General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Does anyone remember when Lightwater Valley used this song on an advert, but instead of "Peace in the city" the lyrics were "Lightwater Valley"? :lol:

Can you feeeeeel it? Can you feeeeeel it? 

I've been looking for the Lightwater Valley version but can't find it. Just checking someone else remembers. 

51 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Does anyone remember when Lightwater Valley used this song on an advert, but instead of "Peace in the city" the lyrics were "Lightwater Valley"? :lol:

I've been looking for the Lightwater Valley version but can't find it. Just checking someone else remembers. 

Tux2 memories kicking in, Gem? :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Aye, remember it well :D 

• Like 2

On 01/12/2021 at 19:22, Blastronaut said:

Unless you took it an upholsterers by mistake, I'd be looking for a new garage like.

VW, I take it there just to keep it in order tbh :lol: 

If I keep it beyond 5 years I’ll go elsewhere.

Anyone got any Smart Home shit going on? 

The storm last week killed my doorbell so I bought a Ring Video one to replace it. Then got the bug and bought a Ring security system (alarm basically) which arrives tomorrow, along with a camera spotlight for the back garden. (my wanker old school alarm needs a service and they want me to pay £300 for a three year contract, when I can get a full Ring system for cheaper and no service bullshit to deal with). 

And I've ordered a quote for installing Nest to control the heating. 

And I bought my first smart lightbulbs, although that one is cos I let my lass measure for a cabinet in the spare room, and she measured so that the cabinet completely covers the light switch. Where if I just replace the light bulb with a smart one, I can tell Alexa to turn the fucker on (or use my phone), taking the switch right out of the game. 

Who's with me? 

If nothing else, CT is about to drop 2 grand after reading this post. 

• Haha 4

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The cameras are outside. BUT OTHER THAN THAT AYYYYYYE GREAT POINT. 

you're obviously going for an entry level system. my old man got one with cameras all over the house after they were burgled. fuck that 

I've had this on the radar for a while, don't see any reason not to since it's inevitably the direction of travel that society is going to head down.

Quite keen on the idea of intelligent lighting systems generally as I'm quite mood sensitive on light.

As for being spied on, they know everything anyway man - and what could possibly be going on in your home that is more shameful than your internet search history?

Edited by Rayvin

We have a simplisafe alarm etc. Mainly because this place didn’t have an alarm when we bought it.

Put a motion sensor camera out the back because our old garage was broken into and all my tools nicked, first thing the polis asked was did I have cctv footage.

Also I can see which horrible cunt cats are laying cables in my garden and throw stones at them specifically rather than a scattergun approach.

• Like 1

We live in a really nice area.

2 minutes ago, strawb said:

We have a simplisafe alarm etc. Mainly because this place didn’t have an alarm when we bought it.

Put a motion sensor camera out the back because our old garage was broken into and all my tools nicked, first thing the polis asked was did I have cctv footage.

Also I can see which horrible cunt cats are laying cables in my garden and throw stones at them specifically rather than a scattergun approach.

We just live in a nice area.

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Gemmill watched Mare of Easttown and all he took from it were surveillance tips.

I've never seen it. Any good? I'll ask Alexa to stick it on for me. 

Edited by Gemmill

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

The storm last week killed my doorbell so I bought a Ring Video one to replace it. Then got the bug and bought a Ring security system (alarm basically) which arrives tomorrow, along with a camera spotlight for the back garden. (my wanker old school alarm needs a service and they want me to pay £300 for a three year contract, when I can get a full Ring system for cheaper and no service bullshit to deal with). 

And I bought my first smart lightbulbs, although that one is cos I let my lass measure for a cabinet in the spare room, and she measured so that the cabinet completely covers the light switch. Where if I just replace the light bulb with a smart one, I can tell Alexa to turn the fucker on (or use my phone), taking the switch right out of the game. 

Who's with me? 

I'm smart homed to fuck - had that bug for years and this year I upgraded from x-10 to z-wave. All controlled by a pc and alexa enabled including lights, cameras and all AV equipment. 

Still need to do my central heating though. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Who's with me? 

Sorry to disappoint but most of this smart home thing is for morons. :lol: 

Ok you are hiding behind the cabinet excuse but ffs, walking into a room and saying Alexa lights on or clapping your hands…. :lol: 

I love a gadget as much as the next idiot. Sonos arc and surround speakers, worth every penny. A fucking video doorbell :lol: Fine if you live in Beverley hills but howay. Some fucker has one in our street cos I keep hearing that irritating jingle.

As for Alexa, the only thing I use it for is timing cooking or pausing and playing TV. If I’m sprawled on the sofa it’s much easier to say pause / play than sit up to get the remote.

Ive lately being trying to convince myself there is some point to a smart watch :lol: Just know @Dr Gloom has one.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Sorry to disappoint but most of this smart home thing is for morons. :lol: 

Ok you are hiding behind the cabinet excuse but ffs, walking into a room and saying Alexa lights on or clapping your hands…. :lol: 

I love a gadget as much as the next idiot. Sonos arc and surround speakers, worth every penny. A fucking video doorbell :lol: Fine if you live in Beverley hills but howay. Some fucker has one in our street cos I keep hearing that irritating jingle.

As for Alexa, the only thing I use it for is timing cooking or pausing and playing TV. If I’m sprawled on the sofa it’s much easier to say pause / play than sit up to get the remote.

Ive lately being trying to convince myself there is some point to a smart watch :lol: Just know @Dr Gloom has one.

Are you suggesting there's am Alexa gizmo for pausing live TV?....

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

Are you suggesting there's am Alexa gizmo for pausing live TV?....

I've just discovered I can tell the bitch to pause, play, mute the volume on my surround sound, etc. 

• Haha 1