Eddie’s One Man Dugout Wonderboys vs. Fag Ash Lil’s Wall Pushing Disappointments.

Monkeys Fist

43 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Surely the FA will come down hard on that cunt van cunt too

I think it will depend on the referees report. He was obviously mouthing it up to the ref & assistant so could get extra games

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

One thing.

He brought on Targett and moved Burn to CB when Botman went off.  Why not just replace Botman with Lascelles?  Does that not say he has fuck all faith in Big Jamal?

It was 1-1 at the time, can only think he wanted Targett on for his ability to get forward to try to win the game. I feel that a fresh Lascelles would have done better against Nunez for their second than Burn. All on Bruno for turning it over though.

Apparently Botman was seen leaving the stadium without the aid of crutches or a protective boot. He was hobbling a bit, but if the aforementioned is true it appears that he escaped serious injury. So that's some small consolation I suppose. 

41 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

I was at this. We’d waited a long time for it then.  30 fucking years ago man.  

I was there too. Andy Cole was unplayable. Think it was cold, must have been a late kick off, floodlights. I watched from the Gallowgate before the new stand was built. Pretty sure the away fans then were in the corner between the East stand and Gallowgate. Remember a scally lad after the match press his face up to the dividing fence and say,, 'Aey, Aey, youse were shit lah'. We'd just panelled the cunts! Something just inbred about their arrogance. 

How many fucking defeats have I witnessed since at SJP and Annfield I wonder. It does hurt tbh. I know we've won a few since but all I remember since 93 is the losses. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

Should have been 9 players. 

Sorry but that is rubbish, if TAA had gone for that blatant second yellow, the game would have changed then and it is unlikely VVD would have fouled Isak.

As others have said the subs caused the loss, Isak also looked lost while he was on the pitch. Howe needs to be braver and play Wilson up top and find a way to get Isak into the team, maybe play him instead of Miggy on the right but just having inverted winger who can run with the ball is making our attack predictable. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I mean you have to laugh really, it’s just absurd and the press won’t call him out for it at all. It was a clear red just accept it and move on. That’s the thing with those cunts though, they’re adamant that nothing they do is wrong to such a point the press accept it. I’ve even seen Liverpool fans posting the rule about if its not intentional then it’s a yellow but they completely ignore that the rule is in regards to penalties. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatGinolaVolley said:

When we do finally beat these I’ll be so happy. Hopefully at anfield later this season, in a shit game, with a soft penalty.

More chance of Miggy scoring with his right foot than that 

• Haha 3

Ah man, that result smarts today. 

Hate to say it but I think we bottled it. We really should have won. Credit to Liverpool for continuing to attack us with 10 men (reluctantly because I hate that Klopp wanker).

The game really should have been out of sight before they equalised and then our arses just fell out. It’s going to take a while I think before some of the players believe we’re better than the established elite teams. 

I’m also reluctant to criticise Howe too much but I was surprised when he took off Tonali and Gordon, two of our most dangerous players. 

I would have taken off Miggy instead of

Gordon but I am going to defend Miggy. He fluffed too many chances but the work the bloke gets through in a game is remarkable. My seat was about five rows above the half way line in the east stand and it really was striking in the first half why Howe rates him so highly because no one else covered as much ground. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4

Aye, it fucking hurts hard that one.  But, it also brings us back down to earth.  We are still some way off the 'top 6' but we are certainly closing the gap.

No matter how we think of our squad v liverpools squad etc.  The biggest thing they have is winning experience.  I.e winning major trophies recently and chipping away at the coal face when your back is up at it.  We should have gone for the jugular yesterday and targeted TAA over and over when he was seriously on the ropes.  Especially when VVD had been sent packing.

Reading why Gordon and Sandro got taken off I understand why if they were totally gassed,   It's a very long season and with so many new experiences for a lot of the players with CL football, we need to see the long game.

Brighton next and I do feel confident still despite this kick in the bollocks.

• Like 4

The shot Miggy blazed over the bar felt like a shocking miss. I haven’t watched it back

but that one felt like the missed chance that should have killed them off. Miggy also drew a brilliant save from Allison in the first half and was so unlucky to hit the post after that brilliant run in the second half. 

Barnes was also guilty of a brain fart when our through on goal. Annoying. We really should have put it to bed by about the 70th minute and then I think we just choked, annoyingly.

On sober reflection it feels great to be disappointed again. We narrowly lost and should have won against a top team. We will learn how to beat Liverpool eventually. I firmly believe the final hurdle to overcome before we turn from a good team to a great team is a psychological one. 

• Like 3

We missed a host of chances to put the game away before they scored. Same generally as last season then? And the same goes for every two bob Sunday league side shat into existence. You get nothing you don’t properly earn at this level and both their goal and their red card were questionable… actually laws of the game it’s a definite red but if you can’t take proper advantage then it’s down to us. Those red pricks didn’t give up for a second and that’s why a manager who’s won a title and a European cup has them playing for him. I hate the fritz bastard but he’s a very good manager who motivated and manipulated them to a brilliant win. Looks to me that their midfield re build is going very well for them at the minute. 

