We Are United

Christmas Tree

On 8/20/2023 at 11:31 AM, sammynb said:

Of course it's boring, you fucking morons aren't the target audience. You already spend hours everyday on a NUFC supporters message board, listen to podcasts about the club, live and breath everything NUFC.

It's for the non supporters, for the twats that scream sportswashing, for those in the US who are finding sawker and looking for a team to support, you bastids have already lived it, the producers don't care what you think.

Most of it seems candid which is good, there are a few horror frankengrabs making the corporates say what they want in 6 words instead of 60 but my biggest surprise is, this is Sima, ffs I always thought she was a grumpy middleaged he!

sima.thumb.png.28706787b83bc6a8d9a2ce32be11eb07.png

Is she famous or simething like that in Newcastle comunity?

I just watched the second episode. I liked it a lot.

How do they explain things like the UEFA FFP, how the remaining 19 clubs tried to turn against us with the sponsor of the shirt...

They say at the meeting that up to 100 companies offered to be our sponsor.

And how do they explain that this is not a spending machine, just like that.

PS: I think that, to shut the mouths of all those who don't know what the history of Newcastle has been, it would have been very good to explain what the club has been in history. Until the arrival of Ashley Top 4 in the history of the Premier League (And top 15 as one of the richest teams in the world for what it generated) and Top 5 in English football since the League was invented in the 19th century by results.

Newcastle is not nouveau riche. It was a powerful one that Ashley had asleep.

PS2: There is one thing I have not understood. They say in one of the meetings that PRemier League prohibited team sponsors from companies that are related to club properties and that 19 Premier League teams signed it, but the reality is that Sela is owned by PIF as well.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Diego21 said:

PS2: There is one thing I have not understood. They say in one of the meetings that PRemier League prohibited team sponsors from companies that are related to club properties and that 19 Premier League teams signed it, but the reality is that Sela is owned by PIF as well.

I think they went on to say that this policy was rescinded but replaced with a 'fair market value' one. The same ownership one was a temporary emergency measure to fuck up our January window from memory.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

Is she famous or simething like that in Newcastle comunity?

There’s a poster who used to come on here called Sima. They still post in Newcastle Online and I think they were banned on ReadyToGo? We’re wondering if it’s the same person. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Alex said:

There’s a poster who used to come on here called Sima. They still post in Newcastle Online and I think they were banned on ReadyToGo? We’re wondering if it’s the same person. 

Wasn't Sima around in the days of the shark board as well? He/She/They have been around as a right stoppy twat for a long time.

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play if it is, cos NO FUCKER thought it was a lass.

Middle aged farmer from the moors would have been my guess.

39 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck me. We've come out for a walk and lunch. Wife;

'what times kick off?' 

'4:30 why?' 

'oh well you can't have pudding we will miss the build up'

Whats happened to her?!? 

Newcastle United Sport GIF by Newcastle United Football Club

• Haha 10

16 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

when eddie goes through a real bad patch. 

This is inevitable, it happens to all the best managers at some point - what sets the really good ones apart from the rest is how they deal with it. 

I just can’t see our steely little bugger caving when it does happen. 

Whatever the cause of it, he’ll adapt. 

Look at how he spent his time whilst out of work. 

I genuinely think we’ve got a keeper in Howe- I just hope the owners do too, but i think from what we’ve seen so far that could be the case. 

• Like 4

The visit to Adidas headquarters was a reminder of some of the genuinely honking strips they designed for us. It's exciting to be back with them but hopefully they keep it classic and don't shit the bed next season.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The visit to Adidas headquarters was a reminder of some of the genuinely honking strips they designed for us. It's exciting to be back with them but hopefully they keep it classic and don't shit the bed next season.

Its also a reminder of how fucking wank our previous owner was with deals. I'm surprised we didn't have fucking Karimoor as our kit supplier. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

they wouldn’t possibly 

image.thumb.jpeg.a01e61a9906f691aeb9f70534316ff28.jpeg

image.jpeg.40b74e0013c8e66573b9327231502716.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.907f000f28f9197b4c1b96de26149099.jpeg

image.jpeg.94c509fa06da6632f51332558e069a18.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Finally managed to find some time to watch it. I thinm it is actually quite decent. It’s obviously a piece of propaganda for the owners but nevertheless it does catch the atmosphere as well as the challenges lying ahead of us.