The Great DOF Hunt of 2024

47 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Scorer of the first goal I ever saw at SJP so he has my vote.

Obviously Peter Beardsley was for me, to be fair though, obviously this was the first NUFC player because to be fair, the first goal I saw was obviously a visiting player, Alan Brown, (ex-NUFC) for Shrewsbury to be fair, obviously.

28635-list.jpg.1a76ebd961a6aaae9bd45bea50e24841.jpg

• Haha 5

Viana would be interesting, helping us tap into the portugese market.

Under him sporting appointed ruben amorim and have become a proper title winner/contender again for the first time in a while.

And since no one seems to know what a DoFs role really is, it fits his idiom at nufc perfectly.

• Haha 5

On 29/03/2024 at 07:06, PaddockLad said:

Errr…wasn’t one of the main reasons why Tonali decided to leave Milan was that they’d got rid of Maldini? 🤷🏻‍♂️ 👀

I don't know if that's true, but you're right about the timing; Maldini was sacked in June, Tonali sold in July. My bad. Who knows when our interest started, reports of us tabling a bid came in June. There's no way in the world that we should have an interest in Maldini though! Football directors ideally have an understanding and experience with a variety of football internationally, Maldini is an absolute legend of the game but having spent his entire career in Milan that insularity works against him.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Sonatine said:

Viana signed for us in 2002, 22 years ago now.

I feel old :rip:

He looked old sometimes he was so slow 

So this ref's a blind cunt. We get nothing for Barnes being wrestled to the floor, they get a free kick for tripping over themselves. Fucking shocking!

Edit: Fuck, wrong thread! :lol:

Edited by MrBass
  • Haha 8

Rumours on the owld twitter reckon Maldini is at the match tonight. He’s not, but thats the rumours.

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dazzler said:

Rumours on the owld twitter reckon Maldini is at the match tonight. He’s not, but thats the rumours.

Sadly I fear his dashing good looks and flowing locks may have been mistaken for my own.

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

How good a source is that Geordie Dentist/Mitch character? 🤔

He replied to a tweet earlier that we’ve spoken to Maldini twice about becoming our DoF…. although he seems to have deleted it now…have subsequently spent most of the afternoon fantasising about us announcing the appointment the same week as Ashworth appoints Southgate as ETH’s replacement… then Paolo making Federico Chiesa his first signing…good olive oii drizzled on warm Focaccia with a large glass of Primitivo..fava beans and a nice Chianti etc etc…

Silence Of The Lambs Hannibal GIF

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

How good a source is that Geordie Dentist/Mitch character? 🤔

He replied to a tweet earlier that we’ve spoken to Maldini twice about becoming our DoF…. although he seems to have deleted it now…have subsequently spent most of the afternoon fantasising about us announcing the appointment the same week as Ashworth appoints Southgate as ETH’s replacement… then Paolo making Federico Chiesa his first signing…good olive oii drizzled on warm Focaccia with a large glass of Primitivo..fava beans and a nice Chianti etc etc…

Silence Of The Lambs Hannibal GIF

He's just a bloke who lives in the middle east from what I know. I am sure he's part of the Wraith social media love in.

17 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

Twit t’

Do you know that the Too-wit / too-woo call is that of the tawny owl. I occasionally hear them and (very rarely) see them out the back of mine. But the former is actually a male call and the latter is a female’s response. Anyway there were these two blokes in a village in Devon several years back that started making the calls (using a bird whistle or something). But, unbeknown to them, they were calling to each other, not another owl. It went on for ages and it was only due to a random conversation between the two fella’s wives that they discovered the truth. :lol: 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 5