We Are United

Christmas Tree

On 21/08/2023 at 08:10, Alex said:

Is that the actual Sima (tbh)? 

I got an absolute Hacky look from her at Huddersfield. :lol: Granted I'd had a few but genuinely have no idea what I'd done so heinously wrong to deserve it other than give her better looking mate a bit more attention. 

• Haha 2

my mrs promised to watch it with me then gave up 20 minutes into the first episode. have to agree if you're not immersed in the club, it's a pretty dry watch. especially with big al's monotone VO

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Wykiki’s Mrs. was dripping like a fucked fridge whenever Wilson appeared, though, so there’s always balance. 

Shes loving it!  She has even said she wants to go to a game :lol: 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

I got an absolute Hacky look from her at Huddersfield. :lol: Granted I'd had a few but genuinely have no idea what I'd done so heinously wrong to deserve it other than give her better looking mate a bit more attention. 

Probably knew you were mates with MF? 

• Haha 5

I just watched the first episode. I can only say that I almost (well, almost) cried when Longstaff appears scoring the double against Soton and talking about childhood dreams.

PS: Huge subliminal advertising that will make you all Atlético fans too.

F4IncYxXYAAnNPk.thumb.jpg.e217a7a799dbeaaff361b1affadf3752.jpg

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

I just watched the first episode. I can only say that I almost (well, almost) cried when Longstaff appears scoring the double against Soton and talking about childhood dreams.

PS: Huge subliminal advertising that will make you all Atlético fans too.

F4IncYxXYAAnNPk.thumb.jpg.e217a7a799dbeaaff361b1affadf3752.jpg

What if we draw Athleti in the champions league next Thursday? 😬

Edited by PaddockLad

6 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

What if we draw Athleti in the champions league next Thursday? 😬

So, with all the pain in my soul, I will be a few days without being able to enter here. Because I will consider myself non grata people.

It would be like choosing mom or dad.

With a little difference. I started to support Newcastle in 2005, when I was 13 years old. I do not know why. I will never know. I was just excited by the images I saw of St. James Park when the games started or when the team scored a goal. I suffered a lot that relegation year, but I still think I didn't have a Geordie soul at all.

I went crazy the year in Championship trying to find streaming links from Spain.

I think that by 2009 or 2010 I was already completely fascinated by the club, but not in love.

It's been a long time since I've felt chills every time the team plays or I look at the calendar in case we play a game the day my friends propose another plan. And in 2019, when I was finally able to go to the stadium and I burst into tears when the players took to the field, I knew that I was truly in love and that you can love two clubs at the same time.

The big difference is that with Atlético I feel the same thing but somewhat more acute and since I can remember, at 4-5 years old. That every day I enter the stadium, I cry. That every time I see an emotional video, I cry. For me, Newcastle is football. Atlético is much more. It's all my family. It is the memories of my grandfather, who passed away when I was 6 years old and was one of the first members in the club's history. It's sitting down to watch the game with my father and feeling an incredible bond.

I only hope that Atlético and Newcastle never, ever cross paths. Because my love for Atleti is unmatched, but Newcastle for me is not just sympathy. Is much more.

PS: Sometimes I also watch Newcastle games with my father. He unconsciously already celebrates our goals, claims fouls in our favor and gets angry with the referee when he steals from us. He doesn't know it, but he's also from Newcastle.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

So, with all the pain in my soul, I will be a few days without being able to enter here. Because I will consider myself non grata people.

It would be like choosing mom or dad.

With a little difference. I started to support Newcastle in 2005, when I was 13 years old. I do not know why. I will never know. I was just excited by the images I saw of St. James Park when the games started or when the team scored a goal. I suffered a lot that relegation year, but I still think I didn't have a Geordie soul at all.

I went crazy the year in Championship trying to find streaming links from Spain.

I think that by 2009 or 2010 I was already completely fascinated by the club, but not in love.

