General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

A loaf of bread.

It gets opened and everyone bypasses the crust. Eventually all that is left are two crusts that usually get chucked as a fresher loaf has been opened.

1. Why does the first person in not simply discard the first crust.

2. Should manufacturers not recycle the crusts.

Does anyone else follow this maddening pattern?

CT, why did you think people left the crust* in them? :lol:

*Or 'ouncers' as my Irish Mother calls them. (I've no idea either). :D

It's the heel isn't it?

CT's lack of basic knowledge is odd sometimes.......

Or blended to make breadcrumbs!

Made a breadcrumb, gruyere and red pepper mix to cover a chicken breast last night. Had it with a store bought salsa and used up some roast veg in coucous with a liberal amount of lemon (rind and juice) too.

Was lush. Was gonna have the other chicken breast in the same covering but with a mashed sweet potato/butternut squash mash instead of the couscous. Instead I'm off out for dinner.

Made a breadcrumb, gruyere and red pepper mix to cover a chicken breast last night. Had it with a store bought salsa and used up some roast veg in coucous with a liberal amount of lemon (rind and juice) too.

Was lush. Was gonna have the other chicken breast in the same covering but with a mashed sweet potato/butternut squash mash instead of the couscous. Instead I'm off out for dinner.

:lol:

Gives me an idea for sweet potato and butternut squash cakes...

A guy I lived with at uni in my second year always used to do his own chicken nuggets so store bought breadcrumbs when we had a perfectly good blender. He wouldn't accept that you can blend the crusts/dry bread to get the same thing. Twat.

:lol:

Gives me an idea for sweet potato and butternut squash cakes...

A guy I lived with at uni in my second year always used to do his own chicken nuggets so store bought breadcrumbs when we had a perfectly good blender. He wouldn't accept that you can blend the crusts/dry bread to get the same thing. Twat.

Lass I live with buys pre-grated cheese...

Honestly, I despair.

You're preaching to the choir here mate. I've had words but she says it's just easier. I actually grated a block of cheese for her and froze it, but apparently that's too much effort for her to do herself... smh