Eddie's Glorious Champions League-bound Mags vs De Zerbi's Stuttering South Coast Soft Shites

Gemmill

4 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

One more massive effort on Monday :nufc:  Feel a lot better now that Joe and Bruno seem to have regained some of their mojo. Willock will be a loss but its one more game now. One more big night :nufc: 

Might not even need one more effort. Could all be done and dusted by Saturday tea time if Villa turn up.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Scouser has piped up.  Apparently we have only played well for 45 minutes :lol: 

Because unlike LFC, that’s all we need. :lol:

( you can have that one for free) 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, OTF said:

At least give us a few days before the worry starts again!

I was never worrying mate, you consistently seem to have me down as someone who was. I said every single time that we were going to be fine, even as we were failing to beat Leeds and losing to Arsenal ;)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Might not even need one more effort. Could all be done and dusted by Saturday tea time if Villa turn up.

You have to imagine Liverpool will be deflated and beige bastards have something to play for.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Renton said:

You have to imagine Liverpool will be deflated

If they whack a pantomime horse’s head on whoever their assistant gaffer is they’ll not even notice that Klopp’s not on the bench. 

• Haha 4

Just now, acrossthepond said:

Aston Villa, fucking great team. Never said a bad word about them, me. 

And they're so interesting and unique, too. Like a snowflake. The fuckin' melts. I mean, let's go Villa!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I obviously know fuck all

Philosophical paradox there. You know you know fuck all 👍🏻

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Rayvin said:

I was never worrying mate, you consistently seem to have me down as someone who was. I said every single time that we were going to be fine, even as we were failing to beat Leeds and losing to Arsenal ;)

👍

I know your banana skin comment was tongue in cheek, so was mine about you worrying. The last post I mentioned you was supposed to be referencing all the flying you've been doing lately, nothing to do with the tone of the post :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OTF said:

👍

I know your banana skin comment was tongue in cheek, so was mine about you worrying. The last post I mentioned you was supposed to be referencing all the flying you've been doing lately, nothing to do with the tone of the post :)

Fair mate, just wanted to be clear that I'm full of belief for this side :D

• Like 1

I could feel an ulcer forming straight after they scored their goal. I'll be writing a letter to Howe complaining about how long the cunts took to score again 😂 Fucking Steele though, he's the reason that my nerves had nerves for so long. He's a very decent keeper when you take into account his distribution with his feet. As much as I love Pope I think we'll, if not this summer because we have more important areas to concentrate on, then maybe next winter or summer '24 we'll likely go for another keeper with elite distribution. Generally though I can't give enough credit to the lads for holding their nerve and putting on a performance like that. I was worried when I saw how much we were sitting off their midfield at the start of the second half, perhaps due to the yellow cards that Bruno and Joe had, but we weathered their storm thank God. 

There wasn't really a Brighton storm though was there? I think it was more nerves and apprehension on our part than anything else. They never really put us under real pressure or created a clear cut chance other than their goal. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

I could feel an ulcer forming straight after they scored their goal. I'll be writing a letter to Howe complaining about how long the cunts took to score again 😂 Fucking Steele though, he's the reason that my nerves had nerves for so long. He's a very decent keeper when you take into account his distribution with his feet. As much as I love Pope I think we'll, if not this summer because we have more important areas to concentrate on, then maybe next winter or summer '24 we'll likely go for another keeper with elite distribution. Generally though I can't give enough credit to the lads for holding their nerve and putting on a performance like that. I was worried when I saw how much we were sitting off their midfield at the start of the second half, perhaps due to the yellow cards that Bruno and Joe had, but we weathered their storm thank God. 

I was well impressed by Steele doing the splits for Wilson's goal. Oof ya bugger. :lol:

Edited by Renton

1 minute ago, aimaad22 said:

There wasn't really a Brighton storm though was there? I think it was more nerves and apprehension on our part than anything else. They never really put us under real pressure or created a clear cut chance other than their goal. 

Aye, there were some nerves from the fans but it never seemed to translate down to the pitch as it would in previous years. These lads are made of stern minerals 

• Like 1