We Are United

Christmas Tree

12 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

nothing touches “An Impossible job”. I’m surprised you haven’t seen it 

Wrong. Next Goal Wins about the American Samoan team is the best football documentary ever made.

18 hours ago, sammynb said:

Wrong. Next Goal Wins about the American Samoan team is the best football documentary ever made.

never seen it but I don’t think any sport doc ever will hold the place in my heart that Graham Taylor doc does 

Edited by Dr Gloom

The brilliant thing about An Impossible Job is almost everyone involved in the England setup at the time comes across as a complete buffoon and yet you're still inclined to side with them over the journalists every time.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Meenzer said:

The brilliant thing about An Impossible Job is almost everyone involved in the England setup at the time comes across as a complete buffoon and yet you're still inclined to side with them over the journalists every time.

“Oh Rob. Well, you worry Rob. Just don’t fucking make the rest of us worry!”

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

“Oh Rob. Well, you worry Rob. Just don’t fucking make the rest of us worry!”

I watched that not liking Taylor at the beginning but it softened after that bit. Shepherd was a right drab cunt.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Always came across as a cunt. 

All that crowd did. A lot of the London based journos thought they were at least as important as the players and the managers. There was an odious cunt called Steve Curry who called Keegan “the man who quit England in the toilet”, usually followed by a mocking chuckle… if he’d said that within my earshot he’d have been wearing the nearest fuckin toilet as a necklace :cuppa:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

All that crowd did. A lot of the London based journos thought they were at least as important as the players and the managers. There was an odious cunt called Steve Curry who called Keegan “the man who quit England in the toilet”, usually followed by a mocking chuckle… if he’d said that within my earshot he’d have been wearing the nearest fuckin toilet as a necklace :cuppa:

Add Brian Woolnough who said on that tedious sky journalist show on the weekend KK called it a day that he'd go down as accomplishing nothing in the game. He'd have had a mouthful of Walker knuckle has he said that in my company. :lol:

• Like 4

Just now, Isegrim said:

I am still very pissed off because of the regional restrictions so I can’t watch it. Does make no sense tbh.

Can you not just get a VPN and watch it anyway? WHERE IS YOUR GERMAN INGENUITY?! This is why we had to Brexit.

• Haha 4

Just now, Gemmill said:

Can you not just get a VPN and watch it anyway? WHERE IS YOUR GERMAN INGENUITY?! This is why we had to Brexit.

No because I would need to subscribe to Amazon Prime UK. My German account isn’t working. I use a VPN and am actually in the heartland of Brexidickheads (Buckinghamshire) at the moment.

• Haha 2

Brilliant 2nd episode. Hard to relive the cup final disappointment but once again just so proud of the fans who did the club proud. Also love Amanda’s bluntness. I think it portrays everything about the club from Stavely to fans as a pretty class act.

And at least we know it’s got a happy ending :) 

• Like 2

On 14/08/2023 at 21:13, Howmanheyman said:

Add Brian Woolnough who said on that tedious sky journalist show on the weekend KK called it a day that he'd go down as accomplishing nothing in the game. He'd have had a mouthful of Walker knuckle has he said that in my company. :lol:

"Biggest heed in footbaaaall" Gazza said of him.

I remember Hold the Back Page. Bunch of bell ends sat round criticising us a lot of the time. Only Henry Winter wasn't a cunt from memory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Amanda also addressed  a couple of players “hello, my Angel” which was a bit cheesy but I love how she interacts with the team. Seems like a lovely human and also the best way of getting everyone behind her. Phnar phnar 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Amanda also addressed  a couple of players “hello, my Angel” which was a bit cheesy but I love how she interacts with the team. Seems like a lovely human and also the best way of getting everyone behind her. Phnar phnar 

Sportswashed 👆

• Haha 4