Your favourite stand up comedians?

Toonraider

Watching Talking Funny at the minute. Surely the rest of them must realise what a bellend Gervais is?

Though he did have a fair point about easy jokes (I assume he was on about Michael McIntyre).

• 1 month later...
fav comdeian er difficult to choose peter kay is pretty funny i like jasper carrott hes funny when he makes those faces lol

What about the purple Wiggle? He's pretty funny.

Only read the last page like a wanker, anyone mentioned Russell Brand? Funniest comedian in my opinion, a comedian has to have wit and look like he owns the stage, and Russell is brilliant, never too harsh on hecklers either, gives banter but doesn't go ott. I can see how many older lads wouldn't like him though (as a side note his radio show was amazing, cue some guy coming on and giving it the Sachsgate bore.)

Only read the last page like a wanker, anyone mentioned Russell Brand? Funniest comedian in my opinion, a comedian has to have wit and look like he owns the stage, and Russell is brilliant, never too harsh on hecklers either, gives banter but doesn't go ott. I can see how many older lads wouldn't like him though (as a side note his radio show was amazing, cue some guy coming on and giving it the Sachsgate bore.)

Remember the other day when I said that you weren't a mong? I stand corrected.

:lol:

I saw Brand do a bit on some Amnesty gig taking the piss out of reader letters to the Sun. I chuckled. It was a short bit. Then I saw a bit of his stand-up special on C4, and it was absolutely awful. The material was not only unfunny, it made you dislike the bloke, again, not in a funny way. Based on that I wouldn't pay to see him.

Edited by Kevin S. Assilleekunt

I went off him about a year ago, then I realised I was probably just jealous about Katy Perry :lol:. I knew that wouldn't go down well but I genuinely think he's funny. I need wit in comedy or it's just boring. That's why no show will ever beat Peep Show in my eyes

I cant stand Ross Noble

'I saw a road cone the other day, it was orange, like an oompa loompa cone, like if an oompa loompa was a cone and was orange and mystical and all roady oooohhhhh'

Its the sort of shite I used to spout when I was 15 and trying to be wacky and crazy cool

I went off him about a year ago, then I realised I was probably just jealous about Katy Perry :lol:. I knew that wouldn't go down well but I genuinely think he's funny. I need wit in comedy or it's just boring. That's why no show will ever beat Peep Show in my eyes

He's more verbose than articulate or witty imo.

He's more verbose than articulate or witty imo.

He does use language perfectly though, never uses things out of context and it usually furthers a gag. Can tell he's smart, and booky wook is one of the only autobiographies I like (I was stone faced the whole of Peter Kay's and most footballers annoy me with the exact same templates).

Fair enough. I saw that 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' on tv recently and it was ok, he was decent as the rock star. I just don't rate his standup, not after that c4 special. Sheesh. I find it odd that a standup would take such offence to being called a cunt.

I presume you watched the one about Sachsgate etc? It's good imo, but it's his weakest, his second (I think) one that was released on DVD is the best, and Ponderland is brilliant. As long as it's not wank like Michael Mcintyre or any comedienne (not sexist, just yet to find a funny one) I can usually enjoy any comedian.

Fair enough. I saw that 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' on tv recently and it was ok, he was decent as the rock star. I just don't rate his standup, not after that c4 special. Sheesh. I find it odd that a standup would take such offence to being called a cunt.

I presume you watched the one about Sachsgate etc? It's good imo, but it's his weakest, his second (I think) one that was released on DVD is the best, and Ponderland is brilliant. As long as it's not wank like Michael Mcintyre or any comedienne (not sexist, just yet to find a funny one) I can usually enjoy any comedian.

It's the one where he does a massive bit about Bob Geldof calling him a cunt. Really bad stand up imo. John Bishop has better material frankly. I was flicking through tv and saw John Bishop do a bit about dildos that was funnier than that, and Daffyd is writing his material. Have you seen any of Richard Pryor?

It's the one where he does a massive bit about Bob Geldof calling him a cunt. Really bad stand up imo. John Bishop has better material frankly. I was flicking through tv and saw John Bishop do a bit about dildos that was funnier than that, and Daffyd is writing his material. Have you seen any of Richard Pryor?

Oh come on that retort at the NME awards he did was pretty funny! I hate Bob Geldof so that does come into effect naturally. Didn't he help write Blazing Saddles? That film is funny as fuck!

to be fair the Bob Geldof thing is funnier watching the thing happen.

Check out Richard Pryor live in concert 1979. People generally like that one. He was going to star in Blazing Saddles apparently but the studio thought he was too risky, so I heard. He ended up becoming the highest-paid black actor ever, but from what I've seen his films don't compare with the best of his standup.

Check out Richard Pryor live in concert 1979. People generally like that one. He was going to star in Blazing Saddles apparently but the studio thought he was too risky, so I heard. He ended up becoming the highest-paid black actor ever, but from what I've seen his films don't compare with the best of his standup.

I'll give him a go! I don't like many older comedians, I haven't given even of them a chance mind.

I'll give him a go! I don't like many older comedians, I haven't given even of them a chance mind.

Richard Pryor is one of the few comedians that everyone I personally know has enjoyed when they've seen him.

I cant stand Ross Noble

'I saw a road cone the other day, it was orange, like an oompa loompa cone, like if an oompa loompa was a cone and was orange and mystical and all roady oooohhhhh'

Its the sort of shite I used to spout when I was 15 and trying to be wacky and crazy cool

He's quite funny on panel shows but his standup is shocking.

I cant stand Ross Noble

He's quite funny on panel shows but his standup is shocking.

Agree with J. He's fucking awful.