Eddie and Mad Dog's Ponderous and Clumsy Useless Shites v The Ghost of Ivan Toney's, can I get 3/1 for that, Bees

sammynb

3 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I agree with a lot of that. We aren’t pressing like we did last year and the patterns of play just aren’t there. Very disjointed but hopefully it was just nervousness.

Also agree about Gordon. Looked good in flashes but not sure he’ll ever have much end product and will be much like Almiron.

I think people are underestimating Joelintons contribution last year. He was responsible for about 50% of the press and was seemingly tireless. For me there isn’t a more important player, a fit Joelinton is first on the team sheet and works in synergy with Bruno and Longstaff.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Renton said:

I think people are underestimating Joelintons contribution last year. He was responsible for about 50% of the press and was seemingly tireless. For me there isn’t a more important player, a fit Joelinton is first on the team sheet and works in synergy with Bruno and Longstaff.

And Wilock, Joe and Joe's understanding of each other is a thing of footballing beauty.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Dougle said:

Please go to sleep you boring bastard

Im allowed an opinion, sorry the facts dont fit whatever delusion you've got going on in you're head, why don't you run off and go cry to Andrew again, little bitch. 

Edited by LongTimeAdmirer

13 hours ago, Howay said:

This is why I say it was a pen btw. As last season we were told by the whole media that Burn had his arm in an unnatural position as it was high, it blocked a chance etc. now I’m hearing similar voices in the press saying it would have been harsh. Either stick to the rule or fix the rule, increasingly growing bored of the inconsistency and poor standards. 

IMG_4988.jpeg

IMG_4989.jpeg

Burn’s shouldn’t have been a pen either if you ask me. The problem is the lack of consistency and the fact that no body, including the refs, seems to know what the bloody handball rule means anymore. I’d like it if they went back to it being about intent. For me, it’s hand ball if someone deliberately uses the arm to gain an advantage. But they prefer to change the rule every season and the refs seem as baffled as the rest of us.

The ref had an absolute howler yesterday. I agree with aimaad, I think it was, who said that our pen was very soft. Definitely one that Gordon “won”.  I’d have been seething if that had gone against us too. Clumsy of their keeper to come rushing out like that but I don’t think he tries to take him out Gordon is going nowhere and knows exactly what he’s doing to draw the foul.

Wilson’s goal 100% should have stood. That one was just bizarre. And one of their defenders, can’t remember who, should have been given a second yellow card. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sammynb said:

And Wilock, Joe and Joe's understanding of each other is a thing of footballing beauty.

Agreed. Our best performances the past year or so have come with Willock LCM and big Joe out wide on the left. I think we should revert to that when everyone is fit and firing. 

Longstaff’s contribution yesterday can’t be underestimated but I think he’s the one who probably misses out if Tonali and Bruno can work out how to play together.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Lack of consistency has been a thing for decades. The only consistent thing is the Top 6 getting the decisions 

aye, we’re comparing two decisions (Burn last season and Brentford yesterday), which both went against us. No way are those decisions going against Liverpool or Man U

• Like 1

Anyone see the penalty/VAR review for Villa against Palace? Fucking criminal it stood, defender got the ball and Villa forward tripped over the defender, there was no going through the attacker, brilliant bit of defending. Ref gives a penalty, VAR calls him over to review the decision, ref goes fuck that, have at it Villa, whole game turns on the wrong decision that VAR got correct.

Whole thing is a shambles.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Anyone see the penalty/VAR review for Villa against Palace? Fucking criminal it stood, defender got the ball and Villa forward tripped over the defender, there was no going through the attacker, brilliant bit of defending. Ref gives a penalty, VAR calls him over to review the decision, ref goes fuck that, have at it Villa, whole game turns on the wrong decision that VAR got correct.

Whole thing is a shambles.

Apparently the decision took ages and merson was shouting it was nailed on. 

Longstaff will have given Eddie a real headache for when Tonali and Willock are back. Both technically better footballers yet the work Longy does, breaking up play, his positional sense and how his game complements Bruno, those are big factors in how much better we look when he plays. 

I still think Joe is at his best on the left with Willock in the center. Where does that leave Barnes? And does Gordon stay on the right, I think we saw enough of him there yesterday to say that can work. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Im allowed an opinion, sorry the facts dont fit whatever delusion you've got going on in you're head, why don't you run off and go cry to Andrew again, little bitch. 

Enlighten me oh strange one?

https://x.com/jordancronin_/status/1703176686764749299?s=46&t=ytLiTTx5wmuNZJztyLjiJg

This bloke is a right cunt like :lol:. His team time wasted like fuck every goal kick and throw in, I understood it was part of their set up and wasn’t complaining but don’t then complain when you feel the game isn’t fast enough when you go behind. 

Far too many managers like this now imo, Klopp, Ten Hag, Frank, etc that will blame everything and everyone when things don’t go their way. You come up against a better side, set up for a draw and lost. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Howay said:

https://x.com/jordancronin_/status/1703176686764749299?s=46&t=ytLiTTx5wmuNZJztyLjiJg

This bloke is a right cunt like :lol:. His team time wasted like fuck every goal kick and throw in, I understood it was part of their set up and wasn’t complaining but don’t then complain when you feel the game isn’t fast enough when you go behind. 

Far too many managers like this now imo, Klopp, Ten Hag, Frank, etc that will blame everything and everyone when things don’t go their way. You come up against a better side, set up for a draw and lost. 

It’s mint tbh. 
The more whining fuckers like these the better, as it means we’re getting under their thin skin. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Howay said:

Hope was saying he had a pop at one local journo asking him who he supports when he asked about the penalty. Hope reckons Klopp did the same to him when he asked him about whether TAA should have been sent off against us. Agree these lads are complete arseholes.

• Like 2

Been watching those highlights of Bruno and he really did grow into the game more and more. Like as has been said Longstaff's energy and metronomic passing means Bruno can influence the game way more. Something Joelinton and Tonali's skillsets don't lend themselves to. I think if we could get Longstaff, Bruno and Tonali we could see some really really good football. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Been watching those highlights of Bruno and he really did grow into the game more and more. Like as has been said Longstaff's energy and metronomic passing means Bruno can influence the game way more. Something Joelinton and Tonali's skillsets don't lend themselves to. I think if we could get Longstaff, Bruno and Tonali we could see some really really good football. 

that’s the midfield against Milan 

• Like 2