Howe’s Hawker Hurricane Goal Machines vs. Selles’ Sputtering Spitfire Spunkbubbles.

Monkeys Fist

Just now, acrossthepond said:

Wretched, need a big change second half. Gordon has been useless just like he has every match he's played. 

Howe can't legislate for his defenders suddenly turning into traffic cones but I'd be giving the two of them the bollocking of their lives after that non-performance for the goal. 

We are getting caught 3 v 3 at the back every time they break. Midfield are getting caught which leaves the defence short. Its a sloppy performance.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

If that were an ASM performance he’d rightly be getting shite for his lack of end product.

We need to be running at that defender on a yellow. There’s definitely the chance of a red card there.

Exactly. Gordon started quite well and should have put us out of sight, now he is blindly running into players.

We should get Miggy to get more from Trippier and our right side.

On 28/04/2023 at 15:26, Holden McGroin said:

Its  ALL ON Wykiki if we lose this one. 

You don't mess with pre-match rituals.

Just reminding everyone who's fault it actually is though.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Haha 7

Not sure if I've been watching the same game. I don't think Gordon's been bad at all. We've been trying to score the perfect goal. We need to smash more at the goal rather than dance around it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

:lol:

Aye. We're all watching different streams, two minutes apart. You tell us what the actual fuck it was.

One of their players goes down at the edge of the piitch then rolls back onto it :lol: 

• Haha 1

Someone needs to sit in front of back four or we’ll get punished again.

just before halftime we had ball at back and whole midfield sprinted forward leaving massive space behind, that’s just asking for trouble.

• Like 2

Just now, Chaser said:

Not sure if I've been watching the same game. I don't think Gordon's been bad at all. We've been trying to score the perfect goal. We need to smash more at the goal rather than dance around it. 

He's not been bad at all.  He's been getting into positions, hit the post and done well.  Think people just need to chill out.

Murphy has done alright, Isak has been quiet.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Second striker on will be nice here but these are spirited and giving us a similar game as they did in the semi final. What we have in our locker is the ability to score 3 in about 15 minutes. If they tire, that could easily happen again 

It's just that pass from the middle thay breaks their press we need to make more. We've broken it a couple of time and looked dangerous. Out wide we're a bit too predictable and their defense are setting and winning every cross. Wilson into the middle to open up for Isak to move a little wider and either Murphy or Gordon to make way. It's been tough for our midfield adjusting positionally to the late change but we still should be ahead on the balance of play with all of the aformentioned problems.

• Like 2

Not the first time Bruno has dallyed and when Tripps is the man in the middle he wasn't going to be the first man to the ball. Trying to walk the ball in at times and Gordon needs told to calm the fuck down when he gets a chance, the first one should've been across the keeper as I think Willock was on for a possible keeper spillage, the second chance has to go in. They've flooded midfield and are grafting their arses off, you just hope they tire but we need a goal back sooner rather than later.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think that he did start really well but his performance dropped significantly after he hit the post. He isn’t getting past players any more but does try every time rather selfishly.

• Like 1

I think we'll probably be fine. We're not as off it as we were against Brentford or maybe even West Ham and they both ended up with no points.

Make some changes, watch these lads start blowing out their arses, then score some goals. That's the plan for the second half.

• Like 2