Eddie’s title chasers against some league one outfit from Yorkshire

Dr Gloom

Just now, Howay said:

We should have won this about 8-0 :lol:

Well I hope the droolers on Twitter that bang on about wanting to keep and see players like Lascelles, Ritchie, Lewis, Murphy etc as they’re “loyal servants” who “work hard” have got their wish by seeing them as that was fucking dreadful. 

A couple of injuries and our season goes out the window. Need that cheque book out asap 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

Howe’s tried to be too cute with the changes and it’s disrupted things far too much imo 

Maybe but it’s foremost down tonthe ineptitude of the likes of Murphy and Wood

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Howe’s tried to be too cute with the changes and it’s disrupted things far too much imo 

What was the alternative though? Play largely the same team three times in a week? We are up against a League 1 side who this side should have been putting away easily.

The only benefit from tonight is that it should make it very clear which players need to be part of the summer clear out.

• Like 5

This is third piriority of the games in this week, so I don’t think it was being cute.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

We should have won this about 8-0 :lol:

Well I hope the droolers on Twitter that bang on about wanting to keep and see players like Lascelles, Ritchie, Lewis, Murphy etc as they’re “loyal servants” who “work hard” have got their wish by seeing them as that was fucking dreadful. 

I’ve not seen any comments like that, on the contrary people seemingly  think an entire squad can change in two windows….

It’s absolutely amazing that Wood has over 50 PL goals. He is a truly dreadful player. I can’t even give him any sort of benefit of doubt now, he’s had ages to settle in, plenty of game time and chances and he looks fucking lost every time he plays. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Aye Howe has fucked up on this one

He’s ended up having to bring the big players in anyway. If you start strong and win the tie you can then bring them off 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Howe won't like the way we've lost this. The back 4 choice arguably the mistake as they've been terrible. 

If Wood had scored that chance, we probably would have gone on to win. 

Honestly though, after seeing this second string tonight, we don't need more games exposing us to more of this lot. I didn't want us to lose but I think it's for the best. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve not seen any comments like that, on the contrary people seemingly  think an entire squad can change in two windows….

I see them constantly tbh. Every player is a loyal servant, where would new signings fit type comments, and loads like the above where there’s this hope to see what effect Howe has on players that have clearly never ever been up to the level required. 

Edited by Howay
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chaser said:

Howe won't like the way we've lost this. The back 4 choice arguably the mistake as they've been terrible. 

Midfield as well though. We never controlled the game in the middle of the park. Bruno starts and we win comfort imo 

I'd say that's perfect timing to show the owners that this is what the second string looks like. Eddie has improved many but there are a lot of turds that can't be polished. 

• Like 5

Better to lose than to draw.

Might sound fickle but I don't count this as breaking our unbeaten run because this was not even close to our strongest side.

More revealed about players we already knew were not good enough.

• Like 1

He’s ended up having to bring the big players in anyway. If you start strong and win the tie you can then bring them off 

Add to that the big players have had to play like fucking maniacs at the end there.

Let's hope he has kicked himself up the arse.

• Like 2