Other Games 22/23

Lads, if we win tomorrow we’re 9 points ahead of them with one game in hand. Overturning 9 points (plus one extra due to our superior GD) seems highly unlikely.

Win our next two games and it’s done. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Handball in the box by Liverpool. Nee bother lads, play on. No need for VAR at all.

I honestly think how VAR is being applied this season is highly suspicious. I’m reading about this sort of thing happening time and again, and it always seems to favour the so-called big 6. They either need to get VAR run by independent and competent officials with no fear or favour, or do away with it altogether.

At the moment it’s looking like a lever to get undeserved results for certain clubs. I wouldn’t mind if that included us, but it plainly doesn’t- someone at NUFC must have missed the brown envelope drop at Euston station this season.

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Kitman said:

the brown envelope drop at Euston station this season.

Meh, amateur-hour that palaver. 

A quiet word in the ear from Big Mo’s Chopping Squad over summer and we’ll be punching lights out next season. :whistle:

1 hour ago, ackas said:

Liverpool are going on a run. 
We’ll need 72 points, but we are more than capable of delivering that. 

Even Liverpool are going to struggle to get 19 points out of the 18 available to them man. 

Jesus, this board. :lol:

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Meh, amateur-hour that palaver. 

A quiet word in the ear from Big Mo’s Chopping Squad over summer and we’ll be punching lights out next season. :whistle:

:lol: Big Mo’s Chopping Squad

No doubt who the best team in the country is after last night anyway. Arsenal have had a great season and Arteta deserves massive credit, but Man City will deservedly win the title.

We could do with Pep winning the treble and deciding to call it quits tbh. He's the cheat codes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Renton said:

Even Liverpool are going to struggle to get 19 points out of the 18 available to them man. 

Jesus, this board. :lol:

What am I missing?

If they win all six they will have 71. 
So to be sure, we will need 72?

27 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Liverpool could easily not drop another point tbh. They’ve got their better players back and the refs aren’t even pretending that they’re impartial when it comes to them anymore. Luckily for us, we’ll be going unbeaten

The 3 games they've just won on the bounce is the most consecutive wins they've had all season in the PL.  Prior to this, the most they'd managed was two on the bounce. 

But now they're just gonna "easily" extend this run and win 9 in a row to end the season.  That's Premier League winning form for a club that's spent nearly the entire season faltering outside of the top 6.  

I don't see it happening. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The 3 games they've just won on the bounce is the most consecutive wins they've had all season in the PL.  Prior to this, the most they'd managed was two on the bounce. 

But now they're just gonna "easily" extend this run and win 9 in a row to end the season.  That's Premier League winning form for a club that's spent nearly the entire season faltering outside of the top 6.  

I don't see it happening. 

I’m not saying it will but I am saying they’re capable at full strength, which they pretty much are now and haven’t been all season. As much as Klopp looks tired, there’s enough muscle memory there where they can turn it on again. It can’t be ignored that the lads running VAR are literally finding ways for them to win as well

Man City's longest run of PL wins this season is 7 and they're unreal.  Arsenal's longest run of PL wins this season is 5 and they've had an unreal season. 

It would be a big shocker if Liverpool put a 9 game winning streak on after the season they've had. 

• Like 2

The only thing to say about Liverpool is their remaining fixtures are probably the easiest out of anyone. There’s pressure on us to win our next two games because we have tricky games against Brighton and Arsenal to come

187B5830-89A9-41F0-9090-DD92962A26A5.jpeg

1 hour ago, ackas said:

What am I missing?

If they win all six they will have 71. 
So to be sure, we will need 72?

So Liverpool are going to go on an unbeaten run and also overturn our goals difference? I mean it could happen, but it's not very likely is it? And why stop at Liverpool? Let's come up with some other mathematically insane scenarios based on nothing shall we? Liverpool this year are a shadow of their former selves.  They're playing teams away from home fighting for their lives, exactly the type of games they tend to lose. 

23 minutes ago, Renton said:

So Liverpool are going to go on an unbeaten run and also overturn our goals difference? I mean it could happen, but it's not very likely is it? And why stop at Liverpool? Let's come up with some other mathematically insane scenarios based on nothing shall we? Liverpool this year are a shadow of their former selves.  They're playing teams away from home fighting for their lives, exactly the type of games they tend to lose. 

If they get 71 points, they will have won all 6 games and their goal difference will be better by at least 6. 
In that scenario, if we also get 71 points then it will come down to goal difference. 
Therefore, if we get 72 points we would be guaranteed to be above them. 

I think we can expect to get 13 points from our next 7. 
I think it’s quite unlikely that Liverpool win all 6, but it’s a possibility. I think our mentality should be we need 72 points. We should expect Liverpool to win all their games, however unlikely that is. 

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

4 wins and a draw and it matters not a toss what Liverpool do.

Let's do that

Edited by spongebob toonpants
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

FAIR  :cuppa:

Chris Wood is out for the season with a thigh injury he picked up playing park footy with RobinRobin and Shelvey's been dumped because he spat his dummy at being dropped to the bench. Working out well for them.Ithat said, I actually want them to stay up though. Their scattergun approach to recruiting is nothing if not interesting.

1 hour ago, Renton said:

This isn't based on nothing though is it. He's not saying it's likely but it is a possibility given Liverpool's mini revival and their easy run in. Plus it would be just like these cunts to go on a run and pip us to 4th. 

Also, our GD doesn't really come into it with them as theirs is pretty decent too and they're more than capable of spanking someone 5/6-0. 

I'm fairly confident that we'll finish in the top 4 but I'm not overly confident about it at the moment. 

23 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Aye, it’s not like football is unpredictable or anything. 

Can anyone tell me our PPG from the first part of last season to second half please?

2.06 after 18 games. What prize do I win?