2023/24 - Generic NUFC Chat

wykikitoon

50 minutes ago, Nefilim said:

Just googled Hamza Choudhry - charged with drink driving.

Per Ciljan Skjelbred, Ranheim. 36, Norwegian 2nd league.

image.png.fc29062cf0dccb39703b4611bb4cd8e0.png

• Haha 6

Despite the progress made this shows you how far behind we still are to 'top clubs'. Less than half revenue than that of Spurs or Chelsea, just marginally above West Ham.

We'll be climbing places with the CL money and new sponsorships this year. But after that it will stagnate a little as there won't be CL next season, unless the club manages to find some really innovative ways of securing new sponsorships. 

image.png.75f027926c71ed01e08fa7cd38c09622.png

Edited by aimaad22

The possibilities are endless,” one source told i and Newcastle will be one of Adidas’ seven “elite clubs”, joining the likes of Arsenal, Manchester United, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich. Four new kits are in the works, along with a new line of retro wear that will lean heavily on the club’s mid-Nineties “Entertainers” era.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Wor Amanda at Alnwick Castle this evening. G'wan lass get the cheque book out.

Geet high up chief Yosser met her manservant in London earlier too 👀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Madness that three goalies, two inexperienced teenagers, and a handful of finished squad players haven't brought us any points. Madness I say.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

Madness that three goalies, two inexperienced teenagers, and a handful of finished squad players haven't brought us any points. Madness I say.

Yeah with the combined 10 minutes of gametime they’ve had since September 

Liverpools ability to throw on £50m strikers until one of them manages to have an impact is unrivaled. We will still of course hear about how Klopp never has anything to spend. 

• Like 3

Excellent analysis towards the end on the impact of the injuries and the fixture pile-up. It really has been a fucking disaster for our season. 

Anyone scoffing at fatigue as a reason/excuse needs to stick it up their arse. 

We've won all of our games that immediately follow a break, be it international or winter. Give Eddie Howe time on the training ground, and the lads even the merest of rests, and they're back to being class. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Excellent analysis towards the end on the impact of the injuries and the fixture pile-up. It really has been a fucking disaster for our season. 

We've won all of our games that immediately follow a break, be it international or winter. Give Eddie Howe time on the training ground, and the lads even the merest of rests, and they're back to being class. 

People saying that it's the same for other clubs fail to realise that other clubs either have more depth to their squad, fewer fixtures or both. 

Our substitutes are either geriatrics, or infants. Some of them have full internationals kicking their heels on the bench. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Yeah. I think some people don’t understand the impact of the injuries. We conceded a lot of goals near the end when we were fatigued which wouldn’t have happened if we had decent subs.

The counter argument would be that Eddie style of play wears the players out thus leaving it very difficult for a core set of players to play twice a week.

Other teams manage this. Just for the record, I personally I wouldn’t change it for a second. It got us to the CL.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Yeah. I think some people don’t understand the impact of the injuries. We conceded a lot of goals near the end when we were fatigued which wouldn’t have happened if we had decent subs.

The counter argument would be that Eddie style of play wears the players out thus leaving if very difficult for the a core set of players to play twice a week.

Other teams manage this. Just for the record, I personally I wouldn’t change it for a second. It got us to the CL.

There's a way to keep the style without burning the players out. And I think we've seen that's nascence against Fulham and a more established version against Aston Villa. Bruno making fewer forward runs, fewer forward passes, the leg work being done by Miley (his most aggressive game for us?) and Longstaff too. 

If the games finished around the 75 minute mark, we'd be 4th. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There's a way to keep the style without burning the players out. And I think we've seen that's nascence against Fulham and a more established version against Aston Villa. Bruno making fewer forward runs, fewer forward passes, the leg work being done by Miley (his most aggressive game for us?) and Longstaff too. 

If the games finished around the 75 minute mark, we'd be 4th. 

On a tactical  side note from the Villa game. There was a clear instruction for Isak to cut off the outballl to Konsa from the GK. You could see him run towards Konsa then bend into Martinez. You could actually see Eddie describing this to AG10 when Isak was coming off.

• Like 1