General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

6 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

The wife is doing the GNR this year.  It's the longest event she has done.  She is running with her colleague and both have grafted hard as fuck for it.  I am well proud.

She is running for a local hospice that looked after her mate a couple of years back.  They have also looked after an aunt of mine years ago, so its a charity that means a lot to me.  Her work have said they will double what her and her colleague raise.  So far they've done just over 1.5k.  That will mean so much to the charity.

Anyways.  She sent a WhatsApp out weeks ago to family and friends with the JustGiving page.  Everyone has been very generous.  Well, apart from her TIGHT CUNT Brother and Parents!  Her parents came on Sunday and they even asked how her training was going etc.  Fuck all about sponsorship.

I've told her to stop wasting energy on them. Do the event and don't even bother telling them a time etc.  Just ignore the tight cunts.

AND YES, IT'S FUCKED ME OFF (You're shocked I know)

Does ANYTHING not wind you up? There must be something. 

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Just thought this took incredible courage. Cunt wasn’t expecting a fight back. The sort of fucker who ended up in the dock at Nuremberg after his shifts at Auschwitz :cuppa:

https://twitter.com/omid9/status/1696215393885462963?s=46&t=Ob2-o4XW2OqBfdaNO_UQnQ

Not meaning to detract from the seriousness of this or derail the discussion but the move with the shoe is giving me heavy flashbacks of witnessing a guy randomly getting smashed over the head a good few times with a high-hell by a very angry woman. Bizarrely he didn't even attempt to defend himself much, never mind fight back. Instead he focussed all his efforts on pleading with everyone in the surrounding area NOT to intervene and try to stop her or separate them. I have no idea what the backstory was but in the aftermath learned she was part of a notorious family in the area who have a known penchant for organised crime and extreme violence and several other family members were lurking nearby. 

Right I'll try not to lower the tone any further. Back on topic and in an attempt to raise the tone a bit, I'll just say the conversation before I opened my mouth and shared my totally irrelevant anecdote really put me mind of this, which is both a lot more recent and orders of magnitude more relevant than my anecdote of a strange scrap outside a boozer. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Is the Elon app down for anyone? Just been into Vodafone where they gave me a new SIM card and everything seems a tiny bit quicker but twatteX isn’t loading 🤷🏻‍♂️

It's on for me. I followed you btw on my new account after being locked out of my old one. No follow back? 

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

:lol:

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

It's on for me. I followed you btw on my new account after being locked out of my old one. No follow back? 

Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

:lol:

You must’ve gone in super ninja stealth mode this time :D 

it’s still not working…

• Haha 2

Just now, PaddockLad said:

You must’ve gone in super ninja stealth mode this time :D 

it’s still not working…

Either I'm super ninja stealthy or time's catching up on the old grey matter there, Robert? :lol:

• Haha 2

Anyone up for a beer in town on Friday? Looks like it might just be me and the missus. My mate who was also doing the GNR has found out his place wasn't confirmed by the deadline and they're not letting him run. He's raised a shit load of money for charity.

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Classic scam artistry from your mate there, Craig. I'd report him.

I'm a gigantic hermit, so I'll not be out on Friday though, sorry!

TBF he's going fucking nuts about it as he's trained for it for months. 

And no worries.

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Just been to site and the site H&S manager could hardly walk he was that fat.  This mother fucker is trying to tell me how to be safe too!!!

GTFO 

Can’t have an accident on site if he can’t get out of his chair. 
think-about-it-reece-simpson.gif

• Haha 4

Well I'm fifty today, alongside the birthday cards was a letter through the door from work giving me my official notice of redundancy......

The Office Sarcasm GIF

..... And then a potential problem confirmed by the missus step dad, (who was a builder), whilst he was around with the MiL, water's getting into the house as a small part of the paved brickwork is near the damp proof course and isn't flowing away in the opposite direction coupled with the rendering we got done a couple of years ago going over some lead flashing near the roof which directed the water away from our extension and into the guttering so it's coming down the wall instead onto said dodgy paving. Perfect storm and that.....

Sarcastic Happy Birthday GIF by chuber channel

P.S.

Also got an email from the careers service woman informing me, (after I'd emailed her last week wondering what was happening with a course I'd applied for months ago?) that the DWP knocked back my application last month but the DWP bloke, the bloke at work seconded to this and herself didn't bother letting me know. Great. Why would I want to know that? :lol:

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Haha 1
  • Jaysus... 3

11 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well I'm fifty today, alongside the birthday cards was a letter through the door from work giving me my official notice of redundancy......

The Office Sarcasm GIF

..... And then a potential problem confirmed by the missus step dad, (who was a builder), whilst he was around with the MiL, water's getting into the house as a small part of the paved brickwork is near the damp proof course and isn't flowing away in the opposite direction coupled with the rendering we got done a couple of years ago going over some lead flashing near the roof which directed the water away from our extension and into the guttering so it's coming down the wall instead onto said dodgy paving. Perfect storm and that.....

Sarcastic Happy Birthday GIF by chuber channel

P.S.

Also got an email from the careers service woman informing me, (after I'd emailed her last week wondering what was happening with a course I'd applied for months ago?) that the DWP knocked back my application last month but the DWP bloke, the bloke at work seconded to this and herself didn't bother letting me know. Great. Why would I want to know that? :lol:

Happy birthday 👍🏻

• Thanks 1