Other Games 23/24

Ayatollah Hermione

It is kind of sad that a side like Real Madrid have spent two legs pretty much sitting back and hoping for the odd counter attack but it’s worked for them. Not quite us vs Man City under Rafa but not far away.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It is kind of sad that a side like Real Madrid have spent two legs pretty much sitting back and hoping for the odd counter attack but it’s worked for them. Not quite us vs Man City under Rafa but not far away.

It's got a bit to do with the way City play though. They pass the ball sideways to death. Quite boring to watch at times and probably the best way to play against it is sit back and hit them on the counter. 

It was incredibly boring from City. At least tonight they tried to give Haaland a bit more service than they did in the first leg but they still didn’t play to his strengths. When you have the best finisher in world football you at least have to give him a chance.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

It's got a bit to do with the way City play though. They pass the ball sideways to death. Quite boring to watch at times and probably the best way to play against it is sit back and hit them on the counter. 

Totally agree, for all their possession, I thought Man City were boring as fuck tonight. 

I think they really miss Mahrez, he brought something totally different to the table. I mean they'll still probably do the double but Doku and Kovacic are miles off the level of Mahrez and Gundogan. And it's obvious from watching them this season.

• Like 1

I couldnt really care less about the result but that felt like a weirdly abnormal ratio of left footed penalty takers at the end there. 

Strange like. Hope this isn't a new trend. Lefties taking pens always give me the fear for some unexplainable reason.

• Haha 4

The English teams have fucked our chances of a fifth champions league spot. Germany will probably get it now 

On the plus side, you'd think Man United will get the backlash this weekend, and Man City should go on and ruin Klopp's farewell party in the league too. 

So English teams won  2/3 last season . There were also two Italian teams in the CL semi finals. In 2019 two English teams got to the final. 2016 Real played Athletico. There are no discernible patterns and it’s indicative of the square root of fuck all :cuppa: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So English teams won  2/3 last season . There were also two Italian teams in the CL semi finals. In 2019 two English teams got to the final. 2016 Real played Athletico. There are no discernible patterns and it’s indicative of the square root of fuck all :cuppa: 

Aye it's the nature of knockout football ffs. Trying to make a story out of nothing. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

I couldnt really care less about the result but that felt like a weirdly abnormal ratio of left footed penalty takers at the end there. 

Strange like. Hope this isn't a new trend. Lefties taking pens always give me the fear for some unexplainable reason.

Agree, but then lefties taking freekicks:

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

We fucked up PSG at home, and got shafted out of a victory at their place yet they are in the semis and we finished bottom of our group, the daft cunt is making strawiest of straw man arguments.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

On the plus side, you'd think Man United will get the backlash this weekend, and Man City should go on and ruin Klopp's farewell party in the league too. 

Christian Bale Oooo GIF

I wouldn’t mind a crack at the Europa league next season. Probably got a better chance of going deep in that tournament. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Thought the first keg was great. Bellingham last night seemed to spend more time diving than anything else.

samantha hoopes keg GIF by Sports Illustrated Swimsuit

• Haha 5

54 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I wouldn’t mind a crack at the Europa league next season. Probably got a better chance of going deep in that tournament. 

Said this for a while. Best chance of winning a trophy. Realistically, we have no chance in the league or CL, and at the end of the day getting that rophy is the most important thing. Only issue I have is the Thursday kick offs completely fuck up the Saturday league fixtures. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Aye it's the nature of knockout football ffs. Trying to make a story out of nothing. 

Especially when the margins were so tight in the ties Arsenal and Man City lost

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Thought the first keg was great. Bellingham last night seemed to spend more time diving than anything else.

Was Mystic Keg the nickname manc-mag gave to Stevie (in light of his unpredictable predictions)? :lol: 

• Haha 4

Some consolation in how far we've come. I mean if you had told me 20 years ago that one day i would see a strong Real Madrid parking the bus and time wasting at City I simply wouldn't have believed you.

Lots of reasons why last night but at the end of the day we didn't take our chances and there were quite a few. De Bruyne, Foden, Bernado, Haaland all could have won it in normal time.

Hopefully we'll come back stronger next year.

Oh and Bellingham is a ......

Oh again, all that really matters is stopping the inevitable Klopp love in.

• Like 3