Other Games 22/23

3 hours ago, Polarboy said:

Fat Frank is, very unselfishly, making it clear that he's only been at the club 9 days, and that losing several games on the trot isn't really his fault 😂

I see we’ve found the new Bruce anyway. Right down to the rapidly expanding waistband. I see Frank has discovered belly pork in his time away from the game 

9 hours ago, Polarboy said:

I haven't seen the supposedly offside Spuds goal, but regardless fuck VAR. Not even a potentially dodgy decision for Spuds again could help them this time. As I said last week Spuds were just as likely to lose today given how inconsistent they've been. If we can't give this lot a spanking next week we'll have to be having a look at ourselves. 

Don't you start. 🙂 

I enjoyed him getting stuck straight into the "I didn't like what I saw today" patter yesterday, talking about players not playing with pride.  :lol:

Right. OK. You know it's your job to fix that in between the games though, don't you?

• Haha 5

Lampard is a classic example of the brilliant player who can't explain to anyone else how to play in the instinctive way he could. 

It's why so many good players are shit coaches. He is just another in a very long list. 

And it's funny. 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Sonatine said:

He even asked their fans questions about Chelsea, he asked them what historical battle was their ground based on?

"You fackin, wot? Ow we sapposed to know that?"

Chelsea-fans-main.jpg

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

A battle In Yorkshire the know nothing cockney cunts

Battle of Hebden Bridge? 

Its that one when the new CUNT of an Accounts manager cut-in on Wykiki as he was preparing to cycle over…

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

Lampard is a classic example of the brilliant player who can't explain to anyone else how to play in the instinctive way he could. 

It's why so many good players are shit coaches. He is just another in a very long list. 

And it's funny. 🙂 

I don't think being a brilliant player precludes you from being a great manager, but it doesn't qualify you either. Zidane is one of my all time favourite players and he seems a decent enough coach. When you're in this position, you have the benefit of accrued experience under other great managers. But you still need the communication skills as you say.

I think people who were mediocre players, like Howe, are selected more on ability by working their way up, and are naturally more driven. They have to earn respect. And as the pool of unremarkable players is clearly several magnitudes greater than the pool of brilliant players, its not hard to see why the game is ultimately dominated by these types of managers. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I enjoyed him getting stuck straight into the "I didn't like what I saw today" patter yesterday, talking about players not playing with pride.  :lol:

Right. OK. You know it's your job to fix that in between the games though, don't you?

I’m fairly sure he pulled out an excuse from the Steve Bruce bible of excuses the other day as he’d said something along the lines of it’s not his fault as he’s only just turned up :lol:.

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Arsenal sucking the suspense out of the title race by going 2 nil up in the first ten minutes. Bellend.

Still got us and Man City away. They're fucked. 

• Like 2

Aye looking at Man City’s fixtures there’s a good chance they win all their remaining games, including the one against Arsenal, and with their GD if they do that they win the league.