nathan jone's flock of rather nervous hampshire sheep v eddie howe's brokendollless swashbuckling semi-finalists.

thebrokendoll

11 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Willock off Isaak on second half please. 

I mostly agree but Willock has saved our bacon down the left a couple of times when Burn was otherwise beaten.

I can sort of see why Howe is persisting with this lineup. We’re dominating games, conceding few chances let alone any goals. He’s probably thinking it’s a confidence thing and if we score one the fooodgates will open.

All our best stuff has come through trippier and Almiron. I’d like to see more of a threat down the left with ASM and Isak on for Wilsom 

• Like 2

Willock's end product has been shocking. Can't say Miggy's has been much better, just taking too much time and running into people. Wilson completely absent again, what the heck has happened to him?

We are still by far the better side in posession. End product becoming a real concern now. 

Think Miggy and Willock stay on for me. Full of running, both an attacking threat and can put balls into the box. Wilson needs to be taken off and Isak replace him. I don't think anyone bar Wilson has had a poor game, just that no one has actually wanted to have a pop at their keeper.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I still don’t understand that Joelinton decision. Surely the ref has to let the goal go and let VAR overturn it? There’s no way the ref is in a position to see what happened there.

Aye it was odd the ref disallowed it from the start, don't think the VAR would have overturned if it was given as a goal.

I still don’t understand that Joelinton decision. Surely the ref has to let the goal go and let VAR overturn it? There’s no way the ref is in a position to see what happened there.

Another one where you would at least want to see the referee having his own look at it. It certainly wasn’t a straight forward decision.

If that had been a defender there's no way a pen would've been given so its shocking its given there. 

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

He basically just blew and waited for VAR to make the final decision for him. 

Not playing too well but still way on top of them. Our defensive intensity is just too much for anyone to deal with at the moment.

With the ball we've been pretty woeful. Creating chances as per usual but some of the finishing and passing of the front three has been nothing less than terrible. I hope Howe intends to give them 10-15 minutes second half to change things before he brings on ASM and Isak. We do score most of our goals in the 15 minutes after halftime so here's hoping we start fast second half.

1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

There’s an angle on the replay where it looks like it hits his hand first. 

whatever. 

if we keep playing like this we beat them over 2 legs

Wilson was such a key part of our attacking play, obviously. Making strong runs pulling defenders and creating space. He just seems completely off it. It happens, he needs a goal from somewhere but we look miles off from being able to score :lol: 

The scandalous refereeing not helpin either. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Aye, and if you’re not sure then make no decision and let VAR sort it out.