The crowd at St James'

aimaad22

I understand as well as anyone how frustrating things are at the moment. But the crowds behaviour towards the team is almost becoming as pathetic as the team itself. There are anxious ooohs aaahs and general impatience from minute 1. Not to mention we get on the back of players like Bramble and that does thier confidence no good. Everybody knows what a clown he is but we can save it for after the game cant we?

This is the time when the team needs its fans behind it, and we are doing completely the opposite! Its hard yes but its what should be done. We let out the frustration amongst ourselves, whats the point of letting the team know infront of the whole world that we hate thier guts! Want to protest agains the manager or the chairman, it should be done after or before games as a proper protest and not angry chants during the game that demoralise everyone. When a game starts, we should get completely behind the team so they can play with as much confidence as possible.

At the moment we are a 12th man to the other team.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand as well as anyone how frustrating things are at the moment. But the crowds behaviour towards the team is almost becoming as pathetic as the team itself. There are anxious ooohs aaahs and general impatience from minute 1. Not to mention we get on the back of players like Bramble and that does thier confidence no good. Everybody knows what a clown he is but we can save it for after the game cant we?

This is the time when the team needs its fans behind it, and we are doing completely the opposite! Its hard yes but its what should be done. We let out the frustration amongst ourselves, whats the point of letting the team know infront of the whole world that we hate thier guts! Want to protest agains the manager or the chairman, it should be done after or before games as a proper protest and not angry chants during the game that demoralise everyone. When a game starts, we should get completely behind the team so they can play with as much confidence as possible.

"We"? "We" should be doing this, "we" should be doing that. "You" are in Pakistan, so basically fuck off tbh.

"We"? "We" should be doing this, "we" should be doing that. "You" are in Pakistan, so basically fuck off tbh.

:unsure:

Knee jerk tbh :(

:D

:unsure::(:(:D

I defence of my non-local comrade, for "we" read "you"

:unsure:

more like jerk...

aimad may well be from pakistan, but he's entitled his opinion. as are you, but just think before you type.

He's entitled to tell me how the crowd should and shouldn't react when he has to fork out to go and watch that turd every week. Until then, I'm entitled to tell him to fuck off. Great word-play with the knee jerk to jerk thing btw. I see what you did there.

every man jack is entitled to deride and berate the team in any way he chooses. It's easy to sit in Leeds, London or Pakistan and declare that we're making the team poor because we're not there, we're not caught up in the moment. I know I get embarrased when our fans boo and mock our own players, and have received derision from my mates because of it. But to be honest, when I'm lucky enough to get to watch a match at SJP, I would boo, hiss and mock with the rest of them, cos right now Newcastle United IS a fucking Pantomime.

First time i've ever seen such a nasty streak in Scott, and I must say I don't like it one bit. :unsure:

First time i've ever seen such a nasty streak in Scott, and I must say I don't like it one bit. :unsure:

I'm not going to speak for him, but I think its the frustration of watching shit week in week out that caused that comment rather than aimaad22's post.

More than justified imo. There's nothing that pisses me off more than people who don't go to matches who have a go at those that do, telling them how they should behave.

Anyone remember New Jersey Mag? What a twat.

I back Scott as well, even though I usually respect the opinion of everyone even thought they don't go. Me and another lad went back to our local toinght where we were given a lecture on how we were wrong about this and that by a bunch of twats who have never gone to the match in my lifetime (25 years at least) yet what they say is FACT apparently. I bit my tounge, but my mate has now pretty much fallen out with half the bar by telling them they're a fickle bunch of no nowt bastids. Ledge imo.

Edited by sweetleftpeg

I can see both sides of the coin here.

Basically sometimes it's frustrating sitting in the ground or watching on TV and the crowd is irritable and it's transferring onto the pitch. You just want them to give it a rest sometimes.

HOWEVER I've been there. Many times. Times where it's just so frustrating you can't bite your tongue for 90 minutes. At the end of the day regardless of whether you live miles away or you live round the corner, you pay a lot of money to go and watch a product which isn't performing. It's annoying. It's infuriating. I've found times at the game when we've been shite and I just don't see the point in moaning and griping and groaning and just sit quiet for 90 minutes. Other times I find myself moaning and griping and moaning with the best of them.

I'd say anyone who's willing to fork out right now to watch Newcastle United is entitled to say whatever they want and moan about whatever they want. We've seen a once proud team turned into a shambles before our very eyes.

It's easy to moan about the crowd from the comfort of an armchair. I challenge anyone who criticises the crowd from the comfort of an armchair to go and watch THAT right now and keep schtum for 90 minutes.

Those who were there today would have transmitted nervousness onto the park for one reason and one reason only. They were nervous themselves. Simple, you can't change that. And when we're in a horrific run and looking like throwing away 2 points at our best chance to overturn the slide, then what do we expect?

Lay off the crowd. Those going right now have my respect, whether they are moaning or sitting on their hands when we're shite. Fair play to them and they can react to their £500 investment how they like.

I would have... well, maybe not outright booed tonight, but certainly grumbled, stuck two fingers up at the pitch and mooched off to find the nearest source of alcohol. Multiply that by 25,000 and you've got something akin to the "boo" that lasted for a maximum of 10 seconds after the final whistle then dissolved as soon as everyone realised they had places to be and people to see. If you still think that's a fucking insult once you've fully appreciated the amount these people plough into the club, then you want to be questioning your own allegiance.

Gemmill's 100% spot on tbh. I don't know how people who don't plough their money in to watch this garbage dare criticize those who do.

I was the one who got rid of NewJerseyMag in the end cos I kept giving him such a hard time over what a wanker he was. My proudest moment tbh.