Longhaired Tommy Spankbank's Big Betting Brentford vs Eddie Howe's UNDENIABLE Hammer-Smashing Mags

Gemmill

Just now, Renton said:

Stochastic boot strapping. Garbage in, garbage out. 

XP is the stat on which Benham made his millions and runs the club that nearly beat us today. 

BUT OK MR HOSPITAL PORTER. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

Villa? We're 9 points ahead of them (effectively 10 with GD) with a game in hand. We stuffed them at SJP. Got a whole week to rest before playing them. 

Brighton are a bigger concern, but really it's in our own hands and I completely have faith in Howe. We don't need to look behind our shoulders.

Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I’m not worried about any of them catching us, particularly not Spurs 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

From what I can make out on the Sky Sports App feed the officials have been atrocious against BHA. Stonewall penalty denied under VAR, nobody knows why. 

Its basically just cheating from the highest level mate, spurs given every bit of help from VAR today to ensure they get the win whilst as in so many games this year we have had piss poor VAR calls, I never really went along with the thoughts of some of our fans that we were deliberatly being  cheated out with VAR but the way its gone today in both games, it looks more and more like an attempt to keep us out of a champions league place next season.

Well fuck them we are going to finish top 4 and we deserve it. 

• Like 2

The Wilson one was ridiculous too. Not clear and obvious, as evidenced by how long it took the silly cunt that was trying to find a way to rule it out on the telly. 

Howard Webb might be even worse at this than he was at refereeing. I would honestly give it to an intelligent ex player to run with powers to sack anyone that fucks up. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

In Bowness. It's swimming with gash

Fucking hell. Toontastic on tour :lol: 

Last time I closed in on @Wykikitoon he jumped off a bridge :lol:  (or maybe that was Gloom).

Edited by Christmas Tree
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Christmas Tree said:

Fucking hell. Toontastic on your :lol: 

Last time I closed in on @Wykikitoon he jumped off a bridge :lol:  (or maybe that was Gloom).

that was me. Stag do at low force iirc

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Villa? We're 9 points ahead of them (effectively 10 with GD) with a game in hand. We stuffed them at SJP. Got a whole week to rest before playing them. 

Brighton are a bigger concern, but really it's in our own hands and I completely have faith in Howe. We don't need to look behind our shoulders.

Villa are being mentioned recently as they’ve been on a bit of a new manager bounce type run, but when you look at who they’ve played it’s not a single decent side. They’ve basically beaten the relegation fighters, while good for them they’ve put this run together they’re still fucking turnips. 

Thought we were pretty poor today, but great job by the players sticking with it and pulling it off. Not a fucking clue what game that ref was watching mind, calling that a hand ball by Wilson was ridiculous really but thankfully it didn’t cost us today. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Tory boy weighing in. He's right like. Or something like this.

Get the Countdown clock on the cunt in the VAR hut.

I said similar in the match thread. I wonder which poster he is on here 

• Haha 4

Next game at Villa looks tough and it might be.....but Villa's last 7 games show 6 wins 1 draw  which looks impressive

Drew with West Ham A / won Everton A Palace H Chelsea A Bournmouth H Leicester A  Forest H.........so not quite so good when you see who they've played

Prior to these 7 games well beat off Man City Arsenal & Leicester

As long as Eddie and his team work the magic during the week and iron a few things out I'm sure we'll beat them setting up a nice 6 pointer home to Spurs

Edited by Rosco
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Renton said:

Emery has them producing some incredibly effective football. Don't discount them at all. Pretty sure it's only Arsenal and Man City that have more points since his appointment. 

They are a very different prospect now.

23 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Emery has them producing some incredibly effective football. Don't discount them at all. Pretty sure it's only Arsenal and Man City that have more points since his appointment. 

They are a very different prospect now.

I don't deny it. But they're not going to close a 10 point gap in 8 matches (for them, 9 for us) man, meaning Spurs are a greater threat (going back to Gloom's post). Howay and Rosco are right as well. Other than Spurs, they've beaten nobody of note since the WC. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't deny it. But they're not going to close a 10 point gap in 8 matches (for them, 9 for us) man, meaning Spurs are a greater threat (going back to Gloom's post). Howay is right as well. Other than Spurs, they've beaten nobody of note since the WC. 

There's no easy games in the premier league (unless you're Man City) and confidence is such a huge factor so Villa at home will be full of belief. They've won with both dominant possession and counter attack so they're not one trick ponies. Despite our results in our last couple we've been patchy so a full week turn around will be welcome. I still favour us to have what we need, but our defense is looking shaky against speed and space so it is shaping to be anything but easy. One Six to

us with Isak and Botman netting hat tricks.

7 hours ago, Diego21 said:

The match.

Superb Pope. Superb. He kept us in the game in the first half.

I didn't like the first part at all. Toney always hurts us a lot. The team played badly. He was asleep. We never had dominance.

The second part is another story. Turning around a game like this, difficult, like a big team that knows how to play in these games.

The negative: I love Botman, but I think that when he trusts himself and thinks he is better than he is, he makes very serious mistakes. Today he got one. And this year he has had a few more. They are few, but they are serious. He needs to have his feet on the ground. Maybe some competition wouldn't hurt.

The positive: Howe said that Wilson and Isak could play together... And boy. They can. Today they have shown it. In addition, the two are in a very good moment.

Without Almiron and Maxi, I think I would have them start the next game, with Willock behind them.

Isak is in better shape every day. I think he can mark an era in this club.

Botman is young, he will learn. He's been immense on the whole, think how badly some established defenders have struggled after moving to this league.

I'm more worried about Pope. His shot saving continues to be superb no doubt. But its heart in the mouth time almost every single time he gets the ball at his feet. 

Isak is something else like. Far from the finished article, he lost the ball in good moments today for instance, but he just has so much to his game. A very complete player who has the ability to do something special out of nothing as well. Stunning finish again today. The strange part for me was that as Wilson rolled the ball to him, I thought he's going to score, he's got the ability to score those week in week out. Henryesque in the way he moves and takes the ball on. 

• Like 3