Other Games 22/23

52 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

That’s an absolutely bent VAR performance against Brighton 

Stand by for some bollocks placating defense from the FA when things cool down. Farcical.

• Like 1

Thought our decisions were bad, but the ones against Brighton were absolutely scandalous. How can anyone get them so badly wrong? They talk about respecting the refs but ffs you have to be at least reasonably decent at your jobs then .This league has a bunch of farcical clowns officiating. 

• Like 2

The good news from watching this Spurs v Brighton game is that Spurs are still shit. And given they're pretty much last man standing to deny us a CL spot, you've got to be happy with that.

I'd be more worried if I was a Man United fan, with their fixture schedule, and their fraud of a manager who starts his 9-match April by playing Rashford 3 times in 6 days and then complains that the scheduling got him injured.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 3

If you're watching MOTD, have a look at Man United's second goal. The initial pass to Rashford - if that's not Man United, they're spending 10 minutes in the VAR portacabin drawing lines on that to try and prove it's offside. I think it probably was BTW.

With Man United I don't even think it got a VAR check.

• Like 3

Just caught up on MotD myself, I've never seen anything like that Brighton game.

Three penalties denied incorrectly and two goals that should have been allowed to stand ruled out. It absolutely reeks of corruption somewhere, you can't possibly get it that wrong, that many times in such a short space of time and be doing your honest best to be right.

I can see why the penalty for Brentford was given, but it's not consistently done or we'd have had a handful of other pens this season which is what grates.

The handball law being shite has done us for the Wilson one. Theres no way you can say, after a flicked header that came to him quick and hit his arm (in a natural position as they say) which is then contested by both striker and defender trying to get control was done with any intent by Wilson, the fact he came out on top of that contest is the only reason anything at all was given and that isn't how those calls should be made.

VAR is a tool and like any tool it is only as good as those operating it, the refereeing in the Premier League is scandalously poor, PGMOL is not fir for purpose. It's got to the point where Howard Webbs apology letters are basically a meme within a season of them becoming a thing at all.

• Like 4