Do we need a right winger who’s a better finisher? Probably . Half of us were calling this a 9/10 window last week (I wasn’t but it’s been very good) so we can’t have it both ways. Our much maligned right winger hit the post and their goalie were magnificent .  Put it down to experience ffs. Don’t judge 22 months of progress on one fuckin calamity. Why wasn’t Isak getting proper service before we’d made a substitution? Because they were playing 3 new midfielders they’d signed this summer who didn’t give Bruno a chance to dominate. They’re fuckin good players too and Gumaries is looking increasingly like a red herring for us. We know how good he can be but regardless of what people wish to accept he’s not fuckin doing it and we don’t have the depth to cover and change it. Yes he’s the lynchpin but we never at any point had dominance in the centre of the park yesterday and until we do that regularly v the “sky 6”

then we won’t regularly get positive results v them. 

We need to stop thinking we’re Brazil 1970 with the entitlement that apparently brings and look at the actual game and why Howe made those subs. I’d agree that he appeared to be going through his predictable motions but Tonali and Gordon hadn’t influenced play for 15/20 mins when they were replaced as far as I could make out. Appears there are only predictable alarm bells about this at full time long after that horse had bolted.

Twitter is a predictable shit show of infantile wankers obviously but there is at least one grown up in the room. This is precisely how I felt at full time…it’s got nothing to do with tactics or subs, it’s just sometimes as we all know deep down you sometimes don’t get what you deserve from football. There’s more football cliches available, I’ve got fuckin 100s of them and they’re all true :D 

https://x.com/georgecaulkin/status/1695857026851545467?s=46&t=Ob2-o4XW2OqBfdaNO_UQnQ

• Like 7

One thing I was thinking this morning. We have Joe Willock to come back. He would have been a bigger threat in midfield yesterday in the second half with his energy and speed. 

But that's it's and buts 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

We missed a host of chances to put the game away before they scored. Same generally as last season then? And the same goes for every two bob Sunday league side shat into existence. You get nothing you don’t properly earn at this level and both their goal and their red card were questionable… actually laws of the game it’s a definite red but if you can’t take proper advantage then it’s down to us. Those red pricks didn’t give up for a second and that’s why a manager who’s won a title and a European cup has them playing for him. I hate the fritz bastard but he’s a very good manager who motivated and manipulated them to a brilliant win. Looks to me that their midfield re build is going very well for them at the minute. 

Do we need a right winger who’s a better finisher? Probably . Half of us were calling this a 9/10 window last week (I wasn’t but it’s been very good) so we can’t have it both ways. Our much maligned right winger hit the post and their goalie were magnificent .  Put it down to experience ffs. Don’t judge 22 months of progress on one fuckin calamity. Why wasn’t Isak getting proper service before we’d made a substitution? Because they were playing 3 new midfielders they’d signed this summer who didn’t give Bruno a chance to dominate. They’re fuckin good players too and Gumaries is looking increasingly like a red herring for us. We know how good he can be but regardless of what people wish to accept he’s not fuckin doing it and we don’t have the depth to cover and change it. Yes he’s the lynchpin but we never at any point had dominance in the centre of the park yesterday and until we do that regularly v the “sky 6”

then we won’t regularly get positive results v them. 

We need to stop thinking we’re Brazil 1970 with the entitlement that apparently brings and look at the actual game and why Howe made those subs. I’d agree that he appeared to be going through his predictable motions but Tonali and Gordon hadn’t influenced play for 15/20 mins when they were replaced as far as I could make out. Appears there are only predictable alarm bells about this at full time long after that horse had bolted.

Twitter is a predictable shit show of infantile wankers obviously but there is at least one grown up in the room. This is precisely how I felt at full time…it’s got nothing to do with tactics or subs, it’s just sometimes as we all know deep down you sometimes don’t get what you deserve from football. There’s more football cliches available, I’ve got fuckin 100s of them and they’re all true :D 

https://x.com/georgecaulkin/status/1695857026851545467?s=46&t=Ob2-o4XW2OqBfdaNO_UQnQ

agree with Caulkin. This felt like old Newcastle. Almost like watching the England team in a similar situation. Taking the foot off the throat in the final 20 minutes of the game, trying to see out a 1-0 win and instead allowing them back in 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Howay said:

I mean you have to laugh really, it’s just absurd and the press won’t call him out for it at all. It was a clear red just accept it and move on. That’s the thing with those cunts though, they’re adamant that nothing they do is wrong to such a point the press accept it. I’ve even seen Liverpool fans posting the rule about if its not intentional then it’s a yellow but they completely ignore that the rule is in regards to penalties. 

It’s the start of this week’s campaign to get the red rescinded. It’ll probably work too :cuppa:

• Like 1