Champions League

Kid Dynamite

55 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Bring it on. No one will expect us to qualify. But no one expected us to finish top 4. We’re a dangerous underdog. I fancy us to finish at least third. 

Other than the footballing side of it, this well do really well for the NUFC brand as well. Getting these teams into a giddy St James', play good attacking football and have a real go. Time for Europe to know what they've been missing out on :naughty: 

• Like 3

These are the biggest games on the biggest stage. I'm delighted we've got these top teams coming to Newcastle. Hopefully we will give a good account of ourselves, regardless of ANY result. 

3 home wins though. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Diego21 said:

At least, here in Spain, all the media have considered that it was clear that Newcastle was the team that was going to determine the draws and that the group that fell would be the most difficult group because it is a Pot 2 team, but in 4.

On top of that, there has been 'bad luck' that he has played something similar with the best team in Pot 3.

At least internationally, I think no one underestimates us and everyone wanted to avoid us.

I remember one of the fanzines reprinted a French newspaper article from before the 1994/95 UEFA Cup draw where the headline was literally "Anyone but Newcastle". Nice to be spoken about in that way again. :yes:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ohhh_yeah said:

Tonali should be the one pictured in a goal celebration. FUCK the rest, they should of been depicted as the miserable bastards that they are.

Is that Rues in the Dortmund shirt? :lol: He looks at least 60! Shame what injuries have done to his career.

We didn't qualify for the Champions League in order to play games against Europa League opposition. Great baptism of fire coming up, plenty to prove and little to lose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Imagine him coming up against the Milan Ultra's :lol: 

Screenshot_20230901_174151_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f7a95821a7d0501155ecebdaf96e0b12.jpg

*muffled sound from within coffin* it's ok, I was just pwayng dead

• Haha 4

Tuesday, Wednesday

Wednesday, Tuesday

Tuesday, Wednesday.

If that 19th date is right, we've got Brentford (H) on the Sunday and then expected to play in Milan on Tuesday night. Will Brentford get shifted or is Sunday/Tuesday considered fine?

Edited by Gemmill