St James’ Park

Craig

17 minutes ago, Alex said:

How would they be able to do that unless it’s already being shown live in this country anyway? No way Sky / BT / Amazon and the PL are going to agree to exceptions to their exclusive agreements 

Fuck knows. They did beam backs in years gone by for games that weren't shown live. And they show live video of the game inside the ground?

Maybe it won't be possible, but Keith Downey has tweeted to say they will be showing games. He might just mean the matches that are already live though 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fuck knows. They did beam backs in years gone by for games that weren't shown live. And they show live video of the game inside the ground?

Maybe it won't be possible, but Keith Downey has tweeted to say they will be showing games. He might just mean the matches that are already live though 

I think you can show the game live inside because you can only be there with a valid ticket / if you work there. Beam backs were before the days of there being much live football on tv. I don’t recall any more recently. Having said all that, even if it’s not this season, we might be moving towards an era when clubs have their own tv deals. I think that’s the case in Spain? 

Not a massive fan of these kind of things, the one at Man City is soulless corporate car park for use by day trippers. 

But, it’s a way of growing revenue I suppose. Which we need to do

• Like 2

Well at the minute it's a derelict car park so even a stack is an improvement. From what I've heard though is that this will be a 2 to 3 year stop gap whilst they figure out what to do with Gallowgate and the East stand. I think both could be extended using modern engineering solutions. Hope so anyway. 

1 hour ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

My only saving grace is that Stack used to have some quality local food places (and some shite as well, like) so it’d be good for some local places to have residence inside it and share in the popularity 

Aye, the Stack was ok tbf. Food, drink and a big telly/live music. 

I'm too young to drink in the bars on Grey street that don't play music, I'm too old to hang around the diamond strip, and I'm too stuck up to slum it on the Bigg Market. Ouseburn is canny, but not much a match day vibe going on! 

• 1 month later...

I like the fully enclosed bowl, I'd imagine the crowd noise has the potential to be phenomenal.

having worked with metal all me working life I tend to get a bit sick of the sight of the stuff, so I'm not too keen on the cladding.

I'd have been tempted to go more rustic and gone for the cob effect and covered it in mud and straw, a bit like this...

cob-house-ideas-eco-friendly-house-green-architecture-unique-house-design.jpg

• Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Renton said:

Are these Allianz style all enclosed bowls the new flat pack stadiums of the day? No thanks. 

it's just the old bernabeu with an extra tier, new cladding, a fuck of TV monitor and a retractable roof. the original bowl-style stadium hasn't changed, i don't think. 

8 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's just the old bernabeu with an extra tier, new cladding, a fuck of TV monitor and a retractable roof. the original bowl-style stadium hasn't changed, i don't think. 

The pitch also drops down and packs into itself.  So it can be stored away so that a stage can be put up and NFL etc.  Well cool.

The engineering in it is pretty spectacular.  The aesthetics, yeh, not to my liking. 

• Like 1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-66785518

I think this will be canny enough in the short term (as suspected,  3 years planning permission in the article), especially for families. There aren't actually that many venues suitable for young kids on a match day close to the ground. Use the time to develop some proper plans for the ground. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...