Liverpool’s worst looking advert for dental care gone wrong against Eddie’s mental care patients

Isegrim

3 hours ago, Alex said:

The pens aside that Miley booking was absolutely fucking incredible and as bad a decision as you’ll see. How anyone watching that can even give a foul is simply nuts. 

It's the old Fergie trick. Klopp moans and gesticulates about every single fucking decision game after game and in the post match interviews, whipping the crowd up as he goes. Referees end up shit scared to make a wrong decision and start giving the 50/50s Liverpools way. 

The biggest fucking joke is that the PGMOL have released a statement explaining why Joelinton wasn't given a yellow card yesterday. And that wasn't even in the top 5 worst decisions and had zero impact on the outcome of the game. Nowt said about the 2 wrongly awarded penalties 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Why is there a week off ? Its not an international break, I don't think.

carabao cup games 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's the old Fergie trick. Klopp moans and gesticulates about every single fucking decision game after game and in the post match interviews, whipping the crowd up as he goes. Referees end up shit scared to make a wrong decision and start giving the 50/50s Liverpools way. 

The biggest fucking joke is that the PGMOL have released a statement explaining why Joelinton wasn't given a yellow card yesterday. And that wasn't even in the top 5 worst decisions and had zero impact on the outcome of the game. Nowt said about the 2 wrongly awarded penalties 

Aye just to try and appease the dipper cunts.

Anything why Longy's pen wasn't given?  Nah, lets overlook that too.

• Like 1

Think it is inevitable that we will have to sell to help with FFP while the board work on revenue streams. Our signings have generally been very good, despite them all being injured / banned / exhausted

Think we will keep our powder dry in the transfer window, maybe just 1 loan. I think barring a remarkable run, CL place is out of reach for the year. Europa/Conference League qualification would be seen as a success and a step in the right direction, currently only 2 points off 7th after all.

Decent break this month to get the players back fighting fit and 2nd half of the season should be a lot more promising, Barnes, Willock, Murphy etc will make a good difference and can see another warm weather trip to Saudi in Jan

6 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Anything why Longy's pen wasn't given?  Nah, lets overlook that too.

Surprisingly they did mention it in the post match analcyst and Carragher spewed some bollocks about Longstaff not fully having control of the ball so that's probably why they let it go. Ignores the fact that if he wasn't taken out he may have been able to get foot to it for a pop at goal. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Why is there a week off ? Its not an international break, I don't think.

It's a staged winter break thing - there are only 5 matches on the man city weekend as that was how we were drawn out then another 5 spread over the next weekend when we don't play. 

1 minute ago, NJS said:

It's a staged winter break thing - there are only 5 matches on the man city weekend as that was how we were drawn out then another 5 spread over the next weekend when we don't play. 

We need to give them a week off in Dubai or something. Get some sun and RnR.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Surprisingly they did mention it in the post match analcyst and Carragher spewed some bollocks about Longstaff not fully having control of the ball so that's probably why they let it go. Ignores the fact that if he wasn't taken out he may have been able to get foot to it for a pop at goal. 

Maybe we should allow Joe to take someone out off the ball then.  I mean, they don't have the ball how can they have full control? 

• Like 1

Maybe that's the reason Brunos forearm smash went unpunished in the Arsenal game :lol:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

As I’ve said before you can’t play with this much intensity 2 times a week

I agree. So what's the solution?  This is what concerns me most, Howe just seems to have plan A with no viable less intensive way of playing. 

We’ve really missed Willock’s running this season. We don’t really have anyone to drag us up the pitch the way he’s able to 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I agree. So what's the solution?  This is what concerns me most, Howe just seems to have plan A with no viable less intensive way of playing. 

we’re not really playing with the usual intensity away from home though and haven’t really done for months now. It looks to me like Howe set them up to sit back away from home to conserve energy as the fixtures piled up while continuing with the pressing intensity at home and using the crowd. 

We had a week to rest and prepare for this fixture so the fatigue excuse can’t be trotted out forever. We were just outclassed yesterday and didn’t have the sort of options off the bench that Liverpool could call on. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

we’re not really playing with the usual intensity away from home though and haven’t really done for months now. It looks to me like Howe set them up to sit back away from home to conserve energy as the fixtures piled up while continuing with the pressing intensity at home and using the crowd. 

We had a week to rest and prepare for this fixture so the fatigue excuse can’t be trotted out forever. We were just outclassed yesterday and didn’t have the sort of options off the bench that Liverpool could call on. 

Regardless of home advantage, our game away has been totally different, sitting deep in formation and pressing one at a time. We sit in along the line and as the opposition pushes up, one of ours will come out of the line one at a time which actually seems to do very little to their build up. 

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

We’ve really missed Willock’s running this season. We don’t really have anyone to drag us up the pitch the way he’s able to 

Trouble is that he is becoming more of an injury liability than Wilson. 🙁 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Renton said:

They've basically had no training time (until last week) with the 10 games in 30 days, it's in training that plan B's are worked on/installed, that and having players available.

The coming one game a week, for the foreseeable, should see us improve get sorted.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Renton said:

Well it’s definitely his biggest test so far. In his defence the team more or less picks itself at the minute. If we get players back and we’re still playing a 4-3-3 that isn’t functioning then sone criticism will be justified. Irrespective of the injuries though, and also putting aside that the style may not be sustainable (which you and others have mooted) you get sussed anyway. The best managers need to be adaptable. Not just the likely move to a more possession-based style. But also because the league is so competitive, and so much research is done into opponents etc. 

• Like 5

If we had Pope and 3 of the following: Willock, Wilson, Tonali, Trippier, Anderson, Barnes or Murphy then the players on the pitch would be able to do more as they know that they are not going to need to play the full 90. We only had Miggy who could come on and it was a good injection of some energy. 

I haven't got the foggiest where Gordon got the little burst of energy from when he set up the goal. 

I think, given the limitations of the squad, Howe has us in a good place. There have been frustrations but there are still more positives. 

We were second best all around but still needed some very dubious decisions. 

• Like 2

Even with full strength side, I think we'd have played out the same game - and sadly still lost.

Game plan was sit deep and compact and counter - we did that.

VAR has ruined football by sterilising attacking football - Isak wasn't really offside when he recieved the ball... VAR judge the attacker by the millisecond, but never factor the milliseconds the ball is in contact with the foot of the other player, time the ball is in the air etc.

Even if Isak was an elbow offside - so what? Maybe Liverpool should have defended the next phase of play and stopped Miley's cross! Maybe a Liverpool player, or Allison should have stopped Burn crashing in a header.

Sooner or later a player is going to get seriously hurt with this new VAR/Offside practice by allowing a clear offside to proceed.

Imagine an obvious offside call the linesmade allows the play - goalkeeper/striker crash into eachother and somebody breaks their leg. Dread to think level of Ian Hume, Davies or head crashes. It will happen though, somebody will be seriously injured from this 'allowing play to continue ruling'

Edited by Nefilim
  • Like 2

What a load of nonsense. Maybe they should have stopped Shelvey's goal. Stopping play prematurely could also lead to events that could cause an injury. 

You cannot say with a full strength squad that the game would be the same. 

I can't bear the thought of Klopp or Arteta winning the league mind. Hope Spurs, City or Villa keep their form up. Although Villa won't shut up about it for the next 40 years if they win something 

• Like 2