General Random Conversation..

Yeah you don't need all the school level academic stuff, the minimum might be a foundation course to build up to whatever it is that you want to do. I would open up dialogue with a university about it (assuming it's a degree you want of course!) and they'll be able to tell you what hoops might need to be jumped through.

• Like 1
  • Replies 29.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Monkeys Fist

• Gemmill

• The Fish

• Christmas Tree

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo kiddiewinks. It’s just gone 3am but it feels like 2am. If you have any old-fashioned clocks in your households from the early days of the forum then please adjust them accordingly. And can you clea

Hi lads just a quick update about Master T we were allowed to visit him in the mental hospital at Ryhope yesterday it's the first time we've seen him in 6 days. He was allowed to go to the local Asda

This was pushed through our door tonight. I’ve blotted the number out to save MF a very long drive.    They’ve done the whole street apparently, my neighbour has already reported it. Bit tho

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, Alex said:

You could look into doing a degree online. As a mature student you wouldn’t necessarily need A-Levels. It was a long time ago but I thought A-Level English was fucking brutal. Like a lesson in how to take all the joy out of a subject. My English degree was far more interesting and enjoyable 

Yeah maybe a uni access course would be better...I drive past Bournemouth uni every day,..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Here, all you deed clever university types....quite fancy taking up studies again, a mere 36 years after leaving school. Beleive it or not, my English teacher was very keen for me to stay on at school to do Higher English, whereas I was more interested in getting pissed and watching Pedro and Gazza on a Saturday so needed to finance that....anyway, I got an A for O Grade English and now quite fancy doing the A level 

Google isn't really helping as it's mostly adverts so am wondering if anyone knows a good online provider or a top 10 site or something?.. 🤔

Isn't open University the obvious answer? Have you got Maths O level as well, I think that may be the minimum criteria. I did my MSc distance learning and loved it, so if you cat on a course, go for it I say. 

• Like 1

HEFCs are what you’re probably after @PaddockLad- Higher Education Foundation Course. 

They’re aimed at mature students looking to go on and study for degrees. 

It’s always good to get the neurons sparking again, go for it mate. 👍

• Like 1

Well, funny you should say that.

But I started at a place last July and I am now working my notice period :lol: Fucking 3 months too cunts.

I am just going self employed, I should have done it years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6