happy howe's masters of the early goal, wembley bound warriors v misery moyesy's relegation haunted , olympic stadium squatters

thebrokendoll

It was a strange game. I actually thought we were going to struggle a bit and we did. It was disjointed and West Ham deserved a point. Gordon looked decent has to start next week as well as Isak. Our passing was laboured at times but hey 40 points is not a bad return. 10 draws we must be going for the record in a season wonder what it is.

Starting Maxi was probably the best thing Eddie could have done to prove to the fans that he isn't the answer. Maxi probably be knows his game is up, there was no ovation or songs for him and he went off to the sound of fans singing for AG instead. He had the perfect opportunity to stake a claim but has blown it. Eddie knows he won't get heat anymore now he's given him an hour.Ā 

Ā 

Gordon, or Isak should balance that left a bit more, at least provide an outlet.Ā 

Ā 

Glad to see Wilson back to near his previous levels. I was a big critic these last few games but he was a lot better tonight, more dynamic and looking hungry.

• Like 1

So that's 4 draws in the last 5 in the league I think? I mean it's still a brilliant position to be in February, but can understand the concern that we're losing our mojo.Ā 

Ā 

I think this was always going to be the natural progression of things after our start this season. Teams were going to adapt and this squad was going to start getting tired. The test for Howe and the players now is how they adapt in turn and how quickly we're able to evolve to the next stage in the project.Ā 

Ā 

In the near term, Gordon and Isak being fit and ready will help a lot.Ā 

Ā 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

So that's 4 draws in the last 5 in the league I think? I mean it's still a brilliant position to be in February, but can understand the concern that we're losing our mojo.Ā 

Ā 

I think this was always going to be the natural progression of things after our start this season. Teams were going to adapt and this squad was going to start getting tired. The test for Howe and the players now is how they adapt in turn and how quickly we're able to evolve to the next stage in the project.Ā 

Ā 

In the near term, Gordon and Isak being fit and ready will help a lot.Ā 

Ā 

The through ball Gordon played was a sign of things to come, while Wilson isnā€™t slow I think if that was Isak Aguerd was never getting back to make the tackle.Ā 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Holden McGroin said:

I agree. It is embarrassing but there are players out there that donā€™t suit a pressing system. He is almost a throwback where his ability has probably carried teams throughout his life. Can you imagine Ginola, Robert or Ben Arfa joining in a team press?Ā 
Ā 

anyway. Iā€™m Ā equally pissed off with him. I was shouting at the screen as well. I just think he wonā€™t be able to adjust to this passing first and attack his full back when the time is right.Ā 

Aye,Ā heā€™s an instinctive sort of player and itā€™s like heā€™s thinking too much. I also think heā€™s a bit crestfallen at not being an automatic starter / not being trusted by Howe. Even then youā€™d hope heā€™d bust a gut trying to prove Howe wrong, but that was a very lacklustre and dishonest display today.Ā 

Thought we missed Bruno but on the plus side some of Gordon's work and touches were excellent. My problem was, and it still remains, I'd that I could still get him to sell tac for me. You can't undo programming in instant but in Howe I trust.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Can't be arsed trawling but Paqueta looked offside for the goal, nee VAR or owt. I felt alone in noticing this.

Ā 

Stick the Premier League in the corrupt column above Northumbria Police.

Trippier was on the goal line more or less he was well onside

Maxi is Maxi, heā€™s not an Eddie Howe player as long as Iā€™ve got a hole in my arse and you can dissect his performance today to the nth degree if it makes you feel better but this is our league record since the restart and the cunt has barley played before tonight :cuppa:

D3056A82-FF6E-4B30-A130-1551BF13460B.jpeg

• Like 3

First start since coming back from injury, no bruno (only creative spark in the team other than ASM) ASM looked rusty which is natural. But of of course clueless Muppets like @AlexĀ want to blame him for the draw, as if we havent been drawing lots of games already.... *eyerolls*

Ā 

maybe 45mil shouldnt have been spend on headless chook eh?Ā 

8 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Maxi is Maxi, heā€™s not an Eddie Howe player as long as Iā€™ve got a hole in my arse and you can dissect his performance today to the nth degree if it makes you feel better but this is our league record since the restart and the cunt has barley played before tonight :cuppa:

D3056A82-FF6E-4B30-A130-1551BF13460B.jpeg

ASM is absolutely world class at what he does. He can carry a ball like no one else, given space. He scores the odd one on the edge of the box.

Ā 

But he doesnā€™t suit Eddie Howeā€™s side or any team at the top of the table. Heā€™s an exciting maverick who does his own thing on the counter attack when he has space.

He has benefitted from years of us not being taken seriously by other sides. Now that teams are looking at how to stop us scoring rather than trying to beat us he isnā€™t getting the same opportunities.

Ā 

Everyone in the squad has had the same training under Eddie Howe. They all know the system. They all know their role. They all know what is expected of them. He simply doesnā€™t fit in.

Ā 

I donā€™t think that ASM is deliberately ignoring the manager. I think he just isnā€™t capable of playing the role that is asked of him.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, ewerk said:

ASM is absolutely world class at what he does. He can carry a ball like no one else, given space. He scores the odd one on the edge of the box.

Ā 

But he doesnā€™t suit Eddie Howeā€™s side or any team at the top of the table. Heā€™s an exciting maverick who does his own thing on the counter attack when he has space.

He has benefitted from years of us not being taken seriously by other sides. Now that teams are looking at how to stop us scoring rather than trying to beat us he isnā€™t getting the same opportunities.

Ā 

Everyone in the squad has had the same training under Eddie Howe. They all know the system. They all know their role. They all know what is expected of them. He simply doesnā€™t fit in.

Ā 

I donā€™t think that ASM is deliberately ignoring the manager. I think he just isnā€™t capable of playing the role that is asked of him.

Ā 

So just a poor man's Hatem you mean to say.

27 minutes ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

First start since coming back from injury, no bruno (only creative spark in the team other than ASM) ASM looked rusty which is natural. But of of course clueless Muppets like @AlexĀ want to blame him for the draw, as if we havent been drawing lots of games already.... *eyerolls*

Ā 

maybe 45mil shouldnt have been spend on headless chook eh?Ā 

The thing about you is that youā€™re just too subtleĀ 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howay said:

The through ball Gordon played was a sign of things to come, while Wilson isnā€™t slow I think if that was Isak Aguerd was never getting back to make the tackle.Ā 

Wilson should be burying thatĀ 

Ā 

5B7F6B8D-069E-4B4F-90F9-C0691123AC7B.jpeg.d1ff90ab222f03dee3c1b789a635f46a.jpeg

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

This is my take. He was poor today but honestly the criticism on here is too extreme. The whole team was poor for long periods today with a few notable exceptions, ASM was not to blame for everything.

Ā 

But ASM is very much a square peg in a round hole now. As we have transformed from a counter attacking side to ne which dominates possession, this was always going to happen. I don't see any place for him now other than an impact sub if we are under the cosh and need to score against a more dominant side. He's a luxury not so much that we can't afford, but one which has no function. He will definitely be gone next transfer window and I doubt he will start another game for us.Ā 

• Like 7

We lost the ball so many times in midfield today and badly missed BrunoĀ 

Ā 

The through ball from Gordon to Wilson was perfect but he looked slow and off the pace and has for the last month or so but hopfully the goal will be the start of a run

Ā 

ASM is an impact player at best to come on for last 20/30 mins but may well be a hit somewhere else in a different team playing another way, but the gobshite guy who sits two rows behind me thinks ASM world class

Ā 

Edited by Rosco

The lengths many in our fan base go to defend him is whatā€™s extreme tbh.Ā 
Ā 

Heā€™s not a luxury like, heā€™s not good enough to be a luxury. He would be a luxury if he was a consistent threat but then showed his disinterest defensively, but what we get from him is largely disinterest on both sides of play except the odd occasion where he decides he wants to play a bit. Heā€™s a talented dribbler of the ball but he doesnā€™t lift his head or have a good enough footballing brain to pick out a key pass, or capitalize on the advantage his dribbling ability creates. Weā€™ve seen enough of him now to know the glaring weaknesses to his game that he has, and theyā€™re ones heā€™s never improved which is why he wonā€™t fit in at a side like we are now. Heā€™s a player you look at and think if only he could do xyz heā€™d be brilliant, but he simply wonā€™t ever do those things. I donā€™t see any of my criticism of him as extreme, itā€™s fact imo.Ā 
Ā 

I donā€™t think he was the only issue today of course, but I do think heā€™s a wasted selection - Murphy would have done more than him to help us win today iyam. The issue I take with him is his disinterest and laziness, I can accept Murphy being below the level we need as he works extremely hard and gives us a chance in games due to that commitment and work rate - if ASM showed even half that effort I wouldnā€™t be this angry with him. Sorry like but heā€™s a player that come on in a semi final we were leading and he proceeded to walk around looking uninterested, given a chance to start today after we signed a Ā£45m player in his role was a similar response.Ā 
Ā 

Iā€™ve made my stance on him clear often on here but heā€™s taken the fucking piss the last two outings for me.Ā 

• Like 4

Theirs some serious nonsense being spouted in this thread so I re-watched the entire match focusing on ASM specifically.

ASM today,Ā  combined with his team mates well, created several opportunities. Ā 

he pressed, tracked back, had the most successful tackles made ffs,Ā effectively disproving any claims of laziness or disinterest

and through all this west ham were doubling up him (he still beat em most of the time), why weren't they doubling up on anyone else? hmmmm

Ā 

anyone who had a problem with ASM this game is genuinely talking shite.
Ā 

jMWgK1E.png

Ā 

Where is the criticism for joelinton, schar? Fucken willock, almiron, POPE.

Ā 

How did Almiron stay on the field instead of ASM?

Ā 

The headless chook (AG) was shite too.

Ā 

this was a decent first start since coming back from injury and just as he was getting into his swagger properly he got subbed, Eddie was mad for that. But not unexpected, he didn't know what to do with flair players at Bournemouth either.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Anyway, just say you're not a fan of ASM and stick to that, stop LYING about his performances though

Ā