Eddie and Mad Dog's still shite but slightly better, it was only Brentford FFS, Geordie Boys v Sandro Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Sandro Use To Room On The Second Floor, Meelan

sammynb

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’d imagine off the back of a point at the San Siro, Mad Dog has a table booked at the local pizzeria and some filthy hookers for later with Eddie. 

Granted, we didn’t make the most of the very few chances we had. 

We got very lucky in the first half with AC’s profligacy in attack. 

But… they ran out of ideas and steam. 

If that game had gone on for 10 more minutes, there was only one side looking likely to win it. 

It was neither a satisfying nor particularly enjoyable but, we didn’t embarrass ourselves and we certainly have positives we can build on for the return leg. 

Not many teams will go there in their opening CL game and get a point. 

Milan have actually lost four of their last five CL openers at the San Siro.

That may not be true but it’s a statistic and you can’t argue with statistics.

• Haha 2

This sort of experience will tremendously help in the evolution of this team and the club. Was never going to be easy, all things considered a fantastic point. The fludiity will come back, fact we're grinding out results is a sign of a great team.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

He has to play on the front foot, trying to get in behind. He's no good dropping deep for the ball all game, it not only leaves us short up front it's very easy to defend against for their centre halves. He's dangerous putting their defenders on the back foot.

Aye but he’s not getting those balls played into him which is clearly frustrating him.

• Like 1

Our fluidity in front of goal will come back sooner or later. What's important is that we look to have a bit of that defensive solidity and commitment back. Build from a strong defensive base and the champagne football will come. 0-0 is a massive result for our first away game in the CL in 20 years. 

• Like 2

I think we looked like bairns staring ate2 Cliff Richard with his cock out. Our form leading up to this reminded me of our form leading up to the League Cup Final. We didn't deliver then either.

I'm not a knee jerker but I do think Howe can't take it past the threshold he wants to. He's too nice and it's a shame cos I like him.

• Confused 1
  • Jaysus... 3

3 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I think we looked like bairns staring ate2 Cliff Richard with his cock out. Our form leading up to this reminded me of our form leading up to the League Cup Final. We didn't deliver then either.

I'm not a knee jerker but I do think Howe can't take it past the threshold he wants to. He's too nice and it's a shame cos I like him.

Nah. If you had of told me when we were staring down the barrel at championship football with a shit squad,  that in less than 2 years we’d be getting a point at the san Siro in the Champions League I would called you a clown. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Aye but he’s not getting those balls played into him which is clearly frustrating him.

He definitely looks frustrated but it looks like we are setting up for him to drop deeper instead of getting the balls into the channels, i think Willock really helps with that style of play aswell as his constant forward running allowed Isak to concentrate on the back line. We need to get someone playing that Willock role, we've got options.

Edited by Anorthernsoul
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

Not a kneejerker but just fickle as fuck…

• Like 2

Aye. Step back. We have just drawn to AC Milan in the fucking Champions League at the fucking San Siro with a side with Jacob Murphy as a fucking starter. 

I mean, go back 2 years and get someone to predict that. I dare you. What's that Steve? 

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cx6p6issjabijaiwn6mhe

It wasn't you Steve. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Renton said:

Aye. Step back. We have just drawn to AC Milan in the fucking Champions League at the fucking San Siro with a side with Jacob Murphy as a fucking starter. 

I mean, go back 2 years and get someone to predict that. I dare you. What's that Steve? 

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cx6p6issjabijaiwn6mhe

It wasn't you Steve. 

Imagine…

7zpq8r.gif

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, MMXXVIII said:

howay man. The bloke has massively overachieved. He deserves at least another 18 months before anyone even thinks about debating whether he’s the right man for the job. You know we’re not supposed to be playing at the San Siro this season, right? We’re still playing Jacob Murphy, Fabian Schar, Sean Longstaff and Miggy Almiron! 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Not a kneejerker but just fickle as fuck…

nah.

nowt a matter without pointing out we've looked poor, particularly going forward in all but one game this season.

I hope howe sorts it out, I'm sure he will. doesn't alter the present reality though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Or he’s not getting protection for the left side of midfield. Gordon will give 100% effort but I’m not sure he’s got the footballing intelligence for the top level.

Harsh on Gordon. He’s been our most dangerous forward so far this season.  

And he’s giving Burn more protection than  ASM gave him when he played there.

there are issues all over the pitch. We need a proper left back. I’d like to see Hall finally get his chance at the weekend. And we miss the Joelinton/Willock combination down our left side which made us so solid defensively and dangerous in attack last season.   

The more games we play, the more I think we should have invested in a proper number 6. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

howay man. The bloke has massively overachieved. He deserves at least another 18 months before these anyone even thinks debating whether he’s the right man for the job. You know we’re not supposed to be playing at the San Siro this season, right? We’re still playing Jacob Murphy, Fabian Schar, Sean Longstaff and Miggy Almiron! 

Just thought we looked shite. I appreciate the journey but here we are and that's what they delivered

Look at Ten Hag. Comes in, spends a small fortune and they still don't look any better than what they were under OGS. No one is calling for his head because they want the board out. 

Eddie came in when we were rock bottom and turned this club from Championship contenders to Champions league in less than 18 months. Thats an absolutely unfuckingreal turnaround. 

He's become the victim of his own success now as a result as it's now the 2nd sticky patch in all of that time. I remember only too well how there was too much criticism of Bobby before we pedalled him and after that the whole gig went to ratshit. Eddie has shown that he knows how to play superb high intensity football. He just needs to work out why we aren't doing it right at this moment. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Harsh on Gordon. He’s been our most dangerous forward so far this season.  

And he’s giving Burn more protection than  ASM gave him when he played there.

there are issues all over the pitch. We need a proper left back. I’d like to see Hall finally get his chance at the weekend. And we miss the Joelinton/Willock combination down our left side which made us so solid defensively and dangerous in attack last season.   

The more games we play, the more I think we should have invested in a proper number 6. 

Gordon isn’t much improvement on the rest of the wingers. He is basically just quick. I don’t like his positional play but Howe can sort that out. I think that’s why he didn’t trust him last season. 

I hope Barnes starts getting a chance as he is the only winger that will rack goal involvements.

Depending on the game I’d more likely start Big Joe and Willock on our left side though. 

• sammynb changed the title to Eddie and Mad Dog's still shite but slightly better, it was only Brentford FFS, Geordie Boys v Sandro Doesn't Live Here Anymore, Sandro Use To Room On The Second Floor, Meelan