General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Rock stars of the past (and I'm sure present) behaved appallingly but they were on tour in hotel rooms and it was out of sight. Brand's stuff was happening, at least to some extent, in TV studios and the same studios were being warned that he was a problem, and were still hiring him.

These are places of employment with codes of conduct and HR policies etc. As someone else (spongebob?) suggested, this should have been as much a story about them as Brand.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Renton said:

It's about time you antipideans stood up and apologised for Murdoch iyam. Not a single person has fucked the UK over more than this cunt, and I'm including Thatcher and Johnson in that list. Apologise. NOW. Oh, and you say sorry for Rolf Harris whole you're at it., and John Torode.  

TBF Torode is the worst offender, cunt  should just be taken out by the tactical unit of the Scots Guards* just for having the extreme good fortune of getting to regularly lance Lisa Faulkner :cuppa:

*Sandhurst lore apparently has it that it was these that did for the Princess in the Paris tunnel 😆

4 hours ago, Rayvin said:

Brand went from far left to far right, a good example of the political horseshoe and arguably proves how dangerous it is to be semi literate within politics and to then use that position to take an extreme stance.

See also Glen Greenwald.

Brand sounds like a total cunt, some of the allegations are awful to read, but I'm not sure what this does other than cement him as someone firmly in the Musk/Tate/Poole camp. Which will draw more people to him.

If he doesn’t go to prison, which I don’t think he will, I can see this being a money spinner for him 

6 hours ago, Gemmill said:

The time to take the Dilbert lad out was when he was writing that godawful comic strip.

Same applies to Brand. I haven't seen that bloke on telly since pre-pandemic but NOW he thinks there's a "coordinated attack" on him.

I’d forgotten all about Dilbert. I worked in IT at the height of its fame and immediately took a dislike to anyone who thought it was funny 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Alex said:

If he doesn’t go to prison, which I don’t think he will, I can see this being a money spinner for him 

I think his move to the lunatic fringe was entirely driven by money. If you look at the rag tag collection of random media types all jumping on it can only be money. Create a bit of profile (he obvs didn’t need to do this) say the right things and Tufton Street will very likely pay you 🤷🏻‍♂️

He might run into trouble with venues for his tours. That’s maybe the real reason he’s done it, he’s probably raking it in already so if he loses his tour income he’s got this back up already in place. You’d imagine that a cynical, narcissistic manipulator and exploiter will be a couple of steps ahead. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I think his move to the lunatic fringe was entirely driven by money. If you look at the rag tag collection of random media types all jumping on it can only be money. Create a bit of profile (he obvs didn’t need to do this) say the right things and Tufton Street will very likely pay you 🤷🏻‍♂️

He might run into trouble with venues for his tours. That’s maybe the real reason he’s done it, he’s probably raking it in already so if he loses his tour income he’s got this back up already in place. You’d imagine that a cynical, narcissistic manipulator and exploiter will be a couple of steps ahead. 

He did a gig last night and received a standing ovation, as well as having placards of support sent backstage, from women. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66835222

I think we’re a month or two away from a new presenter showing up on GB News. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Absofuckinglutely.

Let's face it, he's always been an absolute grifter. Nobody with an inch of self-worth releases an auto-biography called "my bookie-wook" while their whole public persona is based on being an effeminate male sex-pest. 

• Like 1

Daniel Sloss called it ages ago and is the only comedian to put his name out there. I know there are comics on the circuit who share stories about 'problem' people, but there was apparently the sense that powerful voices could fuck their career if they spoke up. 

Not just the predators, but toxic people who'd sabotage a crowd for a newer comic, out of spite or whatever. 

I know there's a group where people can raise concerns but when so many of the promoters are more bothered about income than the safety/happiness of their performers, it's not had much impact 

• Like 3

Just now, The Fish said:

Daniel Sloss called it ages ago and is the only comedian to put his name out there. I know there are comics on the circuit who share stories about 'problem' people, but there was apparently the sense that powerful voices could fuck their career if they spoke up. 

Not just the predators, but toxic people who'd sabotage a crowd for a newer comic, out of spite or whatever. 

I know there's a group where people can raise concerns but when so many of the promoters are more bothered about income than the safety/happiness of their performers, it's not had much impact 

That Daniel Sloss routine needs to be shared and shouted from the rafters. I cant and won't trust any bloke who takes issue with it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

That Daniel Sloss routine needs to be shared and shouted from the rafters. I cant and won't trust any bloke who takes issue with it. 

And yet you haven't shared it.

If you're not part of the solution...

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

One of our Aussie contingents getting rumbled for their flaming racism.....

:lol:

Fucking hell @OTF I told you not to do that interview!

"Best part" about South Australia is it was the only state of Australia that was a free settlement, so no convicts, which means it was filled with religious zealots and fucking weirdos.

Place is full of churches and mass murderers and although that footage looks like it was shot in the 80s, it wasn't, it was only 3 weeks ago.

To put things in to perspective further, the first newspaper Murdoch owned was the Adelaide afternoon tabloid, The News, so South Australia is also responsible for that racist cunt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4