It's been a long time since I've felt chills every time the team plays or I look at the calendar in case we play a game the day my friends propose another plan. And in 2019, when I was finally able to go to the stadium and I burst into tears when the players took to the field, I knew that I was truly in love and that you can love two clubs at the same time.

The big difference is that with Atlético I feel the same thing but somewhat more acute and since I can remember, at 4-5 years old. That every day I enter the stadium, I cry. That every time I see an emotional video, I cry. For me, Newcastle is football. Atlético is much more. It's all my family. It is the memories of my grandfather, who passed away when I was 6 years old and was one of the first members in the club's history. It's sitting down to watch the game with my father and feeling an incredible bond.

I only hope that Atlético and Newcastle never, ever cross paths. Because my love for Atleti is unmatched, but Newcastle for me is not just sympathy. Is much more.

PS: Sometimes I also watch Newcastle games with my father. He unconsciously already celebrates our goals, claims fouls in our favor and gets angry with the referee when he steals from us. He doesn't know it, but he's also from Newcastle.

Post of the decade :D 

image.gif.a8617ffa55ee44f0be76422c20a13bba.gifimage.gif.a8617ffa55ee44f0be76422c20a13bba.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

If we get a Spanish club I hope it is Athletico Madrid. I’ve been to Barca twice and it was shit both times, Real are fuckin hateful, Sevilla would be ok but I’ve never been to Madrid and I think the Eddie & Simeone love in would be great :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

Thisis all well and good Diego, but Atheltico were formed by MLF's marra. Are YOU a fan of massive lads? 

Nooooooooooooo

Atletico Madrid was born from Athletic Club Bilbao as a sucursal in Madrid. 

We played with the Blue and White Blackburn Rovers Uniforms and in 1909 we changed and wore red and white Southampton uniforms.

Blackburn and Southampton. Like Shearer. xD

The official studies of the teams say that Atlético wears red and white because they once bought Southampton kits.

But a group of Spanish (Basque) historians in Sunderland did some research and they say it's because of the Sunderland and not the Soton. But this is not confirmed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Diego21 said:

Nooooooooooooo

Atletico Madrid was born from Athletic Club Bilbao as a sucursal in Madrid. 

We played with the Blue and White Blackburn Rovers Uniforms and in 1909 we changed and wore red and white Southampton uniforms.

Blackburn and Southampton. Like Shearer. xD

The official studies of the teams say that Atlético wears red and white because they once bought Southampton kits.

But a group of Spanish (Basque) historians in Sunderland did some research and they say it's because of the Sunderland and not the Soton. But this is not confirmed.

It's not your first language, so I'll be kind, but your final sentence should read "But this is fucking bullshit".

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Sounds strange doesn't it but I kinda get that! SJP, Bobby, Shearer and the way we played with that team around 2001/02 was what got me. Didn't even realize it until I found myself looking for dodgy streams over a dailup modem every week and feeling utterly crestfallen when the opposition scored. Not sure what would attract someone to that team over let's say the likes of Arsenal and Man Utd of those days, but there you go. 'Geordie soul' as you say is a nice way to put it.  

• Like 2

On 20/08/2023 at 04:31, sammynb said:

Of course it's boring, you fucking morons aren't the target audience. You already spend hours everyday on a NUFC supporters message board, listen to podcasts about the club, live and breath everything NUFC.

It's for the non supporters, for the twats that scream sportswashing, for those in the US who are finding sawker and looking for a team to support, you bastids have already lived it, the producers don't care what you think.

A good point, seen the first episode only but this is clear as day. I thought it could have spent more time on the fans and the relationship with the city, they do touch on it but it seems mainly focused on the new ownership and the direction for the future. 

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Shes loving it!  She has even said she wants to go to a game :lol: 

Mrs. W. “ Wahkikeh, luv… ah we goin’ t’match?”

Wykiki -“ ‘Appen”

Mrs. W. “ Will Callum be theeere?”

Wykiki- “ Appen…”

Mrs. W.…

bander79.gif

• Haha 6