Eddie's Glorious Champions League-bound Mags vs De Zerbi's Stuttering South Coast Soft Shites

Gemmill

Just now, Ginolaandtonic said:

Do 3rd and 4th place still have to play qualifying matches for the champions league? I remember us fucking it up nearly 20 years ago

Nope. Straight in to the group stage.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginolaandtonic said:

Do 3rd and 4th place still have to play qualifying matches for the champions league? I remember us fucking it up nearly 20 years ago

Straight into the group stages either way I believe 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

Straight into the group stage.

Result has been good for goal difference as well. Even two draws could be fine. It would be an epic failure to mess things up against Leicester.

Gemmill should do his job.

Almiron MOTM. Just when you think hes gone off the boil again, he pulls his puddings out and grabs nearly every second ball available. Outstanding from him. 

• Like 2

Absolutely no sign of choking. We were on that from the first minute. Even when they scored we were controlling the game. Totally outplayed them at their game. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's the easy one done - now on to the actual banana skin, Leicester at home :lol:

In all seriousness, we've fucking got this now.

One more massive effort on Monday :nufc:  Feel a lot better now that Joe and Bruno seem to have regained some of their mojo. Willock will be a loss but its one more game now. One more big night :nufc: 

2 minutes ago, ackas said:

Absolutely no sign of choking. We were on that from the first minute. Even when they scored we were controlling the game. Totally outplayed them at their game. 

We knew what they were going to do, they knew what we were going to do. We were quite clearly just better.

• Like 1

Hopefully Willock's injury isn't too serious. He'll be out for the rest of the season. But hopefully he's back in time for the pre-season to get himself going again for the new season. He's been quality all season and even better than that in the last few months.

It'd be great if Longstaff is back for the next match. Otherwise the midfield might be a bit slapped together. I guess the fact that young Anderson came on for Willock shows that we'll start with him in midfield. There's an argument to go 4-2-3-1 though and put Anderson out left and Isak in behind Wilson. That gives us the workrate of Anderson on the left and the quality of Isak through the middle where he's most dangerous. I think that balance works better than ASM, Isak and Wilson all starting together which might unbalance the side in defence.

Our right side was tremendous, like. Trippier didn’t give Mitoma a kick and Almiron was like the Almiron of earlier in the season. There’s no way that we don’t start in a similar fashion against Leicester IMO. If they’re even the slightest bit fragile and we’re the slightest bit clinical, it could get messy for them

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ackas said:

Must admit, having watched all those videos about how Brighton can beat any press, it was great to watch them absolutely fucking flailing in the first half.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

That's the easy one done - now on to the actual banana skin, Leicester at home :lol:

In all seriousness, we've fucking got this now.

At least give us a few days before the worry starts again!

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I just want to take a moment to congratulate all those that voted for me to start this match thread.

You held your nerve, and you've all been rewarded.

For those of you that didn't vote for me, NEVER doubt me again you little CUNTS.

We’d have won 5-1 if @Monkeys Fist had of started it. :cuppa:

• Haha 6

Our press was fucking fantastic. It wasn't that Brighton were poor. We just outsmarted them and outworked them. That's massive credit to Howe and the coaches. And the players did the business to a tee. Probably was a contributing factor to Howe holding the subs back too because he needed the players he trusted to execute the gameplan on the pitch for as long as possible. Well played.

• Like 3