look at our disallowed goal v Crystal Palace…

England supporters (and press) are the Torries of world football fans, always someone else's fault, never because they're not good enough or shit at penalties, oh no! it's we'd have won it (every time) if it wasn't for those pesky dodgy refs/cheating foreigners. 😂😘

Not a real follower of international football tbh, but if I do it's Scotland, we are shit, we know we are shit, we expect to be shit and we embrace our shitness and cling onto the hope of some small shoot of being not quite as shite now and again.

England should equally embrace their bang-averageness as Scotland embraces its shitness.

Much less stressful

1 hour ago, OTF said:

Went to three games in South Africa, including Australia getting punished by Germany. Honestly the vuvulzela's weren't that bad at the ground once you get used to them (that's what you have to tell yourself so you don't go completely mad at the stupid fucking things). By the third game I brought my own to the game to add to the atmosphere....By the third game I brought my own to the game to add to the atmosphere....

stop-being-a-cunt-11788780~2.png

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Tbf the ref had a poor view of it 

Too busy counting his $$$ most likely.

Has that match ball been sold yet? It was being listed for an obscene amount.

43 minutes ago, Craig said:

Too busy counting his $$$ most likely.

Has that match ball been sold yet? It was being listed for an obscene amount.

I don’t know but Steve Hodge got a fortune quite recently for Maradona’s shirt

Edited by Alex

never been anything other than indifferent to international football, this could rapidly turn to outright dislike if it turns out to having a negative affect on our impressive momentum.

more than a little gutted there's no proper football to look forward to this weekend.

:(

• Like